Tip for Seaworld ?

pandora174

DIS Veteran
We're 10/21 to 10/22 to Seaworld. Got the online special of buy 1 one day ticket & get the 2nd day free !! Staying at the Radisson for $40/night, thanks to Priceline. I've heard about that Atlantis ride. But I'm scared of drops. Is it really bad ? Any rides or shows anyone would really recommend. Any tips will be most appreciated. Thanks :-):pinkbounc :D :bounce:

SeaWorld only has two real rides and they both involve drops. Threre is also a simulator type ride with the polar bear exhibit. The park is very relaxing. Feed the dolphins, pet the rays, definitely see the Shamu show. Also go see Clyde and Symour show. We had lunch at the Bimini Bay Cafe and enjoyed it very much. Get a map when you first go in the park--it lists the times of all the shows. Then you can plan your day.

The pet show is really good. Many of the animal performers are from local pounds which makes the show that much more special. There are drops in the Atlantis ride, but my 5 yr old was ok with them so I don't think they are that intense. He was more afraid of the dark parts of the ride where you are just drifting in a tunnel. You should at least try it once. The water slows you down pretty quick. Something a roller coaster can't do.

The drop on Atlantis is your standard water flume drop....you're in a pretty good sized boat instead of the log flumes like Splash Mountain at WDW. Still, you will probably get wet. Atlantis is a pretty cool combo of roller coaster and floating ride....I'd suggest it if the line is not too long.

Kracken on the other hand is a real thrill ride. You might want to pass on that....I'm guessing that if you don't like drops, you might not like going upside down and through spirals and curves that whip you around.

All the shows are great. The Shamu (killer whale) is the trademark show. The sea lion show is a riot. The water ski show is entertaining. They do tend to time them so you can't just go from one show to another. But with two days you will be able to see everything.

Have a great trip.

JTA is not bad at all. The drop is good, but not heart pounding, and the "roller coaster" part to it is mainly a small, very small hill, and that is it...

Kraken, well I love coasters, and that was the most intense coaster I have even been in my life... My brain hurt after that one.

I loved Clyde and Seamore show, the show is cute, and the mime (preshow) is hysterical. We also liked the Big Chill Shamu show as well.

When you are there be sure and stop by 'Terrors of the Deep' which is the large indoor aquarium exhibit which has all types of sea life swimming around; along with the penquins that are nearby here.

Another show to catch would be the indoor 'Cirque' show that features a host of stage performers doing all sorts of acrobatic dance in elaborate costume. It was very entertaining when we saw it last summer.

When examining your park map for the exact times of all the shows, I would probably arrive at the very minimum of 10 min before show time especially if you want a certain area of seating but preferrably even before that because the stands can fill up surprisingly pretty quickly.

In regards to the Shamu show, when the announcer gives the wet warning for first 14 rows (I believe) getting soaked during Shamu's splashing during a portion of this show, it is definitely for real. The audience members in those seats will get drenched.

Also, this is very beautiful park so definitely bring a camera along because there all lots of great photo opportunities to be taken advantage of and a camcorder if you have one.

Hope this helps; have a great time!

I'd say atlantis should rate low on yr fear factor... my daughter, who is a bit of a fraidy cat about coasters etc loved this ride!!! she said just seeing the inside was 'really cool'... well worth the wait, which wasn't all that long, we headed there first thing when we arrived. if she'll ride it, it's a piece of cake!

I will say this much for the Shamu show...It is no guarantee you will get wet in the first 14 rows. We attended 3 separate shows, sat in the "wet" section for all 3, and did not get a drop on us.

Now there were some folks who were completely drenched from the killer whale's splashing, but I would say 60% of the "wet" section did not get wet at all. It seemed to depend on where the whale decided to splash.

By the way...the show was great as was the entire park!

And my hands still smell like fish :)

I highly recommend dropping the $3-$4 to feed the dolphins, rays, and seals and sea lions (though watch out in the seal/sea lion feeding, a greedy water bird stole the whole tray of fish right out of my boyfriend's hand).

I had a fabulous time, I hadn't been since I was 12, and boy what a difference! We took advantage of the 2nd day free ticket, and we still didn't get around to everything.

We are usually huge thrill ride go-ers, but didn't feel in the mood at all for Krakken today. When we went on Atlantis we were rather disappointed. The sound in the ride wasn't right, so the "storyline" would have been completely lost on us if we hadn't read reviews of the ride beforehand. It has rather a steep drop, and then has a few thrill ride surprises, so if you aren't up for such things, don't feel like you are missing anything. There are plenty of other things in Sea World to keep you happy and busy.

We went to the Shamu show twice and sat in the soak zone and didn't get wet, BUT we did pay attention to where the trainer was telling Shamu to go next so we were ready to move if we saw the trainer pointing our way. By the way, the LAST Shamu show of the day is definitely the best, (it was at 5:45pm today), luckily a friendly employee at the Tropical Reef interactive pool gave us the good advice on that one.

We also took the Polar Exhibition backstage tour, and it was excellent! Our tour guide Shaun was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic and it was obvious he loved what he was doing and wanted to share his love for the animals with us. You get to pet a penguin at the end of the tour, which will make me smile thinking about it for ages. The tour itself was only $8.00, and when we got our tickets in the mail, included were coupons for $1.00 the tours, so it is a REAL bargain. Get there early to book in for a tour time though, they fill up quickly.

The Clyde and Seymour show was CLOSED however, and will be till December. I feel like a doofus for not checking in here first about that, but I just assumed it would be open. Ah well, something for next time!

It's all so fresh in my mind I could write for ages, but I tend to babble on anyway. Suffice it to say I wish I was going back tomorrow!

I'd like to single out Cirque de la Mer. Very good acrobats and the boxing match routine is one of the funniest things you'll see in Orlando.

I agree on Cirque de la Mer. We loved it. The boxing match was hysterical. The guys really got into it. The acrobats were amazing. Also, we were there in July and appreciated the air conditioned theater!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter