tipping

:rotfl::rotfl:

I must just be wrong, and obviously needed to be told the correct way to do things:rotfl:;) ;) Never mind, lets all just have fun:):goodvibes

I agree with everything that everybody said. Apart from when that person said that thing that I disagreed with completely, to the point that I almost ended up agreeing with no-one when it would have been just as easy to disagree with everyone.

And I'm not tight - just fortunate enough to have been educated by my American friends as to the correct way to tip. (I wonder if we posted this thread on the US section of the Dis what the response would be?)

Funny
;)
It's ok to be tight rather than foolhardy! There is a recession you know.

Hey, I agree with you all too!

(Still not sure how the thread shifted to laundry).

Tight people are tight whatever the financial situation.

We went on holiday to Orlando, with who I consider to be the tightest person I have ever met.

This was pre kids and our party consisted of two married couples. He and his wife has seperate bank accounts and he had drawn up a plan of who was paying for what daily.

In Ponderosa, he actually collected as many discount cards as possible and took pocket full of mints, to save money..

At the Hard Rock Cafe we had a big meal and it was his turn to pay, obviously we were chipping in as it was quite expensive compared to other meals, he offered to pay the tip and threw down 50 cents in change onto the table. This meal had come to over $120 !

I drove all the time and we shared payment for gas, on his turn he gave me $5..

We shared a room for a week and I nearly threw him out the window, such was his tightness and misery. One night I was that xxxxxx with him I actually wiped my backside on his pillow whilst he was out. I've posted the story here once and got a few laughs, but also got the thread deleted.

He'd fit in well on this thread !

I suppose it depends on your definition of tight.

I think that people's circumstances certainly have an effect on how frugal they are with their money. For instance, if someone's job is in danger they are much less likely to be throwing money around.

I certainly don't mind tipping people what they are entitled to. I think the entitlement to tips is more the topic of this thread than the tightness of its contributors.

But now you brought it back to laundry again with the dirty pillow:laundy:

(I wonder if we posted this thread on the US section of the Dis what the response would be?)

There'd be a few of these:

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Then some wild accusations.

Then some off topic ranting about Refillable mugs and pool hopping.

Then some infractions and a good ol' fashioned thread closing.

(having observed, this is pretty much the trend!)

:rotfl::rotfl:

My mum wouldn't tip anybody when she came with us 2 years ago, it got annoying as I had to cover her tips as well as my own. I am actually glad I go on my own now, only have to worry about myself and my DD.

Actually I remember last year we did leave some money out for the maid as we had $1 notes and quarters that weren't getting used up, and when I got home I found them in my DD bag:lmao:

i would add another two penth
but all these 18% are taking there toll
dave rach and the girls

Incidently we launder in the villa, when we stayed in a hotel this year DH got up at 6am to go and do the laundry while me and the kids slept, he then had it all dry and folded by the time we got up! and yes I did tip him! ;) :goodvibes
Oh drat - was hoping you were over there the same time as me so I could 'borrow' your DH for my laundry;)

Well, my views on the :laundy:, given we're turned tipping into laundry are anything for an easy life. I do washing while we're over there - this means less clothes to take and, more importantly, less dirty clothes to have to face when we come home:thumbsup2

I'll also be doing my laundry (well at least some of it) while there. As I'm pretty sure the AKL laundry rom is near the pool, so I'll put it on and pop back and forth on our relaxy days.

We tipped at the end of the 1st week, and at the end of week 2.
We tipped €10 each week, total €20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter