this is where we ate

MickiMouth

DIS Veteran
We got back earlier today from another great trip. I'm not big on writing reviews but I'd be happy to answer any questions. We were on the dining plan and loved it. It was very easy to use and we would definitely purchase the dining plan for our next trip. There are 4 of us- me, DH, DD16 DD6.

Fri. House of Blues- oop, the food was great, service alittle slow
Sat. Chef Mickeys, food was good, service was good, character interaction was awesome.
Sun. MaMa Melrose- food not good, service slow. Wouldn't go back.
Mon. 'Ohana- food and sevice great.
Tues. Wolfgang Pucks- food and service both very good
Wed. LeCellier. food and service good, not great
Thrus. Earle of Sandwich, food was good.
Fri. Cinderellas Royal Table- awesome
Hoop Dee Doo- GREAT, everyone loved the food and the show was a riot. We loved it.

We also ate at:
Pecos Bills- very good
Pizzafari- surprisingly good
CBR food court- good

we had 7 snacks and 6 counter service left after breakfast this morning. I brought home 7 rice crispie treats and 6 sandwiches with chips and cookies from Earle of Sandwich. We ate the sandwiches for dinner tonight.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Could you tell me more about your meal at LeCellier? What did you have and was it just "good"?

another south jerseyian here...it appears we dined together a couple of times!

we ate at Mama Melroses the same night and were underwhelmed as well. We ate at Le Cellier on Wed. and enjoyed our meal. Nothing special, but good.

Glad you had a good trip!

At LeCellier I had the shrimp appetizer and it was mushy. I had the filet ordered well done and it was very red. I had the creme brulee sampler, vanilla & maple, they were good. Ice tea to drink.
DH had, the kabob it was good. He had the filet ordered well done which it was and he had the choc. cake also good. Beer oop.
DD16 had the mussels, they were good, the filet med. rare, it was good and the smores for dessert, it was ok. shake then ice tea.
DD6 had the cheese soup, very good, the kids steak cooked well and the choc. moose. shake to drink.
Like I said the food was good just nothing special. On the free dining it was fine but if I had to pay $199.50 not counting the oop portion I would have been disappointed. The service was ok. The waitress didn't charge DH for his coffee because it took so long to come. We didn't mention the time she did so that was nice. She did however charge us for DD's shake. It was on the bill with the beer and DH's aspargus. She told us it was on the dining plan thats why DD ordered it. DD didn't like it so the waitress took it away and brought her the ice tea. Maybe that's why. No biggie.
I wouldn't discourage anyone from going to LeCellier but I think we'll try something different next time.

pixiechick said:
another south jerseyian here...it appears we dined together a couple of times!

we ate at Mama Melroses the same night and were underwhelmed as well. We ate at Le Cellier on Wed. and enjoyed our meal. Nothing special, but good.

Glad you had a good trip!

MaMa Melrose was not that good at all, although my cheesecake dessert was delish.

MickiMouth said:
we had 7 snacks and 6 counter service left after breakfast this morning. I brought home 7 rice crispie treats and 6 sandwiches with chips and cookies from Earle of Sandwich. We ate the sandwiches for dinner tonight.
Did you drive? If not how did you bring food on the plane? we usually get CS to eat at the airport but I don't know if we will be allowed this time.

We had room in our checked luggage. The food held up fine. The cashier at Earle checked to see how many CS we had left then she had any sauces put in cups instead of on the sandwiches. I told her we were bringing them home. She also offered us the chips since we didn't need drinks. She was very nice.

I would like to hear about CRT. I've read so many bad reviews that it would be nice to hear about your "excellent" meal there...will be eating dinner at CRT for the first time next month.

We really enjoyed CRT. We went for breakfast. We were seated with no wait, our ADR was for 8:25. DD was given a magic wand and wishing star. It was thrilling to eat in the castle. We were not next to a window and didn't care. First our server brought out a basket with different breakfast type breads and a bowl of fruit, both were good. He also brought us coffee and orange juice. Then he brought our plated meal. We all had the vacation breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, stuffed french toast, and potatoes. We enjoyed it all. The princesses were all nice. We had Mary Poppins, the Fairy Godmother, Snow White and Belle (blue dress) and of course Cinderella. They did a cute thing with all the kids closing there eyes and making a wish. When their eye's opened the room was kind of twinkling. It was very nice. We also liked the photo pkg. we were given.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter