Time limit on posts, can't edit profile, and can't initiate conversations -- requesting assistance

Wiltony

Recently Reformed Troublemaker
Hi, I've noticed some weirdness with my account lately:
  • I can't initiate private conversations
  • Can't edit my profile
  • At the bottom of some threads it says "you can reply to this post in 4 minutes and 30 seconds," with apparently some kind of count-down.
    • (I hadn't been posting frequently or anything -- I don't see how it could be some kind of spam mitigation but who knows?)
I've never experienced things like this before and was wondering if it's site-wide or something with my profile specifically. I appreciate your assistance!

Edit: just after posting this message, my "countdown" until I can post again is now 47 minutes!!!??

Have you received any infractions lately? Some of those items are things that get locked if a poster has a certain level of infraction points. The limit on posts/timing can sometimes hit anybody.

Thanks for the response. How do I tell if I have infractions?

You should have received a notification at the time of the infraction. But if you don't recall, just click on your username in any post. There will be tabs for Latest Activity and Postings and About - and if you have any Warnings. Your tag under your username is showing as "Registered" which makes me think you may have limited access due to infractions.

Very strange! Again, thanks for your help. I don't see anything there about warnings or infractions or anything. I guess wait for a webmaster?

Edit: and again, I have a 28 min countdown timer before I can respond. So if I don't respond immediately to any follow up, that's why.

Just to provide some resolution to this for others who may encounter this issue:

A forum administrator reached out to me and let me know that I did end up being on some kind of "probation" for a heated exchange I had with another member earlier this month.

Unfortunately there is nothing on your profile that indicates this status, points assessed, expiration, or anything of the sort, which is why I was confused. Someone just has to tell you if this happens, (and they let me know it will expire in a few weeks.)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter