Thoughts on IOA

A camp Jusassic squirt-off would require 8 people. i will take the lower "dino head" water canon area if we are choosing weapons:smooth:

Originally posted by Molokai Gram
Unless you have the videos or shop at the Disney store, all the princesses, Toy Story, 100 Dalmations, and even the Mouse and gang are not currently well known UNLESS the parent keeps pushing the characters or buys products with the character on it. (My grandchildren who were born after Beauty and the Beast, were terrified by the Beast and had no idea who he was. ) Most little kids know Barney from the TV show (and he is at US) and Seuss from the books, but the mouse is not really part of their life, unless the adult makes it so.

What you are saying is true except that it is also true in reverse - if you push Suess or Barney on a child, then they know *those* characters. My son has always loved books and does know many Suess characters but we also have Disney books so he knows those characters, too. I am a strong opponent to allowing the TV to babysit my child so he was not familiar with Barney until someone gave him a Barney toothbrush!

I agree Mickeyfanz. As a teacher I see many of the children that I teach, 2nd grade, who are not familiar with Dr. Suess characters because they are not being read to at home.

I think that children will be familiar with the characters that their parents expose them to.

My daughter who is 2 knows who Barney, teletubbies and clifford is, not because she's camped out in front of the television, but from seeing them in a moderate amount on TV, and from the Board books that she has.

Too be perfectly honest, she does not know any Suess characters and has only just know figured out who Mickey Mouse is because I planning this trip and see's him in my guide books, on my computer, etc..

So, in short I think kids are only familiar with characters that their parents may expose them to. Not only Disney, but Suess, Barney, etc..

zippehsmom:)

A camp Jusassic squirt-off would require 8 people. i will take the lower "dino head" water canon area if we are choosing weapons

Who says you get to pick first??? :mad:

Fine then...I'll be on top - naturally, I need a good vantage point!:D

LOL

Hey, can we steal one of those signs that says, "closed for private function"??? That would be BIG fun! :D :D :D

Karen

Originally posted by MsDisney

Who says you get to pick first??? :mad:

Fine then...I'll be on top - naturally, I need a good vantage point!:D

LOL

Hey, can we steal one of those signs that says, "closed for private function"??? That would be BIG fun! :D :D :D

Karen

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, SHORT PEOPLE ALWAYS HAVE THIS ON TOP FANTASY THING GOING ON.

i do like to sign idea. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter