Three Things...Gratitude Thread

May Ray Day? Weather.com is forecasting partly cloudy, cloudy, or rain for my area for the next 10 days!

Coffee toffee- a tasty treat, either the chewy kind of the hard candy type made by Werthers.

Crocs-n-socks-n-socks-n-crocs... I have some issues with my knee, ankle, and foot/instep, which means that the only shoes I can wear without pain are Crocs. Yes, even in the winter, even if I need socks with them. When DD and my sister's two girls were little, they used to chant this endlessly to make fun of my fashion choice! It was all in good jest, and I can still hear their little voices and see their shining faces while they poked fun at me. I love my sis and my nieces to death, DD and I spent a LOT of time with them when they were all kids, and now they are grown adults. Still love them to death, but miss those little girls!

Chip and dip... or sip and dip, pool-side in the summer!

Honorable Mention: Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom. It's fun ( and a nice little break) to ride the train and go to the petting zoo, although I could do without the "up close and personal" viewings/encounters with tarantulas and snakes!

Good Sunday Morning! :wave:

#1 - Play and Stay - Truth be told, I’m not grateful for this, it just popped in my head. When my DD20 was still in travel we had tournaments called Play & Stays - to be in this tournament your team had to stay in one of the designated hotels, which were always more expensive. Nobody likes the play & stays, but some of the best tournaments are the play & stays, so you suck it up and do it.

#2 - Eyes Cries - Another truth be told….my eyes cries more when I’m happy or emotional due to memories than when I’m sad - I’m not a big sad crier.

#3 - Sun Fun - I’m always grateful to have a nice sunny day to have fun in 😎☀️

Hooray Today...This is the day the Lord has made. I Pray to rejoice and be glad, serve Him kindly in it.

Snail Mail💌of faith and cheer always brings me a smile and is a blessing for me to send. PM me any of you who would enjoy some happy mail.

Near and Dear brings to my mind those closest to my heart.

For an extra Sunday smile, cheers for Pooh, Roo, and each of deat you!

Sunday joy to all of you with love.

There Goes Rhymin’ Simon: it isn’t my favorite Paul Simon album, but I am a big fan of both his solo work and the old days with Garfunkel.

“She will never make me jealous, gives me all her time as well as” This “rhyme” in the lyrics of the Beatles “She’s A Woman” always makes me laugh.

The Cat in the Hat; loved being able to read that independently when I was little.

Have you getting a generator not judging just asking? Are they not worth the trouble or are they just too expensive again not judging just asking to get a really big one in order to make it work because the tiny one to me wouldn’t do much just my thoughts I was just curious
Very rare for us to go period without power unless we would get a bad ice storm and there was talk after one about getting a generator and I said no

We've thought about it. After Hurricane Harvey, we debated about equipping the house with a Generac, but decided against it. On one hand, it would be nice, but they're not cheap and the maintenance required between uses makes it less appealing. I was just talking to a guy today who was trying to help a friend start his up after sitting dormant for 5 years. Back when Hurricane Ike hit, a lot of people got gas powered standalone ones, but we're always so afraid of the carbon monoxide risk...not to mention gas scarcity in some emergency situations. Gas was really hard to come by for several weeks after Ike due to stations not having power and after Harvey, a lot of tanks were contaminated due to floodwaters. We tried buying one of those huge batteries that's supposed to be enough juice and power to keep some big things going, but the main plugs didn't work and the solar panel to recharge it was out of stock with no availability any time soon.

#1 - Play and Stay - Truth be told, I’m not grateful for this, it just popped in my head. When my DD20 was still in travel we had tournaments called Play & Stays - to be in this tournament your team had to stay in one of the designated hotels, which were always more expensive. Nobody likes the play & stays, but some of the best tournaments are the play & stays, so you suck it up and do it.

That was one of the first rhymes that came to my mind as well. Granted, we flip flop it here and call it "Stay to Play," but it's one of the things I just cannot stand. Our organization usually tries to buy out since a lot of our team prefers VRBO/AirBNB and I have certain chains we prefer, but sometimes it's not offered. We drove from Houston to Birmingham, AL this past fall for a tournament just to find out that the room I booked under the tournament link didn't even exist. They had a room for us, but it wasn't the two queen suite that was on the link and what they had was really tiny and miserable. Last I'd heard, we bought out for PGF in CA and Sparkler in CO, so that's a bit of a relief. Supposedly, we're good for all of the others too. Whew!

Last edited:
1. Sam-I-Am - While I love Dr. Seuss, this is what DD15s travel ball coach likes to call her. We don't start summer travel ball until next month and a few of DD's teammates are still in it for high school state playoffs ...as well as her head coach. Still, her organization has started practices and scrimmages for everyone else who has been knocked out so that we're ready for the summer. We had a blend of four or five 14-18U teams out there for a scrimmage today and DD's team's head coach was there for a little bit. It's the first time I've heard "Sam-I-Am!!!" being yelled in months! It brought a huge smile to my face.

2. Softball chants - They've changed a bit since the girls have gotten older, but there were a few from her 6U-10U days that had a lot of rhyming. One in particular would get stuck in my head to the point that I'd be typing in rhythm to it at work. It was so obvious that my coworkers started to ask what music was stuck in my head.

3. Dr. Seuss - As I've noted, I love Dr. Seuss, so he and his books deserve their own separate mention. While I had it on tape, I used to be able to recite Fox in Socks in its entirety...which was highly entertaining for the kids. That same kind of rhythmic rhyming is what makes The Sleep Book magic for me.

Today's Topic (Sun, 5/19) - things you're grateful for that rhyme

1. Job and Bob. Thankfully I have a job to help pay the bills and thankful I got a long lifetime of memories with Bob, my dad, before he passed away last year.

2. Sand and Band. Love the beach, just got back last weekend. And I love to listen to music.

3. School and Pool. Thankful school is just about OVER for the year. Looking forward to some pool time!

3 things you're grateful for beginning with A
1. My first name! I love my first name.
2. Alphabets! We had a speaker at church today who talked about linguistics and translation work, and how they have to make alphabets, and it was really interesting!
3. The Apollo program. Space travel is just fascinating to me.

(Sun, 5/19) - things you're grateful for that rhyme
1. Kid Vids - kids videos/movies are some of the best.
2. Backpacks
3. Book Nooks. Okay. So I'm kind of cheating on this one, because I'm really thinking of my closest library, which is much bigger than a nook. But my local library may be closing soon, so I'm extra grateful for it right now. There's another library pretty close that I'll still be able to go to, but much of my weekend has been following these developments which were very sudden to residents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter