Ticketing Strategy For WDW in Feb/March?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
We'll be in the Kissimmee area for 20 days starting on Feb 13. At the least we want to hit Epcot at least once and maybe other parks if the Epcot experience is positive. Questions:

We always used UT in the past but mail service being what it is I'm worried we wouldn't get a paper ticket on time, what to do?

If we decide to do other parks can we safely wait until we're in Fla before deciding? We do have MDE accounts if that matters.

I understand that we must have valid park passes and then we choose parks, correct?

In short, what would you do if you know you were going to do Epcot once but didn't want to commit to others until after visiting Epcot?

FWIW I used to be the WDW 'expert' in our social circle, now I'm lost having last set foot in any WDW park in late Feb., 2020.

Thanks in advance

As for purchasing tickets from the authorized reseller -- they can email you the ticket numbers to add to MDE. Then you can use an older MagicBand or hard plastic ticket media, no need for a new ticket card. You can add-on to a 1-day ticket before leaving Epcot the first day if you decide you want to return - just be aware of the valid use window for the tickets. While multi-day tickets have some savings it's honestly not a lot if you are looking at just 2 or 3 days in the parks; if you don't want to commit upfront, and/or you want to spread out your visits over the 21 days, you may just want to wait and buy individual days.

I just recommend keeping an eye on the theme park reservations for your dates. Right now it looks fine, but you'll be there over Presidents' Day and late February is a big school vacation time for most of the northeast, plus early March brings Mardi Gras which is a big school vacation time for some southern schools.

And these are your other threads with some suggestions from posters:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tix-during-off-site-stay.3868624/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/please-help-me-plan.3865249/

Who uses paper tickets anymore? ;) If you buy from the source you mentioned, you get a number that can be plugged into your My Disney Experience app and the tickets link to your account. Now your phone is your ticket. You can also link it to a magic band or get a ticket at the parks. You may be able to get a park reservation the day before depending on the crowds and the park. The Walt Disney World stats twitter posts when passes close and come back.

As for purchasing tickets from the authorized reseller -- they can email you the ticket numbers to add to MDE. Then you can use an older MagicBand or hard plastic ticket media, no need for a new ticket card. You can add-on to a 1-day ticket before leaving Epcot the first day if you decide you want to return - just be aware of the valid use window for the tickets. While multi-day tickets have some savings it's honestly not a lot if you are looking at just 2 or 3 days in the parks; if you don't want to commit upfront, and/or you want to spread out your visits over the 21 days, you may just want to wait and buy individual days.

I just recommend keeping an eye on the theme park reservations for your dates. Right now it looks fine, but you'll be there over Presidents' Day and late February is a big school vacation time for most of the northeast, plus early March brings Mardi Gras which is a big school vacation time for some southern schools.

And these are your other threads with some suggestions from posters:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/tix-during-off-site-stay.3868624/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/please-help-me-plan.3865249/

Great information! Enjoy your trip Bill!

Thanks for all the advice, I have a plan now. Further question, as an off site guest, what use would Magic Bands be to us? We have the 2 that we used as AP holders for our 2019/2020 trips, probably still work.

Thanks again

Thanks for all the advice, I have a plan now. Further question, as an off site guest, what use would Magic Bands be to us? We have the 2 that we used as AP holders for our 2019/2020 trips, probably still work.

Thanks again
They could be used for tapping into the parks (as well as LL or ILL$, if you buy them), a PhotoPass photographer could tap them to link photos they take, and they're "young enough" that they'd probably still link ride photos to your MDE account. As an offsite guest, that's about all they'd do.

I just wanted to add I like the advice about purchasing individual days versus a multiday ticket. When you do say a 3-day ticket, you have a short and defined time to use that ticket. It's not easy to spread those days over a few weeks. Buying individual days gives you the freedom to select when you want to use, provided you have the park reservation for the park of your choice.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter