To dining plan or not to dining plan

mauigal

Yay! For the happiest place on earth!
Hi
I can't remember the last time I did WDW without the dining plan. Planning a trip during F&W in October and was wondering....has anyone done a trip with no dining plan after always doing one and did you regret it?!
Thanks so much!

you're asking based on emotional reasons not financial ones. If you are asking for emotional reasons no one else's experience counts but yours. If you want to pay and forget it and are going to be stressed about doling out the cash a little at a time then yes you will regret it. If you are not doing a lot of character meals and have no kids then you will probably come out ahead and have the flexibility to eat the way you want to, esp during F&W when you might consume a lot more snacks and a lot fewer actual meals... and meals you do consume might be specialty events not covered anyway.

Hi Lisa
No, not financial but more that I'm finding it difficult to get into some of the places I want. Like O'hana, 100% not available for any of the days. Also, I was thinking the same thing, that F&W would be mostly snacks! The last time we were there a couple of months ago it seemed like a lot of hurry up and let's leave the park for our ADR! Hmmmm conflicted!

When I calculated it it came out to about $700 in food. I was wondering if we would actually spend that much on food if we didn't do the DP

It probably depends on how many people you're traveling with, and what you plan on eating. I myself wouldn't go without the dining plan, after watching the food totals when we'd cash out ... :earseek:

but I totally agree with you about the hassle. The dining experiences are always worth it... but it was a pain trying to schedule attractions around dining times instead of just being able to eat when we got hungry like we would if it was anywhere but Disney. Lol

We have a family of 5. 3 Disney "adults" and 2 kids. I have calculated it a lot and I don't see how the dining plan will be a better value. I have informed my husband that he needs to agree not to complain about prices when we get there. If not, I will just order the dining plan and he will have to pay more. :) We have a few character meals scheduled, but not every day. We also have Hoop-Dee-Doo, but I still think we will come out saving without the dining plan.

When I calculated it it came out to about $700 in food. I was wondering if we would actually spend that much on food if we didn't do the DP

Do you mean $700 for the plan or $700 OOP or $700 if you order what the plan gives you? Sorry, I'm not understanding. How many people? Any kids? How many NIGHTS? Were you able to get any ADRs that you want to keep and are they breakfast, lunch, or dinner?

With a little more info, we might be able to help you make an informed decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter