tightened security

pal2pluto

Has a hidden stash of Trentino Moscato!
Just wanted to give you all a heads up: When we cruised in January, the metal detector was located just inside the hallway before you board the ship and there was a dog sniffing carry on bags.

However, last week when we went, there are lines formed outside of the building, and you must walk through the metal detector just as you enter the building.....looks and feels a lot like the airport......quite a number of security officials there.

Also, we usually secure our checked bags w/ zip ties, you know, those plastic ties the tighten and must be cut off in order to open your bag. Then in the front pocket of a checked bag, we keep a leatherman in a pouch. This system was recommended in the Ultimate packing list that is noted here often. It's a great system, and we've never had problems w/airlines. However, this last trip, the leatherman was confiscated by the cruise line and kept at the terminal until we returned. We were lucky enough to keep a pair of nail clippers in our carry on bag to use to cut open our bags. It's no biggie, but just wanted to make everyone aware. The cruise line is really taking security seriously.

From what I understand, DH can drop me off with luggage and go park the car. I can take his papers and passport and check in and then meet him at the embarkation line. He enters terminal showing his drivers license and meets me on line. Now it seems to me that no one will be checking his ID before boarding. Does he need to show ID again before getting on the ship? This has been puzzling me.....how does DCL know that he is the guy on the cruise docs. if they didn't see him at check in??

Arlene:confused:

Arlene, when you husband goes to park the car he must have a photo id and his cruise documents with him in order to get into the terminal. You will not be able to check both of you in. He will have to check himself in once he parks the car and then he can join you in line.

We were going to do the "hubby drop off car Ann check in " routine too but now that seems like more of a pain than it's worth. We will just ride the shuttle with our luggage together from avis.

And just for a small clarification, Any kind of knife has never been allowed onboard, and that includes the ones integrated into a Leatherman or similar plier/multitools, checked luggage or no.

DH dropped us off w/luggage at the appropriate spot at the terminal and then went to Avis. He only had his license with him to get in the terminal and had no problem. While he was doing all that, I checked us in and got the KTTW card for myself and daughter, however, they would not give his to me until he showed up in person.

Oh, and another security sight......while we were docked at both nassau and CC, one of the life boats was in the water, keeping a security watch on the boat. We were told it is normal procedure right now. Personally, I appreciate it all.

I feel better. I thought there was some glitch in the system. I feel secure that no one can get someone else's card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter