• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tipping on tastings?

KnitchyFingers

Earning My Ears
I'm planning out our cruise budget and the cash I need to take. We are signed up for the champagne tasting on board. Do people usually tip for that? Is there an extra gratuity added on to the price? Do people just give the bartender/sommelier cash? Nothing at all?

I'm planning out our cruise budget and the cash I need to take. We are signed up for the champagne tasting on board. Do people usually tip for that? Is there an extra gratuity added on to the price? Do people just give the bartender/sommelier cash? Nothing at all?
I think that we tipped but just put it on the chit you sign. Never used cash at all onboard even for tipping. It’s possible that there is/was an autogratuity on top of the fees or maybe it was included as part of the price but I usually tip on top of the autogratuity anyway.

The gratuity was included in the cost of the tasting for all ones we've done on past cruises (much like how the gratuity is automatically included when you order drinks in the bars).

That said, some people did tip additionally to the bartender (much like they do when ordering drinks).

When we were on the WISH everyone did get a receipt to sign where you could add a gratuity and none was shown. That was the first time I was ever given one.

When we were on the WISH everyone did get a receipt to sign where you could add a gratuity and none was shown. That was the first time I was ever given one.
I had the same experience on tha Magic in the summer. On the Fantasy in December I did get nothing to sign. To be honest, I am npt sure if tipping in the summer was a mistake as it might already been included but it was to trick us in giving additional tips.

As many have already responded, tipping is included in the cost.

We have done many tastings with all the cruises we have done including our most recent cruise, a B2B on the Disney Wish over Christmas and we did not receive a receipt after any of them. We never added an additional tip following the tasting but as a previous poster wrote; if a receipt had been handed out with the option to add an additional tip, I would have for several of the presenters as they were particularly good/entertaining. Cheers!!!!!

As many have already responded, tipping is included in the cost.

We have done many tastings with all the cruises we have done including our most recent cruise, a B2B on the Disney Wish over Christmas and we did not receive a receipt after any of them. We never added an additional tip following the tasting but as a previous poster wrote; if a receipt had been handed out with the option to add an additional tip, I would have for several of the presenters as they were particularly good/entertaining. Cheers!!!!!
Freddy and Big momma, being two of them..

We alway ask for a bill so we can add extra tip. Usually do about $10 per person. Last cruise on the Wonder they said ‘no, we don’t usually do that’ which was odd because we always do that, and the wonder is they ship we cruise on most. Anyway. I had $20 cash so I handed him that.

Kinda bummed we didn’t do a tasting on the Wish with Freddy. He was great the couple times we had him on the Wonder!

Funny how the experience on this is so different. We have always been given a receipt and tipped

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter