Third Wave is Here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think that once the at risk groups are vaccinated, vaccine allocation should then be dependent on the urgency of the region. It surprises me that the pharmacy roll out initiative did not include Peel where it has been red hot since the beginning but it included Kingston (yellow)?
Anyway, I am sure all those involved in the government are doing the best that they can and I definitely don’t envy the decisions they have to make.
Until we get most people vaccinated, we will just have to stay safe... follow the protocols!

Personally I think that once the at risk groups are vaccinated, vaccine allocation should then be dependent on the urgency of the region. It surprises me that the pharmacy roll out initiative did not include Peel where it has been red hot since the beginning but it included Kingston (yellow)?
Anyway, I am sure all those involved in the government are doing the best that they can and I definitely don’t envy the decisions they have to make.
Until we get most people vaccinated, we will just have to stay safe... follow the protocols!

Yeah I was surprised at Kingston as well.

I was under the impression that the amount of vaccine is the issue. Toronto is their priority but there isn't enough vaccine to add Peel, so instead chose a lower populated area.

I think if they said Toronto and Peel, without enough vaccines to cover both for specific priority group, there'll be bigger issues. I can only assume that Kingston is the next priority that match the number of vaccines available.

This has been happening here in BC. Besides the age groups, LTC home etc, they are targeting hotspots and certain communities. Prince Rupert has now vaccinated all eligible residents who want one because of a cluster of outbreaks and the fact that they do not have the medical resources to deal with huge outbreaks. I believe another nearby/remote community has also been immunized. Closer to home, here in the lower mainland, ALL Surrey school teachers and staff (about 8500) will be vaccinated by Thursday due to Surrey being THE hotspot in the province. In conjunction with that, we've also moved on to the 73+ age group who can start calling today for appointments. By doing it 'both ways' as it were I think we will have greater success (but what do I know).

I don't understand how they're doing things here in Quebec. I agree with them targeting older people first, but its been at least 2 weeks now that the age was lowered to 60 and there are still a ton of open spots available to book. I don't get why they just don't start opening it to the rest of the population if they have unfilled appointments.

I don't understand how they're doing things here in Quebec. I agree with them targeting older people first, but its been at least 2 weeks now that the age was lowered to 60 and there are still a ton of open spots available to book. I don't get why they just don't start opening it to the rest of the population if they have unfilled appointments.

I do agree they should start opening up and lowering the age in Montreal. But, the age of 60 started on the island Of Montreal ONLY last Monday the 22nd, so it’s a week today. It was not the province.https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/minimum-age-to-book-a-covid-19-vaccine-in-montreal-drops-to-60-1.5356589
The rest of the province was not in the age bracket as Montreal.

BC has now banned indoor dining (patios and take out still allowed) until April 19th, along with any indoor religious gatherings and any group fitness indoor activities. Whistler/Blackcomb resort must close until April 19th as well. These are on top of restrictions that have been in place since November which include no gatherings of any kind indoors. They just recently relaxed gatherings outside to a limit of 10 people.

BC has now banned indoor dining (patios and take out still allowed) until April 19th, along with any indoor religious gatherings and any group fitness indoor activities. Whistler/Blackcomb resort must close until April 19th as well. These are on top of restrictions that have been in place since November which include no gatherings of any kind indoors. They just recently relaxed gatherings outside to a limit of 10 people.

I am grumpy today. I shall allow myself to wallow for the next 12 or so hours, and then i'll pick myself back up tomorrow morning :(

Ok this is from a family doc in the Guelph Ontario region who posts very rational and positive stuff . For those of you like me who are just DONE with the news and the gloom and the feeling like we will never get out of this .. please read .
Awe, you follow Anne-Marie?? She's an amazing woman, we've known her since she started the Bracelet of Hope. Have you watched any of the webinars that she's been a part of? Although the majority of the panel members are from our health unit the information is useful for everyone.
If anyone is interested here's the link, it's a series of webinars that have been hosted by CMHA Waterloo- Wellington Finding the Balance During Covid-19

ALSO, for those of you who think our health unit has all of our ducks in a row, uhm, yeah, not so much. While the numbers sound good, and we're definitely out front of a lot of the province (and country in certain numbers as well) regarding the vaccines, it's not all rosy & sunny here either. I signed up on March 9th since I'm in a risk category and haven't heard anything yet but others who signed up last week and have no risk factors have already had their shots ?? But YES, Dr. Zajdlik is a breath of fre
sh air.

Horgan's comments to younger people made me laugh.

“I’m appealing to young people to curtail your social activity,” he said. “My appeal to you is, do not blow this for the rest of us. Do not blow this for your parents and your neighbours and others who have been working really, really hard making significant sacrifices, so we can get good outcomes for everybody.”

Awe, you follow Anne-Marie?? She's an amazing woman, we've known her since she started the Bracelet of Hope. Have you watched any of the webinars that she's been a part of? Although the majority of the panel members are from our health unit the information is useful for everyone.
If anyone is interested here's the link, it's a series of webinars that have been hosted by CMHA Waterloo- Wellington Finding the Balance During Covid-19

ALSO, for those of you who think our health unit has all of our ducks in a row, uhm, yeah, not so much. While the numbers sound good, and we're definitely out front of a lot of the province (and country in certain numbers as well) regarding the vaccines, it's not all rosy & sunny here either. I signed up on March 9th since I'm in a risk category and haven't heard anything yet but others who signed up last week and have no risk factors have already had their shots ?? But YES, Dr. Zajdlik is a breath of fre
sh air.
I don’t follow her but my brother and his wife sent me that today. It sure was nice to see the positive side of the numbers and I will be following her now for sure .
Maybe it’s worth a call about your shot ? It sounds like you’ve been missed maybe. I’m sorry, that must be really frustrating.

Last edited:
Yes, if the bubble re-opens the quarantine requirements drop for those visiting from within the bubble (so NS, PEI etc...) or for NBers who travel to those provinces.

Agreed. But there is an exception -- if there are cases in Halifax but nowhere else in the province, they might lock Halifax in...again. There have been a couple of times when we weren't allowed to leave the city. We became Hotel California.

Zero cases today...finally...so fingers crossed we can keep that up because I do like to get out of the city.

I have no issue with what he said. The ones I see having gatherings the most at the younger ones.

Here we have plenty of "middle aged" people blowing it. Not just holding gatherings, but plenty of local business owners here are NOT following protocols. Everyone (here) has been crying, "Shop local! Support local businesses!" etc... Yeah well, those local businesses are showing they don't give one iota about Covid restrictions, and thus, do not care about supporting us, the community that they are begging to have support them. Countless times I, and others, have walked into smaller, local businesses, only to find employees without masks on at all (thinking that little sneeze guard is adequate I guess), or they're hanging out together with masks off, but whip them on when a customer comes in etc... and don't enforce the rules with customers. However, walk into our local "big box" stores (grocery, Walmart, Costco etc...) and they're following guidelines to a T and enforcing them to the best of their ability. It's frustrating.

Here we have plenty of "middle aged" people blowing it. Not just holding gatherings, but plenty of local business owners here are NOT following protocols. Everyone (here) has been crying, "Shop local! Support local businesses!" etc... Yeah well, those local businesses are showing they don't give one iota about Covid restrictions, and thus, do not care about supporting us, the community that they are begging to have support them. Countless times I, and others, have walked into smaller, local businesses, only to find employees without masks on at all (thinking that little sneeze guard is adequate I guess), or they're hanging out together with masks off, but whip them on when a customer comes in etc... and don't enforce the rules with customers. However, walk into our local "big box" stores (grocery, Walmart, Costco etc...) and they're following guidelines to a T and enforcing them to the best of their ability. It's frustrating.

it's like the broken window theory -- if one does it and gets away with it, they will all do it. I would blame whoever is supposed to be enforcing it, either law enforcement or the parent company if they are a franchise.

DH had the opposite experience -- it was a chain convenience store. The clerk wasn't wearing a mask at all and he let a bunch of young teens in all at the same time, totally maskless and buying lots of candy. At first he was content to wait outside, and then thought better and went somewhere else...and then reported the store. Every other small store and restaurant in our neighbourhood is playing by the rules.

I have been surprised at so many vacant appointment times in Ont. We will take your vaccines! I am here in BC and I have been eagerly awaiting my turn to get my vaccine. I am considered “clinically extremely vulnerable” and I was able to book my vaccine appointment at 7am today. I set my alarm for 6:50 and had gotten through by 8am. I have an appt for April 6 and I feel like I have won the lottery. I think BC is only booking 74yrs and up right now but my DH should be able to book by early next week. I hope the vaccine roll out picks up fast but I do see light at the end of the tunnel. The problem has been with provinces trying to open up as soon as the numbers start decreasing. Better to lock down for a bit longer than to open up, only to lock down again a few weeks later.

I am in the interior of BC and I am really hoping the school teachers get immunized quickly.

Take care everyone, wear your mask, and stay safe. We will get through this!

So is it computer illiteracy that is causing there to be so many vacant vaccine appointments? Is it ignorance of the procedure or availability or is it vaccine hesitancy? I'd love to know.

Vacancies don't appear everywhere in Ontario. I believe they are mostly in the Toronto area. Here in Ottawa the health officials are screaming for more vaccine. There isn't enough to keep up with the demand.

Good point on computer literacy @damo. It would be nice to know if that is the issue or if it is the glitchy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter