Time to report in AM Eastern

St. Thomas Immigration Procedures for U.S. Citizens

Wednesday Morning: US Immigrations requires that All U.S. Citizens proceed to: The Walt Disney Theartre (Deck 4, Forward)

Guests on Morning Shore Excursions: 6:30am
All Other Guests: 7:00am - 8:00am

This info was for U.S. Citizens, I believe Non U.S. Citizens had to meet at Rockin' Bar D at 6am.

Are those DCL arranged excursions only? We have contracted for a private daysail and would like to leave the ship as early as we can. But I know typically the DCL excursion folks get to get off first.

Thanks

From what I read in my Navigator and the letter that was in our stateroom, if you have an excursion before 9am, than you should go to the 6:30am Immigration meeting. Our excursion left at 9:15am and we arrived at 6:50am, just to be on the safe side.

What if for some reason you do not leave the ship that day. Do you still need to go?

Originally posted by noseybuddy
What if for some reason you do not leave the ship that day. Do you still need to go?

Whether you leave the ship or not, "EVERYONE" including the smallest baby to the eldest cruiser, must present themselves before the Immigration Officials.

UGH That is the one change on the Magic that I do not look forward to. THis is the first time we are doing the Eastern since 911.

This was our first eastern since 911 also and I was really dreading it, but I have a husband who sometimes doesn't move fast enough in the morning unless he has a reason. Well this was the reason and it did help me to get him moving and off the ship early to go to Megans Bay. It was really good because we were the lucky Magic cruise that had to tender and that took an extra 40 minutes from ship to shore.

Hey Markey that is a good way to look at it. A sort of forced but guaranteed early start.I feel much better.:)

OK so on St. Thomas what time can you get off the ship if you don't have a DCL cruise? We have a group that has rented a boat for the day and want to get off asap but am not sure do they sometimes use a tender or always use a tender? We are hoping to be off by 8:30 - 8:40 am but find the navigators posted a little vague about this. Any info would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Grumbo

I believe the all clear to go ashore was around 8:45, if my memory serves me well, but don't hold me to that. Anyone else remember for sure? I know I was in the Internet Cafe when the announcement was given, fancy that!!!

From what I was told the Magic has to tender every 6 weeks, don't even remember where I heard it. We did not have an excursion from DCL, just went to Megan's Bay on our own. We were sitting on the boat by 8:20. This was after we went and sat in the theater and waited for our turn, took about 15 minutes. Then we sat on the boat waiting for excursion people, we left the side of the Magic at 8:40 and the ride took about 10 minutes. So our experience took us 45 minutes to get off the ship and to shore on St. Thomas. Immigrations took us about 20-25 minutes, went there at 7:10, quick breakfast at Topsiders and off we went.

SO Markey we could anticipate being on the dock at around 8:30 am?
We have to catch a cab on the dock and just want to be sure (close anyway :) ) about our timing.
It is a 20 minute cab ride from the dock, and we are set for 9:00 am sailing so 8:30 am would be fine.
Cheers,
Grumbo

We were there about 8:45, and we had the long wait sitting on the boat waiting for excursion people. So I think 8:30-8:45 is a good estimate. Just remember, you cannot leave the ship until it is cleared by immigrations, so if someone does not show up everyone waits. Verandaha Man just said he thinks his cruise was not cleared until 8:45, but then he could just walk off, I don't think his ship had to tender. Manybe some more would like to chime in with their time frames.

Originally posted by markey
We were there about 8:45, and we had the long wait sitting on the boat waiting for excursion people. So I think 8:30-8:45 is a good estimate. Just remember, you cannot leave the ship until it is cleared by immigrations, so if someone does not show up everyone waits. Verandaha Man just said he thinks his cruise was not cleared until 8:45, but then he could just walk off, I don't think his ship had to tender. Manybe some more would like to chime in with their time frames.

No, we did not have to tender at St. Thomas on our cruise!!! My sister would have never gotten off the ship if we had to tender!!!

Remeber I was in the Internet Cafe, and I lose all track of time when I'm in there, so I was merely estimating at the all ashore call announcement time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter