Thnx Renysmom - my Bawb memorial DIS Unplugged shirts Photo is back

I'm not trying to be a downer here, because I truly do love this memorial to our beloved Bawb...but you are using a licensed character along with the DIS Unplugged logo. I wouldn't want anyone from Disney noticing a bunch of these shirts in the park and thinking the DIS is infringing on their trademark as I've heard they're not very forgiving when that happens.

Maybe just to be safe, the DIS Unplugged logo should be removed...just a thought. Perhaps someone that has a better understanding of the legalities involved can give more insight.

I'm not trying to be a downer here, because I truly do love this memorial to our beloved Bawb...but you are using a licensed character along with the DIS Unplugged logo. I wouldn't want anyone from Disney noticing a bunch of these shirts in the park and thinking the DIS is infringing on their trademark as I've heard they're not very forgiving when that happens.

Maybe just to be safe, the DIS Unplugged logo should be removed...just a thought. Perhaps someone that has a better understanding of the legalities involved can give more insight.

Good call - I am sure someone will be able to help :)

I have to agree after thinking about this today.. The logo is is something I made very quickly for those of us here to post on our messages to show the Podcast team and Bob's family how many people are here, supporting them, loving them and praying for them while at the same time really missing Bob. I dont think Disney would have a problem they way we are using it here but I dont think it would be a good thing for everyone to start posting it on their shirts, etc.

I think if you wish to add something to your shirts, etc. Maybe the podcast crew can give permission to use the Kahrt Kam Angel that has been showing up. I think that would look awesome on a sleeve.

Maybe they will even put them premade in the store with the proceeds going to Make A Wish or another childrens Disney charity in Bob's name... That though is up to Pete and Kevin.

Kelly

Hey Gang

First let me say that Bob would be thrilled that you are all working so hard to get his name on t-shirts :rotfl:

Here's our dilemma - Mickey is a copyrighted and licensed Disney character. We would not be able to sell a shirt (even at an 'at cost' or not for profit price that the DIS Unplugged shirts are priced at now) with any Disney character on it.

This is one reason why we have asked Will and Corey to come up with some logos honoring Bob that would be for our use and not include Disney characters or branding.

That being said we have no control over what someone would do to their personal shirts after they are purchased. They become the property of the purchaser and you can do whatever you want to them.

We see folks all the time with Disney characters on clothing or used in such a way that you can tell is not obviously officially approved by Disney.

I would think this falls into that category.

If someone ever asked you (which I could not ever imagine happening) you would have to tell them that the logo was added after you purchased it. Also, you could not sell the shirt or anything you made with the logo - which I doubt anyone might.

I will double check with Disney on it but I don't think there is anything wrong with you using the logo on any piece of clothing you have already purchased, as long as it is not resold.

John

Ok I was not thinking here - the last thing I want is for anyone to get into trouble. Completely forgot about copyright issues - thanks everyone.
:blush:

Ok I was not thinking here - the last thing I want is for anyone to get into trouble. Completely forgot about copyright issues - thanks everyone.
:blush:

I agree with John, however....You're probably the only one at this point to have actually completed the project. I think you should go ahead and honor Bawb and wear them proudly. Again....great job on the shirts.

Thanks John..

Anxiously waiting to hear back as I am going to WDW later this month and would love to sport mine..

I think having the Kaht Kam graphic on the T-shirts would be a great idea. I hope you guys offer them before June 1 so I can order one and get it before my trip on June 15th

OK - based on feedback I have recieved (unofficially) I believe the shirts are your property after you purchase and pay for them and they are yours to do with what you wish to personalize them.

Just as long as you do not try to resell them I think we are OK as far as copyright's go. Go ahead and modify them however you like.

Please feel free to add your tribute to Bob to your DIS Unplugged shirt - or any shirt you own.

To quote Bob....They Can't Hit Ya............

John

PS aGoofyMom - Please report the picture of the shirt you made again - I didn't get a chance to see it and would love to.

OK - based on feedback I have recieved (unofficially) I believe the shirts are your property after you purchase and pay for them and they are yours to do with what you wish to personalize them.

Just as long as you do not try to resell them I think we are OK as far as copyright's go. Go ahead and modify them however you like.

Please feel free to add your tribute to Bob to your DIS Unplugged shirt - or any shirt you own.

John

PS aGoofyMom - Please report the picture of the shirt you made again - I didn't get a chance to see it and would love to.

John,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

aGoofyMom put the sad Mickey graphic on the sleeves of her DISunplugged shirt. It was simple and a perfect tribute.

John

Thanks John! I am sooo gonna put one on my Unplugged shirt for my trip in 2 weeks, I got an email it was shipped today :thumbsup2

side note:
I did make shirts before for myself and my daughter to wear together, Mickey was on them, see them here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=968152
and I only got compliments, never a question or bad look from anyone at WDW. You can tell they are home made, but still. The one with Jack Sparrow was a hit and I keep getting people wanting the graphics... seems its all ok like you said.

Thanks John! I am sooo gonna put one on my Unplugged shirt for my trip in 2 weeks, I got an email it was shipped today :thumbsup2

side note:
I did make shirts before for myself and my daughter to wear together, Mickey was on them, see them here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=968152
and I only got compliments, never a question or bad look from anyone at WDW. You can tell they are home made, but still. The one with Jack Sparrow was a hit and I keep getting people wanting the graphics... seems its all ok like you said.

WOW Missy! If I learn to do that (is it hard? I am so craft-challenged!) I will never have to buy another t-shirt! :lmao:

Yea!!! Let the iron-ons begin. :goodvibes I'm sorry if I got everyone worried over nothing...I honestly had good intentions (so please forgive me).

Just don't forget to print the image reversed so the lettering is readable when you iron it on.

Some printers have the option for iron-ons that mirrors the image for you when it prints.

Actually, some of them you aren't supposed to do this. Just follow the instructions on the package. :) For those that are interested in more info on how to do the iron-ons or see how talented many of our DISers are, check out the DISigns board.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105:thumbsup2

I want a DIS Unplugged shirt with the kaht kam memorial pic and "they can't hit ya" on it.

Just the regular Unplugged shirt, but on the back, at the top across the shoulders "They can't hit ya!" in that great font they used for Bawb's name and below it a small kaht kam logo. Just about 3.5" or so.

Actually, some of them you aren't supposed to do this. Just follow the instructions on the package. :) For those that are interested in more info on how to do the iron-ons or see how talented many of our DISers are, check out the DISigns board.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105:thumbsup2

I want a DIS Unplugged shirt with the kaht kam memorial pic and "they can't hit ya" on it.

Just the regular Unplugged shirt, but on the back, at the top across the shoulders "They can't hit ya!" in that great font they used for Bawb's name and below it a small kaht kam logo. Just about 3.5" or so.

Thanks for mentioning that, I thought of it too. On the paper I use, I do NOT have to do anything backwards :thumbsup2 I buy it off a lady on ebay... she sells to many design people on the DIS, it is commercial transfer paper, nice and thick and no backwards! If anyone needs the seller name, PM me.

Yea!!! Let the iron-ons begin. :goodvibes I'm sorry if I got everyone worried over nothing...I honestly had good intentions (so please forgive me).

No need to forgive, you were looking out for us and thats what we do here :goodvibes No one wants to get arrested by Disney at WDW LOL! Although wouldn't that give Bob something to talk to Walt about up there ;) Can you hear him now... Hey Walt, that happened because of ME, yes ME :goodvibes :goodvibes

walmart has Iron-ons for like 4 bucks but there is only three or four pages?

they do, I think they are Avery brand, they are ok but do not compare to the commercial ones. These wash and wear longer IMO, and for a tee like the DIS UNPLUGGED, I would only want to use the best ;) These are $15-20 including S&H for 10 sheets of 8 1/2 x 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter