"TIPS" Report

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
This will be a "tips" report...things I wish I knew/glad I knew/found out the hard way on our Magical cruise 1/26/02!

1. If you can't get the spa treatment you want when you want it, call back the next morning! I was sooooo hoping to do the Surial Bath, but it had to happen when the nursery was open. No luck embarkation day (booked Cabana Massage instead). Called Sunday morning, and voila, SURIAL BATH!! Cancelled Cabana Massage (sure I made someone's day!)

2. At lunch, skip the regular buffet line and go straight to the "made to order" station! YUM!

3. Take your own sodas, beer, and wine! We did and it was Terrific! We stopped at the Publix courtesy of Happy Limo (they were unfamiliar with the Publix, but were more than happy to stop there for us!) We had packed a duffel bag in our luggage, pulled it out, put the sodas and beer in it, and "checked" it when we arrived at the Port!
We also had a very small (6 can) soft-sided cooler that we filled with ice-filled PLASTIC bags and took to the lounge chairs and to St. John with us.

4. If you can spare the sink, have your Cabin Steward (Clifford was amazing!) keep one of your sinks full of ice to cool your drinks before you put them in the beverage cooler.

5. Take a CLOCK! Boy did I wish we had a clock for the room! I didn't even have a watch!

6. If you have a baby, ours is 8 months old, take your stroller! She lived in it and everyone was happy! We have the car seat/stroller combination with a complete sun shade. On the sun deck, we took a few towels, attached them to the top of the stroller with those baby links and she was well-protected! Perfect for her nap, we could stay in the sun!!

7. Palos----don't eat there on your first night (you might be disappointed in the regular restaurants) or your last night (in case you get sick!)

8. Order the "All Hands on Deck" cheese and crackers plate from room service the FIRST day! And every day there after like I did!!!

9. Have you cabin steward store your luggage!

10. If you have kids but want a "quiet" sun deck space, go to the deck right above the Quiet Cove pool near the sports deck (basketball courts, etc)

11. Buy the Motorola walkie-talkie things! I about had a heart attack when DH came home with them from Sam's Club, but they were a lifesaver! (Of course, DH now wants to use them EVERYWHERE...the grocery store, etc!)

12. Take Ziploc bags!!

13. If there is a line, take a stroll along the deck for 5 minutes! There would be a line to get into the dining room, I don't understand this! The only line we waited in was to get off the ship on CC to get a hammock and umbrella! That was worth the wait! Make sure you WALK to the beach, do not take the tram if you want a hammock.

14. If you are with another adult and you only want 1 drink, be very clear about this! (This doesn't work when they are 2 for 1 though! ;)

15. Relax and have a GREAT time!

Bryan Susan and Grace

Hi,

"The only line we waited in was to get off the ship on CC to get a hammock and umbrella! That was worth the wait! Make sure you WALK to the beach, do not take the tram if you want a hammock."

Is it quicker to walk? How far down the beach did you have to walk?

Thanks!

great TIPS report mom2grace! I also wish we had brought a clock for our room. I did bring a nite light and kept my watch right next to it for easy reference.

It was great meeting you! Glad you had a great trip!

:bounce:

Dear Jeanie,

It is not too far. The sign says 7 minutes, I would guess 5 minutes. Since I was about the 5th person off the ship, I just walked quickly along with a few other adults who knew what they were doing!

The tram waits until it is full to depart, and then there is a mass exodous to the beach. If you are one of the first, I would walk near Cookies and the bar.

A funny side-note: I walked to the first hammock/umbrella I saw and marked it with my bag. Then I had time to go further down the beach to get a "better" location. So, I offered my first hammock to someone else and they balked!! That was weird! (I thought I was being nice!)

If you have a teenage son, let him trot to the beach!!

Susan

HI mom2grace,

We are traveling with our 5 month old who is bottle-fed. Do you have any other good suggestions for traveling with the baby?

BTW -- your tips are great!

thanks mom2grace, great tips. We'll be sure to use them on our upcoming 5/11 trip. Glad to hear you had a great time. Oh, and yes...I believe you were doing something nice, offering that person your hammock......some people, huh. Strange.

Thanks For the great tips!! I would have liked a clock too!!
Your tips about travelling with a little one were great.
I have some great pictures of grace that our budding photographer alyssa took. I will email this week!!
Nicole, Tim & Alyssa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter