My understanding is that once you modify a COVID-extended ticket in any manner, it will revert to a stsndard date-based ticket. If you want to use the park entries over 4 trips, you’ll have to forgo the hopping and waterparks. If you can adjust your plans to one long trip, the add-ons will work.

That’s what I was wanting to know. In my particular case I can take it or leave it, just paying out of pocket if I decide to do extras. Hopping was less concern to me overall.

Hi! I bought 4 tickets from UT for a November 2020 trip but only 2 of us went. I know I don’t lose the value of the tickets but how do I do that? Must it be in person or can it be done by phone?

Hi! I bought 4 tickets from ** for a November 2020 trip but only 2 of us went. I know I don’t lose the value of the tickets but how do I do that? Must it be in person or can it be done by phone?
You can try "asking nicely" on the phone.

I have 4 7-day Park Hopper tickets that I bought in January 2020 from an authorized third party vendor with original use dates of August 2020.

Under the current policy they are extended to September 26, 2021 for any date period in that time frame. But we won't be able to use them by September. We do have a trip planned for December 2021. Please confirm my understanding that what I need to do is call the Existing Ticket line at (407) 566-4985, and ask to have the dates moved, for which I will pay the difference between (1) the current price for 7-day hoppers for my new December 2021 dates, and (2) the official Disney price (not what I paid the 3P seller) for the tickets on the day I bought them (in January 2020). Is that correct?

Also, All 4 tickets show up in my MDE account, but 3 of them are assigned to my family members who have their own accounts and I therefore have limited power over those tickets. Will Ticket Services be able to adjust all 4 tickets for me, or do I need to have each family member reassign the ticket back to me to let me buy the date change? I don't want to wait on hold for however long and find out I had to do that, but also don't want to make my family reassign, and me reassign back, for no good reason.

Thanks!

I have 4 7-day Park Hopper tickets that I bought in January 2020 from an authorized third party vendor with original use dates of August 2020.

Under the current policy they are extended to September 26, 2021 for any date period in that time frame. But we won't be able to use them by September. We do have a trip planned for December 2021. Please confirm my understanding that what I need to do is call the Existing Ticket line at (407) 566-4985, and ask to have the dates moved, for which I will pay the difference between (1) the current price for 7-day hoppers for my new December 2021 dates, and (2) the official Disney price (not what I paid the 3P seller) for the tickets on the day I bought them (in January 2020).
1. Is that correct?

Also, All 4 tickets show up in my MDE account, but 3 of them are assigned to my family members who have their own accounts and I therefore have limited power over those tickets.
2. Will Ticket Services be able to adjust all 4 tickets for me, or do I need to have each family member reassign the ticket back to me to let me buy the date change?
3. I don't want to wait on hold for however long and find out I had to do that, but also don't want to make my family reassign, and me reassign back, for no good reason.

Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Not knowing all intricate details, you just need to ask when you call.
The CM will be able to determine the situation at that time.
3. You will have to do that (wait on hold for X time) at LEAST for YOUR ticket, anyway, so I'd not sweat it further until you find out.
The "reassigning" should not take much work/time to do, so I would do that before you make the first call.

1. Yes.
2. Not knowing all intricate details, you just need to ask when you call.
The CM will be able to determine the situation at that time.
3. You will have to do that (wait on hold for X time) at LEAST for YOUR ticket, anyway, so I'd not sweat it further until you find out.
Thanks. But with respect to 2 and 3, we can avoid multiple calls by having each family member transfer their tickets back to me before I call. But it seems silly to do that if unnecessary so I'm hoping someone knows whether a CM can handle the situation as it currently stands. I don't think te details are intricate. This is a common situation. I bought 4 tickets. Loaded them in my account. Assigned them to family members. If the family members did not have their own accounts and were fully managed by me, I would have full control over the tickets, but each FM does have her own account, so they exert control. ButI still "see" the tickets in my account connected to each person, yet I can no longer, for example, reassign them.

But if I just have to guess and take my chances, I will.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Thanks. But with respect to 2 and 3, we can avoid multiple calls by having each family member transfer their tickets back to me before I call. But it seems silly to do that if unnecessary so I'm hoping someone knows whether a CM can handle the situation as it currently stands. I don't think te details are intricate. This is a common situation. I bought 4 tickets. Loaded them in my account. Assigned them to family members. If the family members did not have their own accounts and were fully managed by me, I would have full control over the tickets, but each FM does have her own account. So I still "see" the tickets in my account connected to each person, bt I can no longer, for example, reassign them.

But if I just have to guess and take my chances, I will.

Thanks again!
If the others have their own MDE accounts, they "own" their tickets regardless of who originally purchased the ticket. I'm pretty sure the owner must request the change - therefore they will need to reassign the tickets back to you if you want to make the change for the whole party. You might try to made the change in MDE before sitting on hold, a few folks have found that worked even with 3rd party tickets.

If the others have their own MDE accounts, they "own" their tickets regardless of who originally purchased the ticket. I'm pretty sure the owner must request the change - therefore they will need to reassign the tickets back to you if you want to make the change for the whole party. You might try to made the change in MDE before sitting on hold, a few folks have found that worked even with 3rd party tickets.
Thanks. That's what I thought, and was leaning towards telling them all to do that. I appreciate the info.

I have 9 day PH tickets purchased from UT last Feb which have been extended to Sept 2021. Our trip is re-booked for this June, but is now for 11 days so I am short a couple park days. I tried to modify my tickets in MDE but that option is not available. I reached out to a cast member via the chat function and he told me that I would have to wait until I am physically there so Guest Services can add on the additional days.

My questions:

1. Is there a max number of days that can be added to an existing ticket? Will I be OK to add 2 more days?
2. He said I could call Disney's Ticketing Svc and ask them how much my ticket will be worth. How does Disney know this? Should I worry about them attaching a lower value to my tickets when I upgrade?
3. Anything else I need to know before doing this?

Thank you!

I have 9 day PH tickets purchased from ** last Feb which have been extended to Sept 2021. Our trip is re-booked for this June, but is now for 11 days so I am short a couple park days. I tried to modify my tickets in MDE but that option is not available. I reached out to a cast member via the chat function and he told me that I would have to wait until I am physically there so Guest Services can add on the additional days.

My questions:

1. Is there a max number of days that can be added to an existing ticket? Will I be OK to add 2 more days?
2. He said I could call Disney's Ticketing Svc and ask them how much my ticket will be worth. How does Disney know this? Should I worry about them attaching a lower value to my tickets when I upgrade?
3. Anything else I need to know before doing this?

Thank you!
1. Yes.
A ticket can only have a maximum of 10 Theme Park days, total, so your ticket can only be upgraded by 1 day.
2. It does not matter what YOU paid for the ticket.
It only matters what Disney charged (on line) for that same kind of ticket when you bought it.
3. Since you intend on using the entire ticket (including the extra day) during one trip, looks like you're OK.
(You MIGHT consider adding the Water Parks option, and you could visit a WP on your "extra" vacation day. That upgrade cost to a PH is very slight.)

Last edited:
1. Yes.
A ticket can only have a maximum of 10 Theme Park days, total, so your ticket can only be upgraded by 1 day.
2. It does not matter what YOU paid for the ticket.
It only matters what Disney charged (on line) for that same kind of ticket when you bought it.
3. Since you intend on using the entire ticket (including the extra day) during one trip, looks like you're OK.
(You MIGHT consider adding the Water Parks option, and you could visit a WP on your "extra" vacation day. That upgrade cost to a PH is very slight.)

Thank you for your quick reply. That's a great idea on the Water Parks option. I will have to look into that. Too bad we can't switch over to a DVC Annual Pass. We haven't been to DW in 5 years so we added on more days, but now we are constrained by the tickets!

Sorry, follow up question. So, if I purchased last February, I would need to find out what Disney was charging for a 9-day PH at that time, correct?

Sorry, follow up question. So, if I purchased last February, I would need to find out what Disney was charging for a 9-day PH at that time, correct?
Disney does have a record of that info.
You can call and ask, and hope that you find a helpful phone CM.

I've made multiple calls to Ticket Services trying to modify my MYW 7 day base tickets purchased in June 2020 from my local ITT/MWR office (7 day base was the only thing available in June). They are not military salute tickets. I have tied them to everyone on my MDE account but now with park hopping I've tried to add the park hopping option & quoted $270+ per person. The Ticket Services CM advised me against doing the upgrade but how am I supposed to change them into hoppers?? With what i paid for the MYW ticket & the WDW price for 7 day hoppers, the price difference should be only $183.66. That's almost $90. When i tried to ask why it's so much, the CM kept telling me my MYW was showing as a discounted ticket, but I'm unsure what discount they think i got.
I also asked if I can ask the Guest Services but the CM on the phone said it's would be the same price. If i bring my receipt, will they give me the proper value for what I paid?

1. When i tried to ask why it's so much, the CM kept telling me my MYW was showing as a discounted ticket, but I'm unsure what discount they think i got.
2. I also asked if I can ask the Guest Services
3. but the CM on the phone said it's would be the same price.
4. If i bring my receipt, will they give me the proper value for what I paid?
1. Qualified discounted tickets should be treated as full-price "Disney tickets."
(I have no way of knowing what tickets you bought or how you bought them.)
2. Try a direct contact. The info I have is below:
WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-
Email ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com
3. CM's say a lot of things. Some truer than others.
4. I don't think it should matter, but it couldn't hurt.

1. Qualified discounted tickets should be treated as full-price "Disney tickets."
(I have no way of knowing what tickets you bought or how you bought them.)
2. Try a direct contact. The info I have is below:
WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
-or-
Email ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com
3. CM's say a lot of things. Some truer than others.
4. I don't think it should matter, but it couldn't hurt.

1. I thought the same thing but not according to the CMs i spoke to on the phone number i used in #2. I tried that number twice & got the same response about my tickets being "discounted" which they apparently can see on MDE or when i give them the ticket number on the back of the MYW ticket/card. I'll try the email next, i guess. Maybe i don't have the correct voice to "ask nicely". :sad:

1. I thought the same thing but not according to the CMs i spoke to on the phone number i used in #2. I tried that number twice & got the same response about my tickets being "discounted" which they apparently can see on MDE or when i give them the ticket number on the back of the MYW ticket/card. I'll try the email next, i guess. Maybe i don't have the correct voice to "ask nicely". :sad:
They can always "see" if a ticket was legitimately discounted.
The situation in this case is whether your discounted ticket was some kind of purchase that does not qualify for being valued as a full price "Disney ticket" during an upgrade.

Last edited:
I think I know the answer to this question, but looking for confirmation. We had 2-day park hoppers for a trip last July that we didn't end up using and they expired at the end of the trip. We have an upcoming trip in May, I want to apply the value of the expired tickets to new tickets for my upcoming trip. If I call WDW ticketing, will they be able to do this or will I need to do this in person?

I think I know the answer to this question... If I call WDW ticketing, will they be able to do this or will I need to do this in person?
If you think you know the answer... you're way ahead of ME. ;)
I've been answering ticket questions daily on this board for years and I still don't have a definitive answer.
Best advice I have is to call them, explain carefully and "ask nicely."

(Please post back with your outcome.)

I think I know the answer to this question, but looking for confirmation. We had 2-day park hoppers for a trip last July that we didn't end up using and they expired at the end of the trip. We have an upcoming trip in May, I want to apply the value of the expired tickets to new tickets for my upcoming trip. If I call WDW ticketing, will they be able to do this or will I need to do this in person?
Tickets for July 2020? Check MDE - most tickets impacted by the closure were extended through 9/26/2021. Yours may be included in that extension, offhand I don't recall the specific dates that got the extension. If your tickets were not extended, you should be able to upgrade them to new tickets over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter