Thoughts From July 13-19 Trip

We were there the 14th to the 18th, so the same time that you were.

Thanks so much for sharing your trip details ktlm. I appreciate your fulsome descriptions on all topics. And I must say, I am appalled by what happened to you at DLH. Yes it sounds to me like they forgot all about you and put you in some horrible leftover room. At the cost/night, it is just unbelievable they would do that. I am really rethinking staying onsite (your story is one more nail in the coffin) when we go again. Just not worth the dough now that MP can get so much done, and you can still get one MM w a 3 day park hopper. Glad your meals were all good. I should have ordered what you had! And thinking back on last Wed, we did get to Dland at rope drop and then took a very long midday break (left at noon) and reentered DCA about 6pm so maybe we just missed the worst of the crush. We closed down DCA at 10pm and then hopped back to Dland to close it down at 12pm. Went on PP as our last ride that night and it was such a beautiful way to say goodbye our favorite place.

I also suspect they usually keep some less desirable rooms available to give out in last-minute situations like this. On my last trip, I had requested fantasy tower but they had put us in frontier I think, when I reached checkin. I asked to be moved to fantasy and they didn't think so, but eventually found me a room, but it was at the end of the hall near the stairs and seemed slightly smaller than similar rooms, had somewhat of a view of the closed pool and convention area. Worked out good enough for what we wanted though.

No way to predict, sometimes you are pleasantly surprised with a nice upgrade without trying.

When Monorail is running, it is important to note how many trains are in operation. When they are running all three, it is pretty efficient usually. We used these in June back and forth to DCA and GCH and it worked really well overall. Sometimes it is running but they are only operating one or two trains. Then efficiency goes way down.

:wizard:

How can you tell how many trains are in operation? Is it listed on the app?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter