"This is the Best Trip Ever!" An August PTR with lots of Pics! NEW 8/14

So what does one do when in this stressful mode? Think about nothing but happy little Disney thoughts.

Thanks for listening! I'll be back here on Friday reporting how well (or not well) calling Disney and paying off the trip goes! :goodvibes Send happy thoughts!

Sending good thoughts for an easy fix
and no troubles paying off your trip.

pooh: :tigger: :eeyore:

OH MY GOODNESS, what a mess!!!

Good luck with the contacts! I recently started wearing contacts too. Man.....that first hour of trying to get them in, and getting them to STAY in....is so stressfull.....

The best way is to look straight ahead at the contact, so you don't slip it in a corner and have it get lost there....which REALLY SUCKS if you're not used to touching your eyeball. This way is the harder way though. I hear that if you look up to put it in, it works well too.

Good luck with the contacts! I recently started wearing contacts too. Man.....that first hour of trying to get them in, and getting them to STAY in....is so stressfull.....

The best way is to look straight ahead at the contact, so you don't slip it in a corner and have it get lost there....which REALLY SUCKS if you're not used to touching your eyeball. This way is the harder way though. I hear that if you look up to put it in, it works well too.

AHHHHHHHH 2 WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wearing them for a little more than 2 years now. The beginning is such a pain, but once your eyes are used to you touching them, it gets really easy.

Haha, we tell our sister (the middle child) that she was found in a dumpster too! :rotfl: Our families are great, aren't they? We say that cause she looks nothing like my brother and I. You could never tell we were sisters

Yes, I'll have to keep an eye out for them! Yes, take your time, and we'll try to show up earlier too! It'd be great to bump into you guys :goodvibes

Its Boma, i will definitely take my time!! :rotfl:

Less than three weeks to go!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
When do you usually start packing? I'm so tempted to start now, but I'll try to control myself :rotfl:

2 weeks now!! We pulled the suitcase out after we made the shirts about a month ago :rotfl: and put the shirts in there. As we pick things up (like new bathing suits and such) we put them in there so they don't get lost with our other clothes! We just couldn't wait!! :rotfl:

Sending good thoughts for an easy fix
and no troubles paying off your trip.

pooh: :tigger: :eeyore:

Thanks MeMom, everything went well!

That does sound like a stressful day off! :headache: But those are really cute envelopes! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! But luckily everything worked out!

I remember reading about you wanting contacts, but great! Now you made me more nervous...they can get LOST in your EYE?? :scared1:

:rotfl:

AHHHHHHHH 2 WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been wearing them for a little more than 2 years now. The beginning is such a pain, but once your eyes are used to you touching them, it gets really easy.

Yes!! :banana::banana::banana:

:banana::banana: :cloud9::cloud9::yay::yay:2 Week Celebration!:cutie::cutie::cool1::banana::banana:

Spoke to Disney this morning and everything went really well!! He was a really nice guy, and we got to talking about David celebrating his graduation, and going on to Culinary school. The CM had gone to Culinary school too! So at the end of the call he said "I threw something in there as a surprise to David for all of his accomplishments" Yipee!! I wonder what it is?

But we are all paid off and set to go for sure! I requested 2 things "Balcony" (secretly i'm hoping for a third floor room, but some of the second floor rooms don't have balconies and this is priority for me) and "Tokelau" which I agonized over requesting. I wasn't going to request a particular longhouse, but after researching and researching....and researching, I figured I might as well: If they can accommodate us hopefully they will. If not, we're in the Polynesian!! Who cares, right?? :wizard: But take a look at where Tokelau is on the map, not to mention its one of the newer Poly buildings, and all floors have balconies!

Borrowed from tikimanpages.com
poly_map_tokelau.jpg

Another bonus is the garden views. Since we have a garden view books, I'd rather be inside the resort than on the perimeter facing the parking lot! So we'll see what happens at check in!! I know i'll just be in a daze anyway :rotfl: Cross your fingers for a magical :wizard: welcome! (And I better get a Lei! :rotfl:)

So right now, we're floating on :cloud9: We're paid off, all set, just counting down the days!

Oh, no! Sorry to hear about your contact fiasco. The insurance thing would've set me off, too. Good luck!! Btw, I love the part where Monica holds Rachel down on the ground and tries to squeeze the drops into her eye w/ her mouth. Hilarious! I miss Friends.

Did you get the debit card mess straightened out? I hope its okay. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I was just looking at the Tiki Man's site (love!!!). I'm planning on call in to request Tokelau, too. It seems like a great location! Plus, if you're towards the end of the building you can supposedly get an MK view. I'm totally with you though, even if the request isn't granted you're still at the Poly so you can't go wrong!

Don't you love D-Cot? I love they have the ride audio for GMR, ToT and TTA.

David and I are 6 years apart, so I think that could be why we're so close. It wasn't always that way, I used to torment him by telling him things like he was the afterthought, and our parents found him in a dumpster and felt bad so we kept him :rotfl:

HA! My sister used to torment me, too. She convinced me I was adopted and that all cows were pigs and pigs were cows. :lmao:

Yay for 2 weeks!!! :yay:
When we stayed at the Poly, we had a garden view room in Tahiti. No parking lot view :thumbsup2 Tahiti also is one of the newer longhouses and has balconies on the second and third floors. If you don't get Tokelau, I would try for Tahiti.

what a stressful day! The insurance thing would have really made me upset and I've had that happen with a debit card twice now just before a vacation and it is hugely stressful!!

Have you seen any kind of entertainment schedule for WWOHP?

Yay for 2 weeks!! Hope you get your request. And your lei when you get there. :laughing: I know we got them a couple of times but when we've gone to visit I got jealous of seeing people walking around with their leis. Ahhh you are going to love the Poly!

I remember reading about you wanting contacts, but great! Now you made me more nervous...they can get LOST in your EYE?? :scared1:

Technically, they can never REALLY get LOST in your eye. Think of your eye as a ball in a sleeve. It'll never go behind your eyeball.

BUT, it can easily get lost under your eyelids.....between your eyeball and eyelid and it's gets very uncomfy and you have to coax it out.....LOTS of touching your eye..... I wonder if I ever talked about my TS3 fiasco on my PTR....

Don't worry though, that doesn't happen very often.

Hi! I'm subbing!!!!! I've always wanted to stay at the poly!!!!! Come check out my ptr! The links in my siggie! Btw--2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically, they can never REALLY get LOST in your eye. Think of your eye as a ball in a sleeve. It'll never go behind your eyeball.

BUT, it can easily get lost under your eyelids.....between your eyeball and eyelid and it's gets very uncomfy and you have to coax it out.....LOTS of touching your eye..... I wonder if I ever talked about my TS3 fiasco on my PTR....

I've heard stories of that happening to people, but I've never had it happen to me lol. As long as your careful, though, it should be fine.

Love the profile pic David! :thumbsup2

Thanks for mentioning D-Cot. I hadn't heard of it and checked out the site right away. Great music for a Saturday morning :banana:

I've heard stories of that happening to people, but I've never had it happen to me lol. As long as your careful, though, it should be fine.

I had contacts on to watch TS3 in 3D. But rubbed a little too hard right before it started, and it got lost....couldn't fish it out so i just took out the other contact and watched with one contact still in there.....very uncomfortable.

lesson learned: don't leave contacts in solution for more than a week, unused :sad2:

Oh, no! Sorry to hear about your contact fiasco. The insurance thing would've set me off, too. Good luck!! Btw, I love the part where Monica holds Rachel down on the ground and tries to squeeze the drops into her eye w/ her mouth. Hilarious! I miss Friends.

Did you get the debit card mess straightened out? I hope its okay. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I was just looking at the Tiki Man's site (love!!!). I'm planning on call in to request Tokelau, too. It seems like a great location! Plus, if you're towards the end of the building you can supposedly get an MK view. I'm totally with you though, even if the request isn't granted you're still at the Poly so you can't go wrong!

Don't you love D-Cot? I love they have the ride audio for GMR, ToT and TTA.

HA! My sister used to torment me, too. She convinced me I was adopted and that all cows were pigs and pigs were cows. :lmao:

I love Tikimans site! I find myself on there at least once a day waiting for the time to pass by!! The debit card situation is worked out and everything is going smoothly (KNOCK ON WOOD!) I love that part in Friends too! :rotfl:

Yay for 2 weeks!!! :yay:
When we stayed at the Poly, we had a garden view room in Tahiti. No parking lot view :thumbsup2 Tahiti also is one of the newer longhouses and has balconies on the second and third floors. If you don't get Tokelau, I would try for Tahiti.

Tahiti is on our "good" list lol! Thats gotta be the first thing I ask for at check in…WHERE IS OUR LONGHOUSE??

Saying hello and subbing!!

I'll come back during lunch to catch up!

Welcome!! Thanks for joining :)

what a stressful day! The insurance thing would have really made me upset and I've had that happen with a debit card twice now just before a vacation and it is hugely stressful!!

Have you seen any kind of entertainment schedule for WWOHP?

Luckily everything worked out! I haven't seen any kind of entertainment schedule, which is unfortunate because I'd love to catch the frog choir and such.

Yay for 2 weeks!! Hope you get your request. And your lei when you get there. :laughing: I know we got them a couple of times but when we've gone to visit I got jealous of seeing people walking around with their leis. Ahhh you are going to love the Poly!

SO EXCITED how close we are!!! I WANT A LEI SO BAD!! :rotfl:

LOL!! :scared1: I've been pretty good with them -- better than I expected! I'm on the trial pair right now, and my eyes get very itchy, but i've heard this is normal at first and the drops fix that. I'll just be walking around WDW constantly putting drops in my eye! :rotfl:

Love the profile pic David! :thumbsup2

Thanks for mentioning D-Cot. I hadn't heard of it and checked out the site right away. Great music for a Saturday morning :banana:

Thats his Facebook profile pic too! D-Cot is awesome as well as a youtuber by the name of "prspeppers" look him up on youtube, its worth it!

I had contacts on to watch TS3 in 3D. But rubbed a little too hard right before it started, and it got lost....couldn't fish it out so i just took out the other contact and watched with one contact still in there.....very uncomfortable.

lesson learned: don't leave contacts in solution for more than a week, unused :sad2:

I'll keep that in mind, yikes!! I had it fall out of my eye the first day, but I can't imagine that happening…I don't want to think about it! :laughing:

For eyedrops, I highly recommend Blink. You'll only need to use them like...every 3-4 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter