Timing of things from Point A to B (experts needed)

berlymama2

Earning My Ears
Okay I know many of you must have this down to a science. I am trying to get an idea of timing for parks, meals etc...
1. How long does the monorail take to get to the Contemporay from MK?
2. How long............to get from DHS to Downtown Disney?
3. How long.....AK park to AKL?

Thanks!

In all honesty there is no exact science for these times. It can vary greatly depending on time of day, number of people waiting for transportation, number of buses, boats, monorails running at any time etc... So all in all just give yourself more time than you think you need to get somewhere.

1. Once on the monorail its about 3 minutes( but keep in mind you may have to wait for the monorail to arrive)
2. I would say if you had a 5:00 dinner planned at DTD and you were at DHS I would probably be on my way out of the park by 3:30(keep in mind you need to go to a resort first in order to get to DTD).
3. Again once you are on the bus its just a few minute ride, however you could wait as long as 30 min. or more to get a bus.

Great info- just what we needed...I have been to Disney many times but always stayed off-site with nearby family so this is a whole new experience for our family and I am traveling with two small children (2 and under) so that has its challenges!

As far as going to a resort to get to DTD which one is the best choice from DHS?

Probably Saratoga springs.
You may want to consider renting a car- it can be pretty expensive but if you can find a deal and get one cheaply it can make things easier for planning purposes(especially with 2 young kids).We used to get a rental all the time but have to admit that it has become cost prohibitive but its an idea. Oh and have a great time!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter