• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

tips on restaurants

It would help if you said what kind of restaurants you might be looking for. Sitdown/counter, family/romantic, etc. Then I will offer whatever help I can.

If I could jump in on this thread. We are there 1st-15th April, family of five (one fussy eater) looking for reasonably priced family sit down restaurants. We will have a rental car so can travel outside of Disney but would need very close parking (have blue badge) or to be able to take wheelchair in to restaurant.

thanks

Sue

Sue & Co. said:
If I could jump in on this thread. We are there 1st-15th April, family of five (one fussy eater) looking for reasonably priced family sit down restaurants. We will have a rental car so can travel outside of Disney but would need very close parking (have blue badge) or to be able to take wheelchair in to restaurant.

thanks

Sue

Mimi's is good, and within walking distance (on Harbor) it has a range of foods that are decently priced.

Within a five minute drive is Red Robin, which has excellent burgers and other stuff, Joe's crab shack and Outback steakhouse. All three are good and reasonably priced.

Also, here is the States, everyplace has "handicapped" parking and wheelchair access (with very few acceptions) as it is the law.

Millie's is the best next to Mimi's. Not expensive at all and not as crowded as IHOP, Denny's and Mimi's. The food is great!

All restaurants in the US have handicapped parking and have ramps or other arrangements to get a wheelchair into the restaurant.
Near the DD and DD hotels area, there is a shopping area called The Crossroads of Lake buena Vista. There are a number of restaurants there, inluding a Perkins Restaurant and a TGI Fridays. Both of them have a good variety of food, are close to the WDW Resorts and are fairly reasonably priced. We have been in both of them with DD in her wheelchair.
If you want more variety, look for the International Drive area. There are lots of restaurants there. Here's a link to the International Drive website dining page.

Hi Yellowangel,
we have eaten at a lot of restaurants outside of Disneyland. Some of them have already been mentioned like Red Robin, Outback Steakhouse (fantastic food), Mimis, Millies, but if you like pizza then try the restaurant at the back of the Hyatt Regency hotel, its Italian but I can't for the life of me remember what its called, but we had a small pizza each and couldn't finish them, thank goodness we didn't have a large one!! it was the best pizza I've ever tasted. Also at either the Embassy Suites or the Crowne Plaza( think its one of those 2), theres a chinese restaurant that has "real" chinese dishes, not like your average take away sweet and sour.
For breakfast, the Hansa House do a lovely breakfast buffet, but our favourite was the Bakers Square, great breakfasts and a really nice breakfast buffet.
Love Ella

SueM in MN said:
All restaurants in the US have handicapped parking and have ramps or other arrangements to get a wheelchair into the restaurant.
Near the DD and DD hotels area, there is a shopping area called The Crossroads of Lake buena Vista. There are a number of restaurants there, inluding a Perkins Restaurant and a TGI Fridays. Both of them have a good variety of food, are close to the WDW Resorts and are fairly reasonably priced. We have been in both of them with DD in her wheelchair.
If you want more variety, look for the International Drive area. There are lots of restaurants there. Here's a link to the International Drive website dining page.

I think you're confused; that's near WDW. This is the Disneyland board (Anahiem, California).

I like Buca Di Bepo which is next to Joe's Crabshack on Harbor Blvd. I would second Mimi's as well.

For take out, you should try El Pollo Loco, which is further down the street on Harbor Blvd. Flame broiled chicken with options of Mexican or American sides. They do have tables to eat in as well but it's counter service.

If you like good Mexican food there is a small place on Harbor thats really yummy and resonable. Los Sanchez. Its just a little further past Joes Crab shack past chapman right across from Target. When I worked down that way we went there all the trime. Very good.

Another option that will give you quite a bit of choices is to head over to the Block of Orange. Right off of Chapman....El Torrito, TGI Friday, Alcatraz, Tu Tu Tango, Dave and Busters, Johnny Rockets, Richies Neighborhood Pizza, Wolfgang puck cafe and a few "food court" type places such as Quiznos, Rubios, starbuck, and Krispy Kremes.

Also on Chapman near the block is Hoff Hut.

also about 5 miles away in Fullerton there is the old spaghetti factory....this place is so neat...and the most expensive thing on their menu is about $7.50...3 of us had dinner, appetizer, drinks and dessert for $40 and that includes the tip

Also in Fullerton, just up Harbor off Orangethrope is a Ruby's. Very tasty burgers and yummy shakes. Cute place to eat.

And I can't forget to add In and Out Burger and Fat Burger. Yummy.

almostGoofy said:
I think you're confused; that's near WDW. This is the Disneyland board (Anahiem, California).
Sorry, I found this thread on a search and misread what board it was on.

Another vote for Mimi's - it's just across the road from Hojo's where we stayed and the food was superb, servings huge and prices good.

But even mid week in early December when Disneyland was empty, it had queues for dinner and breakfast.

We tried Milli's one day but thought it wasn't nearly as good.

We ate at Blue Bayou in Disneyland and loved it and Rainforest cafe (ours was in South Coast Plaza but there's another in Downtown Disney) was also a good experience.

Mimi's is great and has a wide variety of choices on the kid's menu! Stay away from IHOP and Denny's around the resort...they are packed and the prices are sky high compared to others.

Another favorite of mine is Bucca...When I got with four adults, we usually get an order of pasta, a cheese pizza, and a large garlic bread for about $6.50 per person. You really have to pay attention to prices here though because some items are way overpriced.

I was going to mention Old Spaghetti Factory but someone else already did. It's so good, and so cheap for what you get and the quality. Each meal comes with a soup or salad (the creamy pesto dressing is great) an entree and ice cream. Oh and a drink, I think it's like 12.50 for what I usually get with all that included. You also get the normal bread like at most places. You can go straight down Harbor and get to it, theres a big sign for it, it's right before you hit Commonwealth and after Orangethorpe.

The Italian restaurant that i mentioned is called the Bella Maris (its at the back of the Hyatt Regency Orange County hotel) and the fantastic chinese restaurant is at the Marriot hotel (near Joes Crab Shack).
Love Ella

OMG! I miss Mimi's! It's my favorite place to eat when I'm down south. I didn't know there was a Mimi's close to DL. I always eat at the one in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach. Yum!
And El Pollo Loco is my favorite fast food. It's definitely the best. I'd highly recommend either of these places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter