I'm torn about what to do with my tickets. I am thinking of saving them as they have the 2030 expiration date and just buying APs online rather than upgrading. It would make my life a lot easier and enable us to make all of our FP before we go. I didn't think I would have the money to buy them outright, but we've really been saving hard and I can do it. Then I have 6 day tickets to use at a later date when we don't have APs.

Is this a crazy thought? Can I make FP with APs before activating them? Pretty sure I read we can. Am I safe to hold on to those tickets for an indefinite amount of time? Maybe 2020 trip? I'm concerned they will stop letting people add days to tickets in the future or something stupid like that.

Should I even be posting this here? lol

-I have 6 day tickets to use at a later date when we don't have APs.
1. Is this a crazy thought?
2. Can I make FP with APs before activating them? \
3. Am I safe to hold on to those tickets for an indefinite amount of time?
4. Maybe 2020 trip?
5. I'm concerned they will stop letting people add days to tickets in the future or something stupid like that.
6. Should I even be posting this here?
1. & 3. Whatever you can afford to do.
2. Yes.
4. If that's what you want to do.
5. You never know.
6. We're discussing tickets.

We're heading to WDW in 21 days with 6 day PH tickets on a free dining package. I'm 98.9% sure we'll be upgrading to an AP our first day there.

I'd like to know if I'll be able to pay for the upgrade with Disney gift cards?

We're heading to WDW in 21 days with 6 day PH tickets on a free dining package. I'm 98.9% sure we'll be upgrading to an AP our first day there.

I'd like to know if I'll be able to pay for the upgrade with Disney gift cards?
Yes. As many as you need to use.

Just back and wanted to report that I had no issue in applying a 4 day park hopper ticket that I had saved in my account from a December 2016 trip to renew my Platinum AP. I renewed at Guest Relations at the front of MK and they gave me the current value of the ticket ($452.63)! I was pretty worried as I had heard that several people have had issues in applying a ticket to renew AP's. I was also planning on them only giving me the value of the ticket before the price increase! So I was very pleased on how smooth it went!

Bonus was that 2 days later, we went to Typhoon Lagoon and since my current AP doesn't expire until early September, I was just going to purchase a water park AP to cover this trip and future trips for the next year....but the lady at Guest relations at the water park talked me into upgrading my renewed Platinum AP to a Platinum Plus for $80.93 and gave me a comp ticket for the water park for that day! Saved me about $55!

So great ticket experience on this trip!!!

Just back and wanted to report that I had no issue in applying a 4 day park hopper ticket that I had saved in my account from a December 2016 trip to renew my Platinum AP. I renewed at Guest Relations at the front of MK and they gave me the current value of the ticket ($452.63)! I was pretty worried as I had heard that several people have had issues in applying a ticket to renew AP's. I was also planning on them only giving me the value of the ticket before the price increase! So I was very pleased on how smooth it went!

Bonus was that 2 days later, we went to Typhoon Lagoon and since my current AP doesn't expire until early September, I was just going to purchase a water park AP to cover this trip and future trips for the next year....but the lady at Guest relations at the water park talked me into upgrading my renewed Platinum AP to a Platinum Plus for $80.93 and gave me a comp ticket for the water park for that day! Saved me about $55!

So great ticket experience on this trip!!!

Great report!
(And, yes, you were very lucky.)
Thanks!

I have 8 day tickets with the fun day added booked with a room through the exclusive agency with the great deals and was wondering if the tickets are good for 14 days as we are doing a two week split stay?

I have 8 day tickets with the fun day added booked with a room through the exclusive agency with the great deals and was wondering if the tickets are good for 14 days as we are doing a two week split stay?
Yes. The assets can be used in any order starting on the day that you first use the ticket... up until 13 days following.

Thanks. Am I right in that I can make my fast passes at the 60 day mark for both weeks of my split stay?

AP question. I'm sure the answers have been provided a dozen time but I haven't found the thread yet!

Getting my first AP for a trip in January for the marathon. Was going to buy a 5 day PH ticket now then turn into an AP in January so that I can book FP with family (I'm the only one getting AP). But I think I read that you can book FP before activating a AP but not sure how.

Also question about the photo plan with the AP. Does this include photos from Run Disney events too? How does that work if I have an AP but the rest of my family doesn't? We are 7 people with 2 rooms booked in January at POR.

AP question. I'm sure the answers have been provided a dozen time but I haven't found the thread yet!

Getting my first AP for a trip in January for the marathon. Was going to buy a 5 day PH ticket now then turn into an AP in January so that I can book FP with family (I'm the only one getting AP). But I think I read that you can book FP before activating a AP but not sure how.

Also question about the photo plan with the AP. Does this include photos from Run Disney events too? How does that work if I have an AP but the rest of my family doesn't? We are 7 people with 2 rooms booked in January at POR.
If you buy an AP in advance, it will link to your MDE and you can book advanced FP+ even though it won't be activated until you arrive at WDW.

All photos from all guests connected in your MDE will be available.

TA said they could not be upgraded.

If the TA refuses, (and IF the squirrelly kind of ticket that you have is allowed to be upgraded)
you can upgrade after you arrive at WDW at any Guest Relations or ticket booth.

Immediately after you upgrade, you can make FP+ reservations for the days that you could not
access before your upgrade.

If the TA refuses, (and IF the squirrelly kind of ticket that you have is allowed to be upgraded)
you can upgrade after you arrive at WDW at any Guest Relations or ticket booth.

Immediately after you upgrade, you can make FP+ reservations for the days that you could not
access before your upgrade.

TA says she is the only one that can make changes to our package and they don't sell 10 day tickets and they can't be upgraded. I wonder if I call Disney directly if I will get anywhere.

TA says she is the only one that can make changes to our package and they don't sell 10 day tickets and they can't be upgraded. I wonder if I call Disney directly if I will get anywhere.

Sadly, I would not attempt to call WDW about anything.

You will likely get an answer.
Whether that answer is correct or not is fully a toss-up.
(I can tell you that tickets not purchased directly from Disney
cannot be upgraded except in-person after arrival.)

I am not a fan of buying "proprietary" tickets.
They can prove to be, at the least, "inflexible" in some cases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter