• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ticket upgrade/timing question

HollyMD

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of upgrading our US ticket to AP when we get there in Oct. But I was wondering- we bought the tickets from undercover tourist and they expire feb 2019. If we upgrade to AP, will our year expire from the time of upgrade, a year from the original expiration, or a year from the time the tickets were purchased? The answer to this could have a big effect on our decision. Thanks in advance!

Your AP expires one year from the date you upgrade. The original ticket has no effect on the date. Just make sure the tickets are upgradable.

Thanks to all of you for your help! @tink1957, what would keep it from being able to be upgraded? Will it say something particular on it? They are 3 day p2p tickets

Thanks to all of you for your help! @tink1957, what would keep it from being able to be upgraded? Will it say something particular on it? They are 3 day p2p tickets

From everything I have read and what I was told on the phone, the AP start date would be the 1st day you use the ticket you are upgrading from. Example, if you use your ticket on June 3rd, 4th and then upgrade on the 5th the start date for the AP would be June 3rd, so your expiration would be June 2 (11:59pm) the following year.

Piggy-backing on this question... the reservations we have at PBH are made in my name using the aph rate. Does it have to be me that has the aph to get the discount? I was thinking of upgrading my son's ticket rather than mine since he is more likely to use it again then i would be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter