I read the post to start the thread about upgrading tickets to an AP but need clarification.

I currently have a 5 day ticket that I want to upgrade to an AP but I have specific dates I need the AP to start so I am unsure if I can do this. If I go to guest services on Day 4 or 5 of my October trip and I upgrade my tickets to get an AP, can I get an AP certificate in order to activate it in early July? Therefore making July my AP start date
If you "upgrade" a current ticket to an AP, the AP will be active as of the first date you used your current ticket (the one you are upgrading). If you need your AP to start on a different date, you either need to adjust your current plans, adjust your future plans, or not do an "upgrade" but just buy an AP certificate which can be started/activated whenever you wish. I don't see them allowing a 9-month "pause" on the AP if you use tickets in October but then want the AP to start in July.

My hubby and I are going to ask very very very veryyyyyy nicely :) We are crossing our fingers :duck:
Unfortunately, they aren’t selling APs right now. They can’t upgrade you to something they can’t sell. I hope I’m wrong or that they open up AP sales by Saturday so that you get to do the upgrade.

If I have unused tickets on MDE once they offer APs again would I be able to upgrade those unused tickets to APs over the phone/MDE?

Odds are we won't keep our August package, but if we do, we were hoping to upgrade to DH to a new AP and renew mine and DD's. If they are still not allowing AP upgrades next month, could he just use his 10 day PH and we use ours to renew? Or if one person uses the PH's we all have to?

Odds are we won't keep our August package, but if we do, we were hoping to upgrade to DH to a new AP and renew mine and DD's.
If they are still not allowing AP upgrades next month,
1. could he just use his 10 day PH and we use ours to renew?
2. Or if one person uses the PH's we all have to?
1. Yes.
2. No such rule exists.
Once guests arrive at WDW, each guest can deal with her/his own "package" ticket separately.

Last edited:
I spoke to the ticketing department 10 days ago regarding a ticket refund . The CM said I could expect $750 thats what he was requesting for me. They asked for my bank Iban and Swift code as I am in the uk. How long do refunds normally take? The CM did tell me they happened on a Thursday just wondering if they have a back log. I have tried emailing and tried to call the ticket department again just keep getting passed from one person to the next with no further information. TIA

I currently have two reservations 4 nights rented DVC then 4 nights at AOA that currently is just a hotel only reservation for the end of September. I’m still watching and waiting to make the decision to go. These low wait times are making me want to go.

If I decide to add tickets, how should I add them. Thinking a 5 or 6 day ticket. If I purchased tickets to link with my DVC rental, can I use past those 4 nights? Would there be a benefit in adding them to the WDW resort reservation if I made it a package? Could I use the park days prior to checking in to AOA when we were at our first reservation?

Thanks

I currently have two reservations 4 nights rented DVC then 4 nights at AOA that currently is just a hotel only reservation for the end of September. I’m still watching and waiting to make the decision to go. These low wait times are making me want to go.

If I decide to add tickets, how should I add them. Thinking a 5 or 6 day ticket. If I purchased tickets to link with my DVC rental, can I use past those 4 nights? Would there be a benefit in adding them to the WDW resort reservation if I made it a package? Could I use the park days prior to checking in to AOA when we were at our first reservation?

Thanks
You don’t add tickets to your reservation. You add them to your profile in MDE. If you were to add them to the AoA reservation in order to make it a package, the ticket start date would not begin until the day of check in at AoA. You would be better off purchasing a separate ticket that is good for all nights (DVC+AoA).

Would there be a benefit in adding them to the WDW resort reservation if I made it a package?
The advantage in booking tickets along with a WDW room reservation ("package") is that if you cancel the package (within the time allotted) you won't need to pay for the tickets. (They will be cancelled along with the room.)
However...
Could I use the park days prior to checking in to AOA when we were at our first reservation?
Nope.
If you were to add them to the AoA reservation in order to make it a package, the ticket start date would not begin until the day of check in at AoA.
Ditto the above.

Hope this is the right thread to ask this question. Here is the situation/question assuming Disney does not change the process once APs go on sale again.

My father who is a FL resident wants to buy my kids Platinum APs at the FL resident price. In order to do so, he would go to guest services at Disney Springs shows proof of residency and get three AP certificates that I would link to my kids names on MDE, is that correct or am I totally wrong?
Assuming I can do the first step is the AP activation date the day he purchased them, the date I link them, or the date of the first time my kids swipe into a theme park?

Hope this is the right thread to ask this question. Here is the situation/question assuming Disney does not change the process once APs go on sale again.

My father who is a FL resident wants to buy my kids Platinum APs at the FL resident price. In order to do so, he would go to guest services at Disney Springs shows proof of residency and get three AP certificates that I would link to my kids names on MDE, is that correct or am I totally wrong?
Assuming I can do the first step is the AP activation date the day he purchased them, the date I link them, or the date of the first time my kids swipe into a theme park?
The idea of FL residents being able to buy FL tickets/APs for their grandchildren (nieces/nephews) is so that FL residents can visit Walt Disney World ALONG WITH their grandchildren (nieces/nephews.)
In most cases, the FL resident who buys the tickets/APs needs to be at the WDW gate to show their legal FL ID when the tickets/APs are first used.
Addressing your last question... in general, an AP is activated (starts counting down) on the date the AP is first used at a park.

The idea of FL residents being able to buy FL tickets/APs for their grandchildren (nieces/nephews) is so that FL residents can visit Walt Disney World ALONG WITH their grandchildren (nieces/nephews.)
In most cases, the FL resident who buys the tickets/APs needs to be at the WDW gate to show their legal FL ID when the tickets/APs are first used.
Addressing your last question... in general, an AP is activated (starts counting down) on the date the AP is first used at a park.
I understand that which is why I am asking. He does often times go with them to Disney but we won’t be down until July and when we go to start the AP he will not be with us on that trip because he will be traveling. So I am trying to verify if he has to be there that first time or just simply showing proof of residency when purchasing and then have them linked to the kids is enough.

The advantage in booking tickets along with a WDW room reservation ("package") is that if you cancel the package (within the time allotted) you won't need to pay for the tickets. (They will be cancelled along with the room.)
However...

Nope.

Ditto the above.

Thank you. So if I purchased tickets by themselves, I couldn’t cancel them, but could I use them another time? Or are they assigned to those specific days?

Thank you. So if I purchased tickets by themselves, I couldn’t cancel them,
1. but could I use them another time?
2. Or are they assigned to those specific days?
1. A "qualified" yes.
2. The tickets that you buy ARE assigned to your start date/days.
But, you can CHANGE the date on the tickets within their maximum dated life.
(You will have to pay the difference in price if the dates to which you move are at a posted higher rate.)
Also, if the tickets are allowed to completely expire, unused (past their maximum dated life,) you can use their original value to help pay for NEW tickets in the future.

I understand that which is why I am asking. He does often times go with them to Disney but we won’t be down until July and when we go to start the AP he will not be with us on that trip because he will be traveling. So I am trying to verify if he has to be there that first time or just simply showing proof of residency when purchasing and then have them linked to the kids is enough.
...the FL resident who buys the tickets/APs needs to be at the WDW gate to show their legal FL ID when the tickets/APs are first used.

Otherwise, a system of abuse could arise if a FL resident just buys as many FL resident certificates as she/he likes and then offers them (gift/sell) to as many non-FL residents as he/she chooses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter