This is just so sad,,and makes me ask WHY would someone do this?? I don't call it 'playing'??

Maybe no reputable lawyer would take their case. They all said, "I feel for you. Sorry for your devastating loss. But there's no case here." Meanwhile, these lawyers pushed how it was RCI's fault, not the grandfather's. And in their grief, they clung to that.

Good point.

I don't have any insight into possible reasons either.
Sad.

Agree. Very sad.

He might have been the friend or a BIL of someone they knew.

He might've called them when they were still in a vulnerable state.

I'm not sure he's two-bit as it seems like he has a lot of maritime law experience. I imagine his reputation will suffer as a result of this, though, and maybe his firm, etc.

I so respect RCCL for the way they handled this whole thing. I hope they continue down the same road, and that their business might actually increase because of it, even if it's taken a hit by people who were unsure more recently.

You are correct. It seems the law firm he is at receives very high accolades. I bet he is good. Obviously, he has to be, or that family would not have kept him on.

But every time I see him, I cringe. He is working the best interest of his clients, whom I don't agree with, so no doubt I have to take that into account. But I am sure he put the whole "Childs play area" out there and it bugs me to no end.

Reminds me of how I don't like Jose Baez. Do anything to win your case. YUCK! People can't stand you, but you do your job well. (even though it is dirty)

He might have been the friend or a BIL of someone they knew.

He might've called them when they were still in a vulnerable state.

I'm not sure he's two-bit as it seems like he has a lot of maritime law experience. I imagine his reputation will suffer as a result of this, though, and maybe his firm, etc.

I so respect RCCL for the way they handled this whole thing. I hope they continue down the same road, and that their business might actually increase because of it, even if it's taken a hit by people who were unsure more recently.

These type of suits are what he is known for. I had heard of him before this case.

He was the lawyer in this case https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-royal-caribbean-man-overboard-more-20151109-story.html I'm not sure if this case ever went to trial.

Okay. I haven't been following this closely, and I actually did wonder if the Cruise Line might hold some kind of liability.
But, that video... Whoa.... OMG....
Now I am seeing the current comments here, about the parents being familiar with legalities, and that they chose this lawyer.
I am going to go out on a limb here and play devil's advocate and wonder if the absolute worst might be true.
(Yes I know that excited, distracted, overwhelmed, people do STOOPID things while on vacation....)
Could this whole thing have been something pre-conceived?
And, How could they NOT have known that there would be surveillance video EVERYWHERE.
This situation continues to confuse and disturb me.
And, how very very very sad.

I think that there might be good reason that there continue to be charges pending here.

Okay. I haven't been following this closely, and I actually did wonder if the Cruise Line might hold some kind of liability.
Now I am seeing the current comments here, about the parents being familiar with legalities, and that they chose this lawyer.
I am going to go out on a limb here and play devil's advocate and wonder if the absolute worst might be true.
(Yes I know that excited, distracted, overwhelmed, people do STOOPID things while on vacation....)
And, How could they NOT have known that there would be surveillance video EVERYWHERE.

I think that there might be good reason that there continue to be charges pending here.
Are you saying the family planned on tossing their toddler off of the ship in order to sue?

I just cannot see that. To get at least three adults in cahoots for one to carry this out in a public space. I mean, stranger things have happened, but I just don't buy it. To have both the mom and dad who live a comfortable and nice life to decide to kill their child at that young of an age seems like a stretch.

And with their background they would know surveillance is everywhere. That is what makes the pre-conceived notion so off the wall to me.

I really think it was a horrific accident, made by a man who chose to do a idiotic act. I don't think he had bad intentions, but his actions were reckless and mindless. He held that baby out the window for 34 seconds! PR authorities have the video, they have to press charges as he caused the death. The fact they gave him a plea deal is kind imho.

I have never once, ever... promoted any conspiracy theories.
Just sayin'
But, hey...
Have at it!!!! Just too funny!
Nice to see you guys are still so predictable at doing what you do.
Kudos!

And, let's see what you can do with using semantics to keep it going here!
Should be almost to that next phase in the mode of operation.
That should be interesting!
Nice way to take a thread completely off topic, in order to pull of the agenda.

Last edited:
I have never once, ever... put out any conspiracy theory.
Just sayin'
But, hey...
Kudos!

From Merriam-Webster:
Definition of conspiracy theory

: a theory that explains an event or set of circumstances as the result of a secret plot by usually powerful conspirators

In this case, the powerful conspirators would be the adults that you accused of doing this for the money.

What agenda do those of us who spoke out about your horrendous accusation have?

I have never once, ever... put out any conspiracy theory.
Just sayin'
But, hey...
Kudos!

OK-I’m going to try here. You essentially posted floating the idea that the family may have done this on purpose. That is a wild and irresponsible accusation, and a reprehensible statement. “Fan Club” or not, I think most people would call you out on the statement.

No semantics needed.

Exactly. The intent was clear. Misguided, but clear. And, now that whoever this poster is, is being called out and immediately swats back by trying to deny the obvious. Interesting. This seems to be the world we live in. Do something in front of everyone. When there's backlash, deny that you've done it. Hope that your loud denial "convinces" the gullible.

Just sayin'
But, hey...
Kudos!

If you're not suggesting that the family colluded together to intentionally drop Chloe, then what did you mean?

Then explain this
Making it a question doesn't change the intent.

I hope the morning news shows which prominently featured the grandfather making his claims he didn't know the window was open will do an update on the case.

The article Pea-n-me linked to said:

"A federal judge is yet to rule on Royal Caribbean's motion to dismiss but a status conference is scheduled for March."​

So the family has until then to respond, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter