Thought I was doing okay

TashaRVT

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming... what do
Just a little bit of necessary background to this story: we lost our 17yo German Shepherd Merina on August 29th of this year. My whole family (DH, DS9 and DD12) was devastated, but things seem to be getting a bit easier for everyone.

This am, DS9 says to me (out of nowhere), "can we touch spirits?". My reply, "no, honey, we can't - they live in a different part of life than we do. Why?"

"Cause I just wanted to touch Merina's fur one more time."

OH. MY. GOD. Felt like somebody just reached inside my chest and RIPPED my heart right out.

I am so sorry. :hug: It is so unbelievably painful when we lose our furbabies.

I believe we can. In different ways. I've had so many things happen over the years that I believe even animal spirits stay with us.

My own DS had a dream recently. It was so detailed and affected him so much, I think it had to somehow be more than a dream. But in it were the spirits of two family members who have passed and three of our German Shepherd Dogs. The message was simple: "We're here with you".

Please share this with your son for me. :hug:

PS animals and kids can be more in tune to spirits because their energy level is more similar to spirits than that of adults. Adult energy levels are more similar to spirit energy levels when they're sleeping, which is why dreams can be a way of connection. Always pay close attention to your dreams.

I'm so sorry. I cried just reading the thread.It's always hard when we lose a pet because they become a member of our family, but trust me Merina will be with you forever:hug:

Just re-read this thread today; out of nowhere, while I was driving, I started to miss her. I mean, REALLY miss her; it was like a deep ache that I just couldn't get rid of :confused3:confused3

Thank you everyone for your kind words - first Christmas in 15 yrs without her came and went, and was a hard one - we still put her stocking up.

Just re-read this thread today; out of nowhere, while I was driving, I started to miss her. I mean, REALLY miss her; it was like a deep ache that I just couldn't get rid of :confused3:confused3

Thank you everyone for your kind words - first Christmas in 15 yrs without her came and went, and was a hard one - we still put her stocking up.

I am sorry about your furbaby:hug:

We lost our dog just on 12 months ago and I still miss her everyday, the house just seems empty without her.

Sometimes we underestimate the grief that we feel when we lose a pet, I still find myself in tears some days.

Sending you a great big:grouphug:

Quasar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter