This is Halloween - Manxys trip - completed

manxtatt2

<font color=green>stumbles into room , looks aroun
Day 1 - 17th Oct (not much to report here)

departed isle of man airport at 18.55 pm and arrived liverpool 19.30

checked into express by holiday inn hotel (situated about 5 mins from airport)
Had a nice meal in hotel - Gourmet Burger and fried

Gradually drifted off to sleep sometime around midnight

Day 2 - 18th October
Woke up at 6am, and departed hotel at 7.30

Check in opened at 08.05 , flight departed 15 mins ahead of schedule , arriving in Cdg appox 12.20

Got through security , picked up baggage and RS Transport were in the arrivals area waiting for us

Got to cheyenne just after 1.30pm , check in queques were quite long . Picked breakfast slots of 7.30am each morning

We were in Billy the Kid Block which is situated behind shop/ bar area
Left luggage in room and went to the village for a Mc Donalds as we hadnt eaten since before 7am

The parks are amazing done for Halloween , and wow walking round the corner catching the 1st glimpse of the magical castle - wow

paris09143.jpg

paris09185.jpg

paris09184.jpg

The parks were heaving today - we managed a few goes on It's a small world before heading to see Mickeys Magical Party

We then headed to Billy Bobs for dinner which is a buffet service (will do a seperate review on this later)

After a long day we headed back to the hotel , to relax in the bar with a Glowtini ( 8.50 euros)

Then it was time to hit the sack

Day 3 - Monday 19th October

Had a great nights sleep , and woke up at 6.45am , ready for breakfast at 7.30am

We then headed into the parks for EMH , getting there just after 8am

paris09143.jpg

It was freezingggg today , so much so i had to go and buy gloves. And it aint like me to feel the cold

We went on buzz 3 times followed by the teacups and the hobby horses. Space mountain was closed due to tech probems.

We then decided to park hop and went over to the studios for it opening

paris09222.jpg

We did Behind the studios tram tour , amagique and stitch live

paris09225.jpg

paris09230.jpg

paris09232.jpg

Then we headed to the rainforest cafe for lunch

We choose off the set menu - we both had tree top steak
for dessert i had ice cream sundae and Andy had Lemon Meringue

paris09208.jpg

paris09212.jpg

After lunch we walked round the village and soaked up the atmosphere before heading back to the park

We just dandered round looking at the halloween decoraions and then it was time for the Pre Halloween Parade and once upon a dream parade

paris09065.jpg

paris09070.jpg

paris09084.jpg

It was as magical as ever

After the parade we headed to Potc as this had a 5 min wait time

After a few goes on this we headed back to the hotel .

We got back to the hotel at approx 7pm and walked into our block which smelt of gas. There was a fireman on scene , the block was evacuated and we were told to go into the main hotel

we spoke to the duty manager who advised us that they were unsure if we would be allowed back in or when. They also told us they were fully booked so didnt have any other rooms to let us into

Thankfully after 2 hrs we were allowed back in, the smell had gone , and we went in to collect our meal vouchers for the cheyenne buffet

Amazing buffet as always . After dinner we headed to the bar for a few glowtinis , mmmm

Then it was off to bed as we had booked the Cityrama tour to Paris for tomorrow . (69 Euros if not prebooked)

Hi Manx, looking good so far. How did I miss the gas leak. We were in the block next door to you. Jesse James.

so far so good...pretty dodgy about the gas though!!!:scared1: Was pretty cold huh some days?

ok photo bucket is playing up , so i will just do this without pics and give you the link to all my pics on facebook

Day 4 - Tuesday 20th October

Day Trip to Paris with Cityrama (69 euros if not prebooked before you arrive)

We decided to do the organised tour with Cityrama instead of doing it ourselves

Departed Hotel New York @09.45
There was about 30 on the trip

Headed into Paris , as we arrived into Paris we were provided with a commentary in English in our headphones

We drove around the city taking in Notre dame catherdal , Arc de Triomphe , The Louvre etc.

We then headed towards the tower and had a 10 min photo stop.

After this we headed back to the Louvre and had 1 hr 45 mins free time for lunch /shoping etc

After lunch we had a 1 hr cruise down The Seine .
It was amazing

We got off at the stop near the Eiffel Tower.

Our group had a booking for 4pm to go up to the 2nd level of the tower.
I am afraid of heights and was not looking forward to this lol.

We were up to the 2nd floor by 4.15pm . We had 1 hr 15 mins to spend at the tower.

I was fine after the intitial getting out of the lift .

Managed to walk round it and go in the shops. We then decided to take the steps down, omg never again, i thought i was going to take a panic attack.

Finally at 5.15pm we headed back to the bus in order to head back to Hotel New York .

We had an amazing day , and it was deffo worth every euro.

My camera also decided to pack up during the day , so we had to buy a disposable one. Turned out it was the memory card which we managed to replace the next day.

We didnt arrive back until 8.15pm, and we tried to get dinner at the Parkside diner, but we were advised it was reservation only ? and the next sitting wasnt for over an hr

So we went to the village and had a buffet in Billybobs where we were charged kids prices , not adults lol. I did point it out to him , but he said it was paid for , (who am i am to argue lol ) - not a very nice meal and would not eat here again . (sep review in restaurant section)

It was getting on for 10.45 so we headed back to the Cheyenne for a Glowtini

Day 5 - Wednesday 21st October

Its my birthday , woo hooo :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Today we had a lie in until 8am , as we were totally zonked. We made it to the Park for 09.30am and went to the City Hall to make a reservation for Cafe Mickey for tonight at 7.45pm

I even got a Happy Birthday sticker lol

Next stop Buzz , i soo love this ride, i could spend all day on it

We then headed towards Main street to see Minnies Party Halloween Train , I love this , choo choo pa pa , choooo chooo pa pa

We then spent an hr looking round the shops in Main Street before heading back to the hotel as we decided to go and check out Val de Europe
(5 euros rtn from your hotel) All i can say is wow , its huge

In the main shopping mall , there is a shop selling the most amazing Chhristmas stuff, i spent over an hr alone looking at the stuff

We had a look round the Auchan supermarket , bought a memory card before heading to hippopotamus
for lunch

Very nice in here , we both had Sirloin steak , and a few drinks

Altogether we had spent just under 5 hrs at the Val de europe , time flys when youre having fun

Back to the hotel to get ready for our 7.45pm reservation @ Cafe Mickey

We were seated by 7.55pm, and we both ordered off the set menu (Fantasia Mushrooms , Simbas steak and for dessert the Icecream selection)
We didnt get much character interactuin as we were seated in the Conservatory part , and behind another table

We then left about 10pm and headed back to the hotel for a well deserved Birthday Glowtini

Day 6 - Thursday 22nd October

Another late morning. For some reason i was zonked again. Must be the fresh air

Today we headed for the Studios arriving there about 10.30am

First stop was Tram tours , there was a techinical problem with this today and were only operating one tram

Then it was time to see animagic , i think this is a great wee show.

After this we headed off to the village to get lunch.

Today we decided to have our 1st visit to Annettes. Wow waiters on skates , weeeee

We were seated straight away , there was too many nice things on the menu

We both choose off the annettes fav menu at 17 euros 90

I had a Euro chick buger , and brownie a la mode
Andy had bebop burger and brownie a la mode

The food here was great and i would deffo eat here again.

After luch we decided to go on the balloon . Paid 24 euros for 2 adults and i chickened out before i got to the gate lol

Andy said it was well worth the money. I did however get my money back , i didnt expect to tho

Then it was back to the Hotel for a sleep before heading out for the evening. Should i rename my trippie , manxys sleeps a lot lol

After 3 hrs sleep , we got ready for our 9pm booking at cafe mickey. We were seated upstairs, and had lots of character photos taken

The food tonight was fantasia mushrooms , burger and icrecream
Andy choose off the set menu and had the same as last night

I would not eat the burger here again as it was pink in the middle , and this turns my stomach

We left here just before 11pm and headed back to the hotel for guess what , yes another glowtini , these are mmmmmmm

Day 6 - Friday 23rd Oct - Our last day , awwww

Today was check out day , and we had requested a late check out which was 1pm (foc)

Andy decided to head to the parks while i watched tv until 12

At 12 we checked out and left our luggage and off we went for our last few hours in the parks

First stop was the Motor action stunt show in the studios , i could watch this over and over

then we headed for a spot of lunch in some place in the studios , cant remember the name of it

It was then time for stars n cars , wow this is a great wee show/parade. We had arrived early and got a spot in front of the stage

We then went over to the main parks where we did potc, Its a small world , phantom manor , buzz and the teacups

It was going on for 4pm so we headed for Main street to get a place for the parade. There was a marching band going down main street,this made a change

Then it was time for our last Once upon a dream parade , and back to the hotel to collect the luggage

We had a 7pm booking with RS Transport, and they arrived just before 7pm. Would deffo use them again

Omg we arrived at CDG , and its so confusing , and not a great airport to depart from , but we got there

Arrived back to Liverpool @ 10.30 and checked into the hotel

Day 7 - Back to the Isle of Man

Had breakfast in hotel @9am
Departed hotel @ 10.30
check in opened at 10.55. got checked in and headed through security .

the flight was delayed by 3 hrs , we eventually got home at 4pm
totally zonked

We had a fab time , and hope to return one day soon
and all my baubles got home in one piece lol

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Sounds a great trip Manx. Glad you had such a good time and a happy birthday. Also glad your baubles made it back in one piece. One of Tinkerbells lost a leg.:scared1:

Sounds a great trip Manx. Glad you had such a good time and a happy birthday. Also glad your baubles made it back in one piece. One of Tinkerbells lost a leg.:scared1:

My Mickey and Minnie lost their noses on the way home! :sad2: :lmao: I know I shouldn't laugh, but they look silly...! I managed to save the noses though so I shall be super-gluing them on before Christmas!

Great TR Simon!! :thumbsup2 Really enjoyed reading it!

Bob xoxoxoxox

Great report. :thumbsup2
We then decided to take the steps down, omg never again, i thought i was going to take a panic attack.

The exact same thing happened with my eldest DD. We got so far down the steps then she started panicking, I think the only reason she managed to get down to ground level is because she realised she would have had to go back up if she didn't continue to come down ~ and down was the lesser of the two evils!! :eek:

Great trip report - are your baubles on your tree already then :rotfl:??

great trip report really enjoyed reading it. Sounds like you had a lovely time - it must be great celebrating your birthday in such a magical place.
:banana::banana::banana:

Thanks for a great report. I like the sound of the shop at Val d'Europe with all the Christmas decorations - I might have to visit it when we go. Was it in the main shopping mall?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter