Thoughts or experiences of HHI for New Years Eve

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I always pop on the RAT to check what 7 month availability looks like. I happen to see a 2BR at HHI available and It got me thinking that it might be a fairly cheap trip (cheap points and driving from MA vs flying) for Christmas vacation. We would actually look stay right after Christmas through NYE.

Any one ever go down there at this time?
Are there any good activities to do when the weather is chilly?
It is an area where things close down for the winter?

Any other thoughts

We have been to HHI for NYE many times (but we stay with family - we just visit the resort for a Mickey premium bar, Dole Whip or to shop at the Mercantile.) Because of that I can’t speak to what resort activities they have going on at that time of year, but in Hilton Head ...

Harbour Town in Sea Pines does a golf ball drop off the lighthouse at 6 or 7pm and midnight. It’s not fancy by any means, but cute and we enjoy it.

I’m sure Shelter Cove does something, just not sure what.

When it’s chilly, we still bike, the golfers in our family golf. May take a day trip to Savannah or Charleston, which are nice to explore when it’s a little cooler. Sometimes it has been warm enough to sit at the beach or walk the beach (the water is freezing though.) Horseback riding/trail rides are nice when it’s cooler out. We always find ways to keep ourselves busy there, even when it’s cooler. At home it’s usually snowy and frigid at that time of year so we just enjoy breathing in the fresh air, even if it’s cool outside!

We'd like to go to HHI for New Year's sometime, but we're usually there just a few weeks earlier. Although things don't close., a few restaurants have "winter hours", sometimes meaning that they're only open for dinner instead of both lunch and dinner. But that's only a very few. It's perfect weather for bike riding, and as DH says "It's always perfect weather for golf at HHI". Just be aware if any of your group are early morning golfers that we've encountered "frost delays" a couple times, meaning the 7:30 tee time gets pushed back to 9:00 or so, waiting for the sun to warm up the greens a little and get rid of that frost.

I always pop on the RAT to check what 7 month availability looks like. I happen to see a 2BR at HHI available and It got me thinking that it might be a fairly cheap trip (cheap points and driving from MA vs flying) for Christmas vacation. We would actually look stay right after Christmas through NYE.

Any one ever go down there at this time?
Are there any good activities to do when the weather is chilly?
It is an area where things close down for the winter?

Any other thoughts
considering the same for this year, wondering if you went and how was it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter