• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts about BCV's Marketplace....?

igitur

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give me their impressions of the Marketplace at BCV?

We'll be there in a few weeks and we haven't seen it since it has reopened as the Marketplace and I'm wondering how it compares to the store that used to be there....what's available as far as groceries, sandwiches, prices, etc.

Thanks for anything you can tell me!

Deb

The 'grocery' section seems a little smaller than at OKW, but has the essentials. I don't really use that part of it. Yes, they have mugs and beverages.

Then there is a gelato case - haven't had any, but seems to appeal to lots of people!!

I hang out at the dessert case....mmmmmm.... key lime pie, chocolate mousse tarts, etc etc etc.

Then there is a sandwich section - some are premade, but they will make them fresh if you ask. They will also make a salad as per your preferences.

I believe that they also have soup.

They also have an espresso machine for espresso drinks.

And nine times out of ten, they take the DDE! hope that helps!!!!!

We thought it was a very nice change. The grocery part isn't changed that much that i noticed as far as availablility. The space for the food was mostly taken from the clothing/souvenir.

Here is a link to the menu http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_bcmp.htm

They also added a self serv drink station, including re-fill mugs.

Didn't get a chance to try the gelato but it looked good, as did all the food.

I wasn't sweet (as it may sound) and they top it with lots of strawberries, blueberries & raspberries! I had it twice for breakfast.

It's very crowded in there in the morning but we usually got a table outside to sit and eat. We could have gone back to our studio, but we love to people watch, so we opted to stay there.

The hot, made-to-order sanwiches were pretty good, too. A bit like Earl of Sandwich.

wow, thanks everyone for the info! Thanks DaveT1 for the photos and menu too! I called my mom and read her the deli menu...it sounds perfect for just grabbing something if you just want to hang around the resort!

Deb

I think the Marketplace was a great addition to the BCV. The mugs are refillable mugs. There were always seats available when I was there, except that if you're around the last week of November, there'll be one less available seat. I'm a major gelato fan (especially the pistachio) and plan to spend lots of time eating gelato there. And in the pastry section there's this great coconut bar with nuts and chocolate chips.

igitur said:
wow, thanks everyone for the info! Thanks DaveT1 for the photos and menu too! I called my mom and read her the deli menu...it sounds perfect for just grabbing something if you just want to hang around the resort!

Deb
You're welcome, glad it helped. Be sure to come back and tell us what you thought, and a trip report if you can! 40 days for me. :wave2:

We came back about a month ago and the gelato was DELICIOUS. My favorites were the mango and pistachio. Mmmmm...

Definitely worth trying...

I loved the Marketplace! Now, if they could just do the same thing at BWV I would be thrilled!!

I have to agree, we just got back Tuesday. This is a good use of space! Now if they'd only use some space and make Beaches and Cream bigger, life would be good. That's another thread, isn't it!!?? :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter