Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I’ve come here to check the thread. DH is with me, and for that I am most grateful….he had chest pains for nearly 5 days before heading to a hospital. Even then, he drove to the kennel to drop off Gus before driving to the hospital. There, they promptly helicoptered him to a hospital that was better equipped to deal with him.

Having more time with DH is what I am most grateful for.

I was in WDW with friends while this was going on. DH’s “excuse “ includes having to wait until Thursday because the carpet cleaner was coming. Even at that, he waited to Friday to call me and say, “ I guess I can’t tell you not to worry, but I’m heading to the hospital because I have chest pains.”

Please, if you have chest pains, call 911.
There should be a hug emoji for posts like this' it doesn't seem right to 'like' it.

I'm sorry you had such an anxious experience and I'm very glad he's OK.

There should be a hug emoji for posts like this' it doesn't seem right to 'like' it.

I'm sorry you had such an anxious experience and I'm very glad he's OK.
Couldn’t agree more - seemed wrong to like but didn’t want to do nothing and love seemed wrong - but wanted to convey hugs & prayers ! What a trooper ! But don’t do that again !!! Hugs to Bobbi too !!!

Small luxuries . . .

Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset tea. It costs about twice what regular tea bags cost, but it is so good. Whenever I place a Target order, I add a tin to the list.

My iPad. It’s not a necessity, but it sure makes life easier and more fun.

My Haunted Mansion weighted throw.

Sweaters ❤️ I’m a HUGE sweater fan - always have been - all kinds - you name it I probably have it - regular length - really long ones - all kinds ❤️❤️

Leggings - love these - I really like the very colorful ones wear them more than the black ones

Racer back bras - I have no shoulders I’m not talking sports bras because I can’t stand those I’m talking about one clip in the front with the T strap in the back - greatest thing ever for me no more pulling the shoulder straps up every five seconds !! so grateful for these - although they really limit me on my choices for designs etc but I’ll take the limit for the comfort it provides!

Bonus / comfy shoes - gotta have comfy shoes your feet hurt your whole body hurts I just wanna have nice comfortable shoes I’d rather not wear any at all but if I have to I want them to be comfy I’m very grateful I found a brand of sneakers are super comfortable and again I like very colorful sneakers and this brand offers me that!

I’ve come here to check the thread. DH is with me, and for that I am most grateful….he had chest pains for nearly 5 days before heading to a hospital. Even then, he drove to the kennel to drop off Gus before driving to the hospital. There, they promptly helicoptered him to a hospital that was better equipped to deal with him.

Having more time with DH is what I am most grateful for.

I was in WDW with friends while this was going on. DH’s “excuse “ includes having to wait until Thursday because the carpet cleaner was coming. Even at that, he waited to Friday to call me and say, “ I guess I can’t tell you not to worry, but I’m heading to the hospital because I have chest pains.”

Please, if you have chest pains, call 911.
Oh my…..I am so sorry to hear about this bobbi. but thanks be to God that he’s better now. Many hugs for you :hug: Having your DH better, and with you, is the greatest gift this Christmas season. I‘ll keep him in my prayers to continue getting stronger and better :hug:

Good Monday Morning :wave:

#1 - I’m grateful for all my Christmas sweaters and sweatshirts - they are so fun and I wear them to work every day in December - our patients love them.

#2 - I’m grateful for my fleece lined jeans - I have a black pair & blue pair and they are the best to wear to DD20’s games. She starts playing outside in northern Indiana the middle of February and it’s so cold sitting outside watching them.

#3 - I’m grateful for one old sweater - I’ve had this sweater forever, and it’s one of my favorite things to wear around the house on a cold day.

1. Pajama pants. Sometimes the best part of the day is when the bra comes off and the pj pants go on.
2. Vest—in cold weather I wear a vest almost every day. I like it better than a coat and often wear it indoors and out.
3. Long sleeved t-shirts—a staple in my wardrobe (goes with the vest) and I have different brands and colors but I like them soft and a touch long.

Happy Birthday to PollyannaDad?

I can't choose from among my family members, so I will say these things about my friend, Angela. I met her via the Disboards about 20 years ago (she was selling seats on her Illuminations Cruise). We have similar occupations, daughters around the same age, and husbands with similar interests (and quirks). We met on the Illuminations Cruise and the friendship just stuck. She, too, has a love-affair with The Mouse and we both admit he gets WAY too much of our money!

She is always there for me, at the other end of the keyboard. Every day, sometimes multiple times, she'll be there to boost me up, make me smile, even if it's just an emoji to acknowledge that she's heard me (but is busy).

She doesn't "judge." She is the one person to whom I can vent about DH. Other family members are "too close;" I don't want to damage their relationships with him if I say anything that's too personal, too hurtful, etc. There's never any judgement, even when asking hard questions; she, too, is in a 30+ year marriage and knows there are always "downs" to go along with the many "ups" of loving and living with someone for so long.

She respects my privacy, regardless of what I tell her. I can share with her my fears and concerns about my daughter, celebrate her victories and successes. It's not a competition (as it would be with my sister or another friend), and I know anything I say is confidential. (the word "discreet" isn't in my sister's vocabulary). She has 2 DDs, age-wise one on either side of my DD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter