Tiggerific04's Planning Journal (WP/Gardenview Lounge/Chef Mickey's) *UPDATE 8/6

Im so sorry its taken me so long to respond!

I had marble cake with strawberry filling. It was the standard intimate cake. I didnt ask for any extras or anything. Im just so pleased in the way it all came out. I do believe that it was Buttercream frosting (I dont think Disney uses fondant)-- and it tasted delicious! (DH and I cant wait for our 1 year to roll around so we can pull the top out of the freezer!!).

That's OK Maggie:)

I love that cake so I am hoping they can make that bigger for about 40 people.

I saw that dress on the Davids bridal website the other day and loved it! It reminds me a lot of Moonpie's dress and she looked awesome for her wedding day.

Being a second dress bride myself, I say go for the new one! It isn't that much more then your other one and your DF has already agreed that you should get it if it makes you happy. Even though they may not understand it, most of us on this board seem to have very understanding guys when it comes to us girls changing our minds about dresses.

As for stopping looking after you find a dress, I don't think you need to. If you've found the right one, it won't matter. I was looking at the Disney wedding dresses yesterday and my fiance got all worried and asked what I was doing. I said "don't worry, I'm not going to find another dress I like better" and it is true, I haven't found anything I have liked better since I bought my second dress.

It reminds me a lot of Moonpie's dress as well. That's actually what I thought as soon as I saw it!

I might have to hold off on checking it out in person until tomorrow... depends how badly the roads are flooded out by DB :confused3

I like them both! Absolutely go and try it on. If the new one makes you feel more like a princess GO FOR IT! This is your special day!

I would at least give it a shot, go for it, try it on. You might try it on and realize you don't like it as much as your original, OR realize that this one definitely is the right one. Ultimately, you have to go with what you love and what you feel comfortable in, because as others said this is what will be in your photos, and you don't want to spend your day wishing you got this dress! At least if you try it on you'll know. And you could always try selling the original. :)

Ok, ladies... DF and I went to David's Bridal to try on the dress. I think my face says it all in this picture:

IMG_1970sm.jpg

It looked nothing like it did online:

IMG_1971sm.jpg

IMG_1972sm.jpg

IMG_1964sm.jpg

BUT! DF saw this one when we first walked in the store and wanted me to try it. And I think I LOVE it! The only problem is that the sash that was in the picture in the store has been discontinued, so they only had the plain pink satin ribbon. They also had me try on one of the flower girl ribbons :rotfl:

IMG_1991sm.jpg

IMG_1987sm.jpg

IMG_1986sm.jpg

IMG_1988sm.jpg

FYI, both of these are a size too big. I was too lazy to get out of them and try on a smaller size.

So? What do you think? This one or the original:

IMG_1435.jpg

Ok, ladies... DF and I went to David's Bridal to try on the dress. I think my face says it all in this picture:

IMG_1970sm.jpg

It looked nothing like it did online:

IMG_1971sm.jpg

IMG_1972sm.jpg

IMG_1964sm.jpg

BUT! DF saw this one when we first walked in the store and wanted me to try it. And I think I LOVE it! The only problem is that the sash that was in the picture in the store has been discontinued, so they only had the plain pink satin ribbon. They also had me try on one of the flower girl ribbons :rotfl:

IMG_1991sm.jpg

IMG_1987sm.jpg

IMG_1986sm.jpg

IMG_1988sm.jpg

So? What do you think? This one or the original:

IMG_1435.jpg

The first one is very pretty and princessy. But you look alot happier in the second one. I love the pink on it and the veil. Your DF has good taste.

You do look a lot happier in the one with the pink sash. I think I like the one with the pink better but I like the other one too.You are right the second one you picked out looks better in the add.

I like the new one on you too! So pick whatever one makes you feel better.

The first one (the one in the ad that I posted a pic of yesterday) is definitely out. I'm trying to decide between the poofy one (the one I already bought) and the one with the pink sash. :confused:

I think I like the pink sash one better then your original, but I am drawn to the pick up skirts! Which ever you choose, you will look beautiful!

I like the one with the pink,I think it looks amazing on you and you are glowing in that dress!!!

i think they both are very beautiful and you look great in both. it kind of depends on how fancy your event is but i like the original i think the one with the color you might end up changing your mind. But it is all which you feel the best in. i am a two dress bride and i know how difficult this is. good luck

I like the one with the pink sash! You look very elegant in it and it makes you look very tall and thin. I don't think we can really go off the look on your face, because who knows what stupid expressions we might be making when the picture is snapped.

Which does your fiance prefer? As my fiance kindly reminded me the other day, he is really the one you should be worried about looking your best for.

The dress you tried on with the pick-up skirt (pink ribbon) looks a lot like the one I got. Mine also had a pickup skirt and was strapless but formed a little differently on my body (And the skirt was formed a little different).

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2664&prodgroup=127
here it is

I didnt see the model version of the dress that everyone says looks different so ill have to go and check it out.

Personally im not too fond of the first one you showed earlier (the one that you said your face said it all)-- I do like the one with the pink sash though!

I've read the warnings on here from other brides. I've read articles all over the internet. Even my own common sense told me, "Once you've bought your dress, STOP looking at other gowns!"

And what did I do? I was looking for flower girl dresses on davidsbridal.com and I thought there wouldn't be any harm in seeing if there were any new dresses. And then I saw this.

dress1-1.jpg

dress2-1.jpg

I started looking at dresses before I was even engaged, and I fell in love with the dress I ended up buying. I loved the big poofy skirt, and I liked that the bodice was cuffed at the top: I am lacking in the chest department and felt like all the other strapless tops really emphasized that :rotfl:

However, I've seen soooo many other girls with "my" dress that it doesn't really feel special anymore. There's a girl in Randy Chapman's portfolio in that dress, I've seen it for sale on eBay by at least 3 different girls, and I've seen it on other wedding planning sites. Even when I was trying it on in the store, a woman came up to me and told me how beautiful it was... her daughter-in-law wore it 2 years ago. At the time it didn't faze me, but now it kind of does. I know that's the risk I run buying from David's Bridal, and there's a chance the same thing could happen with this new dress as well.

I showed it to DF and his first reaction was that it looked too "old" and the shrug reminded him of a doily (sp?). After awhile of looking at it, though, he admitted that he really could see me wearing it and he was just trying to hate it so that I wouldn't have to make a choice :lmao: He suggested that we go to DB tomorrow and try it on to see if there's even any reason to consider it -- I could end up hating it once I see it in person.

At first, I hated the pick-up skirts that are popular now, but they're really starting to grow on me. This one especially doesn't seem as dramatic as others that I've seen, and I love the little shrug (even though I know I would probably be dying in the August heat).

The money worries me because we're on a budget. My original dress was $499 on sale and this one is $699. Supposedly there's some kind of sale going on at DB this month, so it would probably be $649. I would, of course, try to sell the original dress, but I would still be waaaaaay over my $600 dress budget. DF said not to worry about it -- it's a once in a lifetime expense and I should have the dress I really want and feel most comfortable with.

I would have to buy all new accessories as I don't think the current pink ones really go with this style dress. Or maybe they would if I got the pink sash? And I don't think a veil would look right either, so I would have to sell that as well.

Help?

Holy Moly that dress does look a lot different!! But hey-- if you had never went to DB you would have always wondered what if! You personally look great in all of the dresses-- so whichever you pick you will make it beautiful!

Thanks so much for all the opinions! When I said, "I think my face says it all" I meant that I hated the way that dress looked, LOL. I was so upset that it looked NOTHING like I thought it would.

DF is torn. He really, really likes the original (poofy) dress, but I think part of it is because that's the first dress he saw me in. He agrees that that's a small part of it. He's not a big fan of the pick-up skirt, and he thinks that the plain pink ribbon is exactly that: too plain. He wants to look around and see if we can find a more detailed ribbon to add something to the dress. I've looked and haven't found anything yet.

After work, I'm going to gather up all my accessories and try on the original (poofy) dress with EVERYTHING: veil, tiara, necklace, earrings (well, one earring, since one of my holes has closed and I need to get it re-pierced). Then we'll take a picture of me all done up and see what we think. He also wants to take the jewelry and tiara back to DB and try on the pink sash dress with everything, too. I'm not sure if they'll let you do that, though?

Part of what appeals to me about the pink sash dress is that there is a matching flower girl dress and I think that would look really cute. DF likes that idea as well. He also likes the way the tux with the pink tie and vest looks with this dress.

So many factors!! I'll keep you all posted since I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats LOL ;)

Thanks so much for all the opinions! When I said, "I think my face says it all" I meant that I hated the way that dress looked, LOL. I was so upset that it looked NOTHING like I thought it would.

DF is torn. He really, really likes the original (poofy) dress, but I think part of it is because that's the first dress he saw me in. He agrees that that's a small part of it. He's not a big fan of the pick-up skirt, and he thinks that the plain pink ribbon is exactly that: too plain. He wants to look around and see if we can find a more detailed ribbon to add something to the dress. I've looked and haven't found anything yet.

After work, I'm going to gather up all my accessories and try on the original (poofy) dress with EVERYTHING: veil, tiara, necklace, earrings (well, one earring, since one of my holes has closed and I need to get it re-pierced). Then we'll take a picture of me all done up and see what we think. He also wants to take the jewelry and tiara back to DB and try on the pink sash dress with everything, too. I'm not sure if they'll let you do that, though?

Part of what appeals to me about the pink sash dress is that there is a matching flower girl dress and I think that would look really cute. DF likes that idea as well. He also likes the way the tux with the pink tie and vest looks with this dress.

So many factors!! I'll keep you all posted since I'm sure you're on the edge of your seats LOL ;)

Let me know if they let you take it back. I tried taking back my veil because i spent 300 dollars on it and didnt know the price before i got out o fthe door-- and they wouldnt let me (which i thought was super crappy because i had only gotten to my car and then immediately walked back in so it wasnt as though i wore it and returned it or anything). GL:thumbsup2

the matching dresses are always awesome, and that pink ribbon dress looks incredible on you!

Let me know if they let you take it back. I tried taking back my veil because i spent 300 dollars on it and didnt know the price before i got out o fthe door-- and they wouldnt let me (which i thought was super crappy because i had only gotten to my car and then immediately walked back in so it wasnt as though i wore it and returned it or anything). GL:thumbsup2

DB doesn't take returns at all. The only thing they'll let you do is exchange your dress for the exact same dress in a different size. I had to do that because the saleswoman originally talked me into a size 6 which was way too tight. I ended up exchanging it for an 8 instead.

I'm hoping that if I end up buying this new dress, I can sell the old one either on eBay or craigslist or something. The only good thing is that this new one is $100 cheaper than the one I already bought, so it won't be putting me too too much over budget. Especially if I can sell the original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter