Thursday Riddle

sheridac said:
That's punctuation.

TFI

:teeth:

Beg to differ. Punctuation is part of it, but grammar rules (and sometimes context) define what is a imperative statement as opposed to an inquisitorial statement. Let me illustrate:

Honey, would you please take out the garbage?

Now, standing alone, this appears to be an inquisitorial statement. But when coupled with the tone of voice and the clear implication that you'll get pestered until you do it, the seeming question takes on more of an imperative nature.

Or, I could just be full of crap. You make the call.

Chapter 11 said:
Well played. :lmao:

:smooth:

we are gonna see cute little sea otters there...

lsl_kelp_m025.jpg

Chapter 11 said:
Beg to differ. Punctuation is part of it, but grammar rules (and sometimes context) define what is a imperative statement as opposed to an inquisitorial statement. Let me illustrate:

Now, standing alone, this appears to be an inquisitorial statement. But when coupled with the tone of voice and the clear implication that you'll get pestered until you do it, the seeming question takes on more of an imperative nature.

Waa, waa, waa!!! :teeth:

horsegirl said:
PM sent and I am in. Please do not tell me we are going to English class today..... :sad2:
Hay! English class I can do. Riddles? No so much.

Chapter 11 said:

Smarty pants needs to study just a little bit more.... :rotfl2:

sheridac said:
See??

Full of crap!!! :lmao:

Exactly! FOC! And that is why Tink's guy rule that smarty pants quoted is so appropos! :lmao:

Let me illustrate:

tink38 said:
The Guys' Rules

Please note... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine...
Really.

Chapter 11 said:
Corollary to the above two rules:

It's not the jeans that make your butt look big ....

See FOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Chapter 11 said:

Spikey, Honey??? Is this you? :teeth:
nerd.jpg

You guys are a riot and a half.
So glad this is heating up 'cause I am too busy to whohooty on Wednesdays...

sheridac said:
But.

We still love our little Crapster!!!! :teeth:

CRAPSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Another tag! Now we know why his butt looks so big in his jeans! Bwa hahahahahahaha ! :lmao:

Frickles said:
I didn't get todays after 2 guesses. And I still don't know it.

Hey Frick, keep trying. There aren't that many words in the whole riddle. Just start at the beginning and keep guessing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter