Things that are free at Disney

phdhycster

Mouseketeer
so I have been reading many threads on the Dis boards lately to get great ideas for out upcoming trip in August. I have come across a few free things to do while reading the posts and it got me thinking what else is there to do at Disney that is free and I do not know about it. So far I have found out that there is a free kitchen tour at the AKL and that AOA gives free animation lessons. what else is out there......... Please add

you can get free cups of water from quick service. Just wait in line. Well worth it when it's hot.

Campfire with Chip n Dale at camp wilderness. You can then purchase s'mores :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

after the campfire and sing-along with Chip and Dale at the cabins is a movie, many other resorts have free outdoor movies as well.

so I have been reading many threads on the Dis boards lately to get great ideas for out upcoming trip in August. I have come across a few free things to do while reading the posts and it got me thinking what else is there to do at Disney that is free and I do not know about it. So far I have found out that there is a free kitchen tour at the AKL and that AOA gives free animation lessons. what else is out there......... Please add

Are the activities at AoA & AKL only available to registered guests of the resorts? We're staying at Pop and dining at Sanaa & Boma...would love to do these.

See quote below I took from another thread-we can't wait to do this!! :)

QUOTE["dgagnon519;48472752"]
We love Boma and it is a must do for us. We like RFC too, but it has the chain restaurant feel to it. I would go over to AKL do Boma, tour the resort, do some night vision goggles.]

the Electric Water Pageant or as we call it the boat parade. can be seen from any one of the resort beaches along Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon and even from the front entrance of MK. hokey but great fun. we love it. generally starts at the Poly at 9ish and is only 5 min long. then it travels to each of the rest of them and plays. happens every night.

Not at WDW, but the personalized maps are free!

Entertainment at the Boardwalk

Club Cool in Epcot

:goodvibes

oh...thought of anyother....the find perry games at epcot and the pirate adventure one at MK (not sure if that one is live yet) electronic scavenger hunt games that you can play around the parks. no charge. stop by one of the game entrance spots at the park, pick up your play devise and follow clues it gives you to find stuff around the parks. fun.

also, the masks around epcot WS. fun for the little ones and free. grab one or two extra - they make great fans!

if you are looking for free stuff to do without having to pay for park entrance (a non park day that won't cost you much) - visit other resorts. lots to do and see at most of them.
AKL - no brainer. amimals and a great hidden mickey search. ask for the hidden mickey paper at the front desk. interact with the CMs in the lobby. they even have free story telling around the fire in the evenings.
WL - free tour of the resort artifacts (most all are authentic) by a ranger. great guy who loves his job and is great at it. worth doing. stick around to watch the geiser errupt.
Take a Monorail resort tour:
GF - beautiful resort. if you happen to be there when the piano player is going it is a great place to have a seat, people watch and listen to some great music.
Poly - free hula lessons in the lobby (do they still do this. i sure hope so!)
Contemp - some great pressed penny and pressed quarter machines in this resort. (ok, they aren't free, but pretty inexpensive) can't think of any freebees here.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
Agent P at Epcot
Pirates Adventure (new at MK)
Celebration buttons
Fastpasses

ETA: Also free character drawing class at HS

Not sure if AOA art lessons are available only to guests of resort but am going to call and will post.

@ xmas party free hot choc & cookies or apples
Mickey stickers
Normally confectionery on Main st have CM passing out free samples
Free soda @ Club Cool @ Epcot
Get free buttons at town hall MK or when u check in @ hotel
Free animal viewing of animals w/ nighttime goggles @ DAK Lodge. It was so cool to do when we stayed there

Wow, some really great suggestions already.

I think ? if you go to the fire station on Main Street and ask about being an honorary fireman, they might give your child some sort of certificate saying so. Again, I think. Don't know if they still do this.

In addition, I think ? if your child does Jedi Training Academy, they might get a certificate saying they are official Jedis.

My kids really loved doing the kidcot craft stations at the different pavilions and getting their craft stamped from each country.

Are the activities at AoA & AKL only available to registered guests of the resorts? We're staying at Pop and dining at Sanaa & Boma...would love to do these.

I know that the tours of the resturaunts are available to anyone. When I went, I noticed that no one ever asked where I was staying (although it was AKL). Also, AKL-Jambo has a great sunset storyteller outside by the firepit. One night when I went, afterwards a lady was asking around for the best way to "get back to" CBR, because ha's whee she was staying.

I had totally forgotten, since it's been awhile...if your child is not yet tall enough to ride a ride, they issue certificates for "Future rider..." . We have a number of them from 5-6 years ago that are neat keepsakes. Believe that if you bring back when the child is tall enough, they are good for something like front-of-line pass.

Back when the Little Mermaid section of AoA opened they were giving free tours of AoA talking about the theming etc (not sure if they still do that or not)

pool games at every resort are free

pin trading is free if you already have the pins :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter