Tips for Adults Only MNSSHP Group

BudgieMama

DIS Veteran
Hi lovely people!

We've found out today we'll be able to go to MNSSHP this year (hooray for those August dates) and we're first timers for the party. We're also an adult group (me 31, and my Mum, 57).

We've never "done" Halloween before in any way- so we're both doing costumes (first time ever for "Halloween" and we're going trick-or-treating for literally the first time in our lives... but is there anything we should know, do, try or avoid as an adult group visiting our first ever MNSSHP?!

Thanks! :)

You're going to have a lot of fun! I've only ever done MNSSHP as an adult and I've always loved it. Advice-wise it really depends on what you like to see and do, but a couple things come to mind.

1. Design your costumes with the heat in mind. Also, if you plan to ride any rides that night (and it's a good time to ride with low waits, and get ride photos in your costumes!), design them with mobility in mind so you don't have a hard time getting in and out of ride vehicles. Check on the WDW website for rules about costumes, too, to be sure you're within the guidelines -- they're not too restrictive iirc, but it probably includes stuff like not covering your face.
2. Arrive early. I'm not positive, but I want to say the earliest they'll let you in on a party ticket is actually 4:00 even though it technically starts at 7:00 -- you'll want to double check that. We did a dinner reservation at the start of the party and ended up losing valuable party time.
3. Prioritize what you want to do. The night is going to go by very quickly, and it's easy to get caught up in one thing and miss another. If you want to do character meets, they'll take up a lot of your time, ditto the shows. Be mindful of the schedule; we missed the opening of the parade because I misremembered the schedule by twenty minutes, and since we'd set ourselves up to watch the second parade rather than the first we didn't get a do-over. The Boo to You Parade is my favorite Disney parade, by the way; it's absolutely charming and full of characters you don't see a lot otherwise.

Last edited:
Yes, you can enter the park at 4pm with your party ticket.

If you want pictures with any of the rare characters, get in line around 5pm. Jack and Sally are the most popular. You can also get them at the end of the night with short lines. You don't want to waste 2-3hrs in the middle of the party for one character. Just make sure you are inline by midnight. Another tip, while you are waiting in lines have one person go out and collect candy :)

We have the 14 day UK tickets so we can hop into MK before our party ticket if we feel like it. It's a very freeing ticket!

Hi lovely people!

We've found out today we'll be able to go to MNSSHP this year (hooray for those August dates) and we're first timers for the party. We're also an adult group (me 31, and my Mum, 57).

We've never "done" Halloween before in any way- so we're both doing costumes (first time ever for "Halloween" and we're going trick-or-treating for literally the first time in our lives... but is there anything we should know, do, try or avoid as an adult group visiting our first ever MNSSHP?!

Thanks! :)

We are too, me 55, DD31 and DGS12! We are actually planning a Universal trip only and the first party falls on our dates. We will taking an Uber for the party!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter