tip. tricks, and secrets to the Royal Pacific Hotel

surgefest

DIS Veteran
we will be staying overnight at the Royal Pacific Hotel for the first time on our upcoming trip. What are some of the things we should look for... lookout for.. things you may not realize unless being a veteran to the resort... thanks for any and all help

check out the torch lighting ceremony...which I think is at dusk...(maybe 6:30) by the pool. Im not sure if it was every night though. There were signs by the pool. also by the pool on certain nights is the 'dive in movie' they set up a big screen and play a movie while you can swim or relax on the chairs. This is the place we mostly stay when we go and ill try to think of more and post later.

They have a kids activity every hour...it varies from water ballon toss to hulla hoops, etc.

They also have 3 wings, I can't remember the names but the wing on the left when you first walk in has the smoking and pet friendly rooms so if you don't want to be around either of those I would suggest requesting one of the other 2 wings at the hotel.

If you like Sushi you need to stop over at the Orchid Bar, DH and I like to relax over there one night and have a couple of different Sushi Rolls.

If you haven't stayed at one of the onsite resorts before they have the Keurig Coffee makers so if you want, buy a variety pack of the K Cups or something you like. We pick up Hot Cocoa for the kids, and will prob bring some of DH favorites...he doesn't mind Emeril's brand but it is a darker roast than he normally drinks.

There some more, we enjoy the walk and the walkway pops out right at margarittaville so that is a plus :)

If you need directions to anywhere from your on site hotel don't forget to see the conceirge desk! If you ask for example for directions to get to sea world they will give you a pre-printed card with instruction to on the front and return on the back. These little cards have been helpful to me. They direction cards for most of the major points of interest.

AND

Between 3-5pm infront of the check in desk the hotel usually offers a lemonade or punch of some kind. It's free and yummy.

If you are arriving on a birthday or anniversary of someone in your party be sure to tell the front desk at check in. Most of the time they leave nice little gifts or food or treats for the person for free. This is not a guarantee but it does sometimes happen.

There's a restaurant/bar located at the Royal Pacific called Jake's American Bar. It opens at 3pm daily. On some nights, they have karaoke; and other nights, they have a live band.

If you're in either tower 1 or 2, and plan to walk to Citywalk or to one of the parks, cut through the pool area to shave a few minutes off your walk.

They have a kids activity every hour...it varies from water ballon toss to hulla hoops, etc.

They also have 3 wings, I can't remember the names but the wing on the left when you first walk in has the smoking and pet friendly rooms so if you don't want to be around either of those I would suggest requesting one of the other 2 wings at the hotel.

If you like Sushi you need to stop over at the Orchid Bar, DH and I like to relax over there one night and have a couple of different Sushi Rolls.

If you haven't stayed at one of the onsite resorts before they have the Keurig Coffee makers so if you want, buy a variety pack of the K Cups or something you like. We pick up Hot Cocoa for the kids, and will prob bring some of DH favorites...he doesn't mind Emeril's brand but it is a darker roast than he normally drinks.

There some more, we enjoy the walk and the walkway pops out right at margarittaville so that is a plus :)

My wife liked that their Keurig so much that I got her one for Christmas. I'll use it every now and then to make myself hot chocolate.

My wife liked that their Keurig so much that I got her one for Christmas. I'll use it every now and then to make myself hot chocolate.

Ha :rotfl2: we didn't even make it out of Florida before I had to buy one for DH. Luckily we drove last year so we had lots of room for that huge box. :lmao:

Am taking notes here in antipation of my first US visit this fall...

So, if you want to avoid the smoking/pet rooms, do you call the hotel direct and have them put a note on your reservation a week or two in advance? (Like you do for a Disney room request?)

Am taking notes here in antipation of my first US visit this fall...

So, if you want to avoid the smoking/pet rooms, do you call the hotel direct and have them put a note on your reservation a week or two in advance? (Like you do for a Disney room request?)

Yes. Tell them you don't want Tower 2 where the pets are. Some people are allergic and that's the reason for the seperation.

Surgefest, thanks for posting the question!

I'm loving this thread and learning tons, so keep the great tips coming. They are appreciated!

If you fly Southwest, stop by the hotel's concierge desk 24 hours before departure and have them check you in on your flight, if you are incapable of doing it yourself. Be sure to have your flight reservation number with you. They will print out your boarding pass while you wait.

If you buy coffee at the Orchid court at Breakfast, you get free refills till 11am weekdays, and till 12 noon on Sat & Sun

If you plan to eat at CityWalk make sure you ask the Concierge desk for some coupons! We stayed for a week and had been making dining reservations via the phone, it was only on our 5th day that someone told us on the phone to pop down to the Concierge as they have a range of discount coupons for the restaurants. They had coupons for Hard Rock, Nascar, free gift at Margaritaville and a few others that I can't remember right now.

If you plan to eat at CityWalk make sure you ask the Concierge desk for some coupons! We stayed for a week and had been making dining reservations via the phone, it was only on our 5th day that someone told us on the phone to pop down to the Concierge as they have a range of discount coupons for the restaurants. They had coupons for Hard Rock, Nascar, free gift at Margaritaville and a few others that I can't remember right now.

NICE!:thumbsup2

Used these coupons last year, and more for this year, dicount is better than my AP, also one for The Islands at RPR for free beer or glass of wine
http://www.orlandocoupons.com/directory_view.php?ad_id=10

The coupon says "one offer per coupon, per person, per visit". What exactly does that mean? Do you get 20% off the meal of only one person in the party? Can one family use multiple coupons for the same dinner to cover more than one person? TIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter