Time for an easy-access runDisney forum on DIS?

MickeyMinnieMom

If you ticket it, they will come... ;)
Is it just me, or has the time come for this? With these races becoming increasingly popular, why not an easy-access forum called "runDisney" on the main list, instead of the current "Just For Fun" > "W.I.S.H."> "Events/Competition"?? It's like a maze that most users wouldn't even know is there!!! Just a suggestion... :)

I think that's a good idea.

A couple of years ago I was looking for info on the Princess half, and I ended up asking on the main parks board if there was a specific board for Disney races. I knew there had to be one--but never would have thought to look under W.I.S.H. (I had never even looked at what W.I.S.H. stood for--at passing glance I thought it had something to do with the "Make a Wish" program)

I think that's a good idea. A couple of years ago I was looking for info on the Princess half, and I ended up asking on the main parks board if there was a specific board for Disney races. I knew there had to be one--but never would have thought to look under W.I.S.H. (I had never even looked at what W.I.S.H. stood for--at passing glance I thought it had something to do with the "Make a Wish" program)

Same here -- exactly!!

I agree! Unless I knew it was there I would really not be able to find (and I even can't most of the time and I do know it is there)

I agree. Although I pretty much just come here directly at this point, I can't remember how I found it in the first place. I suspect I found it via googling after I decided to enter my first rD race, rather than drilling down from the main Disboards menu as an existing Disboards member (which I was).

It's tough, because this basically all started with WISHers who created a running team and began attending events, so I understand it being a subforum of WISH, but I would agree that the lion's share of what is under Events/Competition is discussion about runDisney and its events. It feels a little odd to me as well to click through just to get here.

It's tough, because this basically all started with WISHers who created a running team and began attending events, so I understand it being a subforum of WISH, but I would agree that the lion's share of what is under Events/Competition is discussion about runDisney and its events. It feels a little odd to me as well to click through just to get here.

Exactly. While I completely understand that this was how the forum came to be, I think that it's more than time for a change. I've been on DIS since 2007 and had no idea a runDisney discussion was ongoing anywhere on these boards. I posted a question about it elsewhere on the board and was directed here. Seems like that shouldn't be necessary.

I had been reading the Theme Parks forums for years, but this is the board that inspired me to join. I love Disney and I love running - perfect spot for me. :goodvibes

I love how supportive everyone is over here.

I had been reading the Theme Parks forums for years, but this is the board that inspired me to join. I love Disney and I love running - perfect spot for me. :goodvibes

I love how supportive everyone is over here.

ITA! Would just be nice if it was more easily accessible and easy for all to find their way to it. :)

thank you for taking the time and effort to clean this up. I never would have found this part of the forum with out google.

thank you for taking the time and effort to clean this up. I never would have found this part of the forum with out google.

My pleasure! Just seems like people are undoubtedly being left out of this fun by just not knowing it's here ! :)

I too thought that WISH Was for discussing make a wish trips. The only way I found my way over here was by searching for the Wine & Dine half marathon and finally found the right thread.

Well, I emailed the suggestion to the moderators... here's hoping they think it's a good idea, too! pixiedust: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter