Things for Boys to Do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks to me like you are the one getting “up in arms” and trying to “police” everyone into agreeing with you that “biology” dictates what children enjoy at Disney World, and the previous poster was sharing her experience that all WDW activities are enjoyed by and available to kids regardless of gender.

As someone who grew up in Saudi Arabia, the “PC police” sounds pretty darn awesome compared to the actual police there that enforced conformity to the gender social norms in that country.

One more time....everyone knew what the OP was asking for. They wanted specific things for boys to do at WDW, not a lecture on PC gender neutrality.

No one is "up in arms", just expressing my opinion that is different from someone else's. Doesn't make me more or less right than you or her.

I don't like any kind of police involved in free speech...whether it is the real police or the PC police.

I have really struggled over the years of what to do with my son. It seems there are endless possibilities for my princess-loving daughters. Here are some of the ideas we've done and are doing soon: golfing with Dad, Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom, Agent P missions, arcades at the different resorts, mini-golf, renting a boat, horseback riding, archery, eating "the kitchen sink" at Beaches and Cream, bowling, watching a movie in Disney Springs, water parks, hot air balloon...

Are you looking to adopt any more family members? That sounds like an awesome list of extra curriculars at Disney right there!

Are you looking to adopt any more family members? That sounds like an awesome list of extra curriculars at Disney right there!
LOL! We've been so many times we do a few special activities per trip. We always do a "girls day" and a "boys day". On our next trip for girls day we are going around to the resorts and eating everything pink - LOL.

I wasn't trying to stir an uproar. My son is 7, and doesn't care anything about princesses. We are staying at the All-Star Sports because he loves all things sports. I thank everyone for the great ideas and will look into them all. It is my first trip in 18 years and will be his first Disney trip ever so I want to make it as memorable as possible.

original post was asking about activities for her son to make the trip special - meaning she wanted things other than princess makeovers!

my son loved meeting all the characters at mickey breakfast and pooh breakfast as well as jedi training when he was 4- we did all the photo ops and autographs with cars and Phineas and ferb type characters
at 11 I am not planning character meals- but we will see Chewbacca and baymax !
still up for jedi training as well as sorcerers of the kingdom

I wasn't trying to stir an uproar. My son is 7, and doesn't care anything about princesses.

I know you weren't trying to classify boy vs girl stuff. Disney has lots of activities that are enjoyed by both genders. The list posted in post #10 is a great list for you to look at.

Since it has been years since you've visited,and 1st for your son, I would keep your itinerary simple. Disney World will keep you busy and tired!

Have a great trip.

I wasn't trying to stir an uproar. My son is 7, and doesn't care anything about princesses. We are staying at the All-Star Sports because he loves all things sports. I thank everyone for the great ideas and will look into them all. It is my first trip in 18 years and will be his first Disney trip ever so I want to make it as memorable as possible.

I mentioned it already, but putting in another plug for ESPN Club if your son loves sports. My son is a HUGE basketball fan and LOVES having dinner at ESPN. Even if there aren't games on that you are particularly interested in, there is a ton of sports memorabilia in there - it's a lot of fun. You may also want to see if there are any sporting events at ESPN or in the surrounding areas. We paired a WDW trip with a Magic/Golden State game two years ago - it was FANTASTIC!

Although not a "boy" thing per se...my older DS really enjoyed the Star Wars dessert party. He likes Star Wars and all you can eat dessert. It was a special thing we did...DS and I went and did make your own light saber and then did the dessert party and stayed for EMH. (The little ones and DH went to the arcade and watched tv in the resort)

On a different day, I took the little ones to Akershus for breakfast and DS and DH went fishing in world showcase.

My 7 year old son loved the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. His favorite part of the whole trip was seeing the spiders \snakes maybe? at Rafiki's Planet Watch. He doesn't like characters except Kylo Ren! He loved meeting him, if you have a Disney Visa they have a special meet and greet with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter