Tinkerbell Pin Trade *RARE*

GregC

Veteran DisneyGo'er
At least I think it's rare, a special cast member gave this to me awhile ago and said not everyone gets these or something.It is in MINT condition and never opened the package. What I need is a Haunted Mansion pin or a Space Mountain Pin in trade. Show me what you got..Thanks~!:flower3:

DSC04576_resize.jpg

DSC04577_resize.jpg

It says "Where dreams come true" on the pin in case you can't read it.

My kids got 2 of these each on our trip in Jan.08. They are given out by CM in a set of two. They told them "one to keep and one to trade!" It was a part of the year of a million dreams celebration I think.

My son does not like Tink so he traded both of his, but my daughter loved them and kept one! :)

Unfortunately, this pin isn't all that rare. Over on Pin Pics, where it's listed as Pin 54034, there are 134 people offering it for trade and only 32 wanting it. It does help that the pin is still on its original backing card, though, so you might find people willing to trade for it. Are there any HM or SM pins you're looking for in particular?

Yeah a HM pin with the hitchhiking ghosts in front with house in background...or a generic Space Mtn with the ride vehicles zooming in front of the dome.

Unfortunately, this pin isn't all that rare. Over on Pin Pics, where it's listed as Pin 54034, there are 134 people offering it for trade and only 32 wanting it. It does help that the pin is still on its original backing card, though, so you might find people willing to trade for it. Are there any HM or SM pins you're looking for in particular?

Well to disagree a little, i think that those pins are rare even though people are trading them. When i was a cast member there were only so many of these pins that we were given to pass out as a part of the Year of a Million Dreams. So they aren't putting any more out into circulation. So to me they are rare (or will become rare over time, since the YOMD just ended)and people are just trading or selling them, thinking that you can just buy them from stores. After all on the back of that pin it does say "Exclusive Pixie Dust Pin"

Also something else that i just realized is, do not get the picture of the pin on the first post confused with Pin # 52813 on: http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=52813&sid=6968.1232051073.v2
These pins are different !!!. The one shown on the first post and is Pin # 54034 on pinpics.com is the rare pin, Pin # 52813 on pinpics.com is not.

Well, I guess they are as rare as the Am Ex pins were about 6 years ago. ;) And you don't see those any longer. :confused3

There is more than one version of this pin out (I think 3 all together?). One is a dark blue version. In any case these pins were given by CM during the YOMD promo. They came on a backing one for you, one for me. These were "award" pins usually given by a CM when a CM saw someone doing a good deed in the park. These are exclusive pins which only so many of them were made and given. If you received one "naturally" from a CM I wouldn't trade it because that reason alone why the CM gave it to you gives it value = a memory! I have 3 of these pins - two different versions from my 2007 trip. I love them all! I'm actually going to give one to someone that helped me recently who is goingto be down there the same time we are. They gave me a Chef Mickey's reservation when I couldnt find one and needed one so badly! To me, they helped make my child's dreams come true so it's worth it to me to give it.

:banana:
Happy Dreaming!

-T

There are actually four different pixie dusts pins that were created during the "two" years of the "Year" of the Million dreams promotion. Personally, no I didn't think the pins are rare. I have seen lots of all four pixie dust pins on cast member lanyards.

I was at WDW last week and the pixie dust pins were still being given out by cast members. My niece received two and I traded for a bunch off of lanyards. So I am thinking the CM's still have lots of Pixie Dust pins to get rid of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter