"This ain't Disney" my friend said today......

LoveMyLAP-BAND

Banded 2/18/05
Today we went to Sesame Place in Pennsylvania (just about an hour and a half from my house).

My three kids and I met my best friend and her two kids. I bought 4 admission tix and Breakfast with Cookie Monster for a total of $257. After breakfast we saw the "Elmo's World" show. My friend leaned over and said "This ain't Disney". I couldn't agree more.

The characters at Sesame Place just did not act like the characters on TV. (I also noticed that of the characters at The Nick Hotel). You just didn't believe that it was Elmo, Cookie, etc.

But it is different at Disney. It truly is magical. I think there's pixie dust in the water!pixiedust:

We said the same thing after we went last summer. We were just not impressed. We thought the parking prices and food were really high. Higher than Disney charges.

I do know what you mean!

Disney puts so much effort into everything to make your experience as magical as possible, everything just pales in comparision.

aside from that did you like it there? we have season passes to bush gardens and it includes all anhouser busch parks. So I was thinking of taking my kids there. But had heard there are alot of rude people there. So what is you opinion on the guests in the park?
Lori

We went with a 4/5 yo and a 3yo and had a great time. We had no issues with anyone being rude or anything.

We find ourselves saying that at almost every other amusement park we go to - Disney just seems to be, for us anyways, the ultimate in family entertainment. I think we may officially be Disney snobs:snooty: !

We went with our 3YO a few weeks ago and she loved it. No problem with rudeness or anything. We were there on a Monday of a non-holiday weekend, and the crowds were pretty thin. It doesn't compare to Disney, though. We will definitely go again, but we won't have "Disney-style" expectations...

:flower3:

We find ourselves saying that at almost every other amusement park we go to - Disney just seems to be, for us anyways, the ultimate in family entertainment. I think we may officially be Disney snobs:snooty: !

Totally agree here!

We're still planning our first trip to WDW, but we've been to Sesame Place twice. Obviously it's MUCH smaller, but it was a good "starter" park for our young kids. We came across a few rude people, but also lots of nice ones, and my girls were thrilled to meet Elmo and friends.:cloud9: Plus DH got called up on stage to wear a grass skirt and do a hula dance during a show. Those photos are priceless! :rotfl2: The food was super expensive, but because there are no big evening shows, we just left at dinner time and ate offsite. It was really crowded, but the water attractions hold so many people that we still never waited more than 20 minutes for anything. If your kids are Elmo fans, it's definitely worth a visit!:thumbsup2

I think we may officially be Disney snobs:snooty: !

My DH said the same thing when we went to a amusement park near by us. It was a lot of money for very little entertainment and fun. I told my DH that I must be getting old because every ride felt like it was shaking my insides out. My DH's response that he was missing the dark rides. I am really looking to Disney trip.

We have Season passes to Sesame place and DS is 4 and loves it. We only encountered one group of rude people last year when DS was climbing a ball/net thing and a couple of older kids (7/8 yr olds) were pushing the littler kids out of the way. Their parents just stood and watched and did not day two words to their kids until my husband said something to them:sad2:

The staff has always been friendly, if a little young (mostly high school kids). I find it to be clean. Yeah, its not Disney but we always have a good time and don't go there expecting it to be Disney.

The food prices are high (parking is included in the pass) so we usually pack a lunch in a cooler. They have a little picnic area right outside the gates near the preferred parking lot.

I think alot of parks try to duplicate the "disney" feeling but none ever come close. I went to Sesame Place a few years ago and I HATED it.... the place had the strongest smell of chlorine & it was so crowded and unorganized. Characters came out to see the kids and started at one location to end up at another... People were just wondering around not knowing where they were going to stand next. The best part of the sesame place was leaving and going to Red Robin next door for some good burgers!!!

It wasn't Sesame Place, but I know what you mean. We're headed to WDW in Nov. and it's been planned since 10/06 (13 months at the start). So to fill the "void" I thought we'd hit the regional parks. We headed to Silver Dollar City (Branson) in March and I think I ruined it for myself because I kept comparing it to Disney, wishing I was there. I must say that the kids really enjoyed it and it is a very nice park AND I did have some really good food there!! But still, Not Disney.

Last weekend, we headed to Worlds of Fun in KC and again I kept comparing it to Disney. It was fun, but it definitely wasn't Disney. I'd look around in the park and think "It's not Disney"- all the little details that make Disney "magical" were missing. The good news is....we're headed back to WDW in Nov. and it's almost here!!! I can't wait!!! (now we're at 2 months!!!) :banana:

I do know exactly what you mean. We have season tickets to Six Flags over Texas ... the kids and I call it the Unhappy place ... because Disney is our Happy place. We like Six Flags ok I just find myself comparing them to Disney which well they have no hope of winning that one. DD about fell over last time we were there because there is a Disney shop in the middle of the park lmao.

OK - I have something even funnier! My 12 yo daughter begs and pleads with us every time the junky carnival comes to town for us to take her:confused3 The rides look like they are literally 50 years old and the people operating them are nothing like the cast members at Disney! We go to DW every year and you think that alone would satisfy her!

It's so funny to see this thread because we literally live about 5-7 minutes from Sesame Place and have only been there 1 time in the past 5 years. For some reason we have no desire to go there whatsoever. My kids aren't into Elmo anymore so I think it would be a waste of money.

My baby sis is into Elmo as well as Mickey but I gotta say she definitely loves the mouse more than the monster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter