You’ll need to stop at a ticket window or Guest Relations window before entering the park that day to have the 1-day ticket prioritized. You probably should also do that the first day to make sure the Salute is prioritized first.

Hi all! I have a ticket question. My friends have a 2 week trip planned to Disney. They are staying on property the whole time, but it's a split stay between the 2 hotels (one week at each hotel). Currently, they bought 8 day tickets with their first hotel, and they want to use the 8 day tickets spread out between the 2 weeks. With the current rules, that won't be possible, correct? Won't the tickets 'expire' before the end of their second week? Is the only option to buy 4 day tickets with each hotel stay?

An 8-day ticket is valid for 12 days from the designated start date (or check-in date if bought with a package). With a split stay, I'd recommend they buy the tickets separate (not as a package) and maybe choose a start date that isn't the arrival day. That should get them most of the way through their second stay. They'll just have to plan a few of those non-park days at the beginning and/or end of the trip.

If they really want to be in the parks on arrival and departure dates, they'll need a longer ticket. I don't recommend buying an 8-day plus a 4-day due to cost, but they are welcome to buy 2 sets of tickets if they prefer.

Another note: a Park-Hopper Plus ticket will extend that 8-day ticket to a 13-day use window. And it would give them something to do on the non-park days.

I have a question about upgrading tickets to a Florida Res AP. My daughter bought a vacation package at the beginning of the year & it is paid for in full now. Travel time isn't until Dec. The package is for 4 adults and 2 of them will be moving to Florida in Nov & the other 2 will not. She does not want to change the package however she would like to upgrade 2 tickets to the Pixie AP once the vacation starts. I know she can upgrade but my question is :
Can she upgrade it even though there will be black out dates on the last day of the original ticket use? Dec 16th is a blocked date & that is the last day she is there for that package .
Will Disney let her upgrade after she enters on a blocked out day?
If she upgrades that day after she enters the park is she still going to be able to come and go that day or should she wait to the end of the day?

I apologize if this is the incorrect place-I searched and could not find an AP specific thread.

My son turns 3 in a few weeks and I'll need to get him his first AP- we're in state and I currently have the pirate pass. Am I able to get him the pirate pass to match or is he limited to pixie? Also, can it be done over the phone or do we need to go in person with his birth cert to prove his age?

AFAIK, turning 3 is the only exception to be allowed to purchase an AP. You should be able to buy him any version you need. I’m pretty sure it can be done by phone, but if buying a FL-resident pass you would need to show ID on first use.

I have a ticketing snag. We have rented DVC points for a stay, and I'm trying to purchase 2-day park hoppers, but the ticket "useability" ends one day too soon when I try to purchase them directly. Is this a situation where I need to see if the DVC owner will purchase the tickets FOR us so they are linked to the reservation? Or can I call and get them linked together so that the tickets are good for the last day of our stay? (I'm trying to buy a 2 day hopper starting on 1/5 and then using the second day on 1/9, which is the day we check out, but it's showing the tickets would expire on the 8th.)

Last edited:
I have a ticketing snag. We have rented DVC points for a stay, and I'm trying to purchase 2-day park hoppers, but the ticket "useability" ends one day too soon when I try to purchase them directly. Is this a situation where I need to see if the DVC owner will purchase the tickets FOR us so they are linked to the reservation? Or can I call and get them linked together so that the tickets are good for the last day of our stay? (I'm trying to buy a 2 day hopper starting on 1/5 and then using the second day on 1/9, which is the day we check out, but it's showing the tickets would expire on the 8th.)

As far as I'm aware, tickets purchased for DVC stays are still held to the same restrictions as regular tickets. i.e, there's no such thing as a "DVC package"

What you could do is buy park hopper plus tickets. They come with one extra day to use them, which would make them long enough for your stay.

Weird question
On my MDE account I have myself , husband and 2 daughters. Myself, husband and 1 daughter have AP. We just renewed and all of the AP have a reassign ticket button. Could I reassign an AP pass of my husband to my other daughter on my account? Is this possible?

I have a ticketing snag.
A 2-day ticket has a use window of 4 days beginning on the designated start date. Unless you only plan to do parks on your check-in and check-out dates, you can select another date as your start date. A couple other suggestions that may or may not due to extra expense: as PP suggests you can add the Park-Hopper Plus option; or buy a 3-day ticket which will be valid for a 5-day window. Only tickets associated with a resort package (resort hotel room + tickets) get a length of stay extension. There is no option to add tickets to a DVC reservation to create a package for this purpose.

I know the price per ticket varies by the date, but if I buy tickets for April 1-5 today could the price for those tickets go up or down before April 1 or are they static once they're set?

Got a question for the AP gurus.

A friend of mine has two Gold AP vouchers, bought before the pandemic. He never used them because, well, we all know. One was for his son, who was 8 at the time and was a child AP. Now he's 11. Can he still use his voucher, or is he now considered too old for it; and if he's too old, what can his dad do to activate it?

Got a question for the AP gurus.

A friend of mine has two Gold AP vouchers, bought before the pandemic. He never used them because, well, we all know. One was for his son, who was 8 at the time and was a child AP. Now he's 11. Can he still use his voucher, or is he now considered too old for it; and if he's too old, what can his dad do to activate it?
WDW stopped selling "child" priced APs in 2013 and went to one price ages 3+. So the Gold voucher can be used by the son as long as he still qualifies to activate that type - which means either FL resident or DVC (or if still a minor if the dad still qualifies).

We have 8 day PH tix with G+ for our trip starting this weekend (yipppeee!!!!). We also have Platinum Pass Exchange for the 4 of us in my MDE. Can anyone confirm that there is no way that the APs can be activated by entering the park? We want to save the APs and use the day tickets this trip. Thank you!!

I have a question for anyone who could answer this. I have a friend of mine who has annual passed due to be renewed at the end of the end of December. She's also going the very last week of December and was told she couldn't renew until 60 days prior (she's afraid she won't be able to book park reservations) I had suggested for her to book a package with 5 day parkhoppers and then once she arrived use those 5 day parkhoppers towards the value the renewal. Can this still be done?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter