• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To Magic Morning or not to Magic Morning

mikat

Mouseketeer
I will be visiting DLR on a Wednesday-Thursday-Friday morning. We have 4-day park hoppers, but are staying at the Hojo, so we have one Magic Morning to use.

If we use the Magic Morning, it will be on Thursday morning 7-8 am. If I know my kids, we will be at rope drop and will be able to use that time, and it would give us a great morning in DL (and Hyperspace Mountain and Fantasyland will be our targets). But, that leaves our two DCA rope drops on days that ALSO have resort hotel EMH. We really want to hit RSR multiple times on both days if possible as well as see the new version of Soarin'.

So, my question is, do I sacrifice my Magic Morning in order to have the best shot at RSR without EMH guests being ahead of me? That would mean we would rope drop DL on Wednesday and DCA on Thursday (with no resort guest EMH) and Friday (competing with EMH guests ahead of us).

Or will I be ok if I rope drop DCA on Wednesday and Friday and use the MM on Thursday? We have no interest in Frozen, so that's not an issue (thank goodness!) and we will be doing the WoC dessert party, so we don't have to run for those fastpasses.

Thank you in advance for any and all advice!

You could use the MM and leave about 10-15 mins before it ends to rope drop DCA. I haven't done this myself but I've seen others mention it.

my sons favorite ride is hyperspace mountain and he wants to ride it many times on each visit (like 2-3 times a day). for us this means being sure to do an early day (if we have 3 day hoppers or are staying on site) since that is the easiest way to ride HSM multiple times without it eating up your day since it can have very long waits otherwise. but if youre not particularly partial to the specific ride that are open (or at least supposed to be open) than I'd pass since DLR MM since it makes for slightly slower DCA mornings in my experience.

I will be visiting DLR on a Wednesday-Thursday-Friday morning. We have 4-day park hoppers

Why do you have 4 day tickets for 3 days? Wanting to make sure there isn't a 4th day hiding in there somewhere.

it would give us a great morning in DL (and Hyperspace Mountain and Fantasyland will be our targets)

We've never been able to hit FL and TL during a MM. And Space Mountain has FP, so unless you're focusing on JUST that I don't see much point in trying for Space during MM.

I can't tell you what to do, as I really like Magic Morning for those times we really want to hit Peter Pan and Toad with very little wait.

But I don't know what FL rides you're going for, so it's hard to say if MM is worth it to you.

Use your MM. Unless you value sleep more, there is no reason to avoid it. You'll be able to FP RSR each full day of your trip at least once. If you really want to do rope drop at DCA on Thursday, then hit FL during MM for at least a couple rides and then head on out around 7:30-7:40 for DCA.

Thanks everyone!

Why do you have 4 day tickets for 3 days? Wanting to make sure there isn't a 4th day hiding in there somewhere.

Sorry for the confusion, our 4th day will be our first afternoon - we won't be in town for rope drop that day.

How old are your kids? Is single rider an option?
Our kids are old enough, but they are pretty cautious, so I don't want to use SR on their first round at DLR. We use SR at WDW though, as they are very comfortable there.

You could use the MM and leave about 10-15 mins before it ends to rope drop DCA. I haven't done this myself but I've seen others mention it.

If you really want to do rope drop at DCA on Thursday, then hit FL during MM for at least a couple rides and then head on out around 7:30-7:40 for DCA.

This is a great idea!

I can't tell you what to do, as I really like Magic Morning for those times we really want to hit Peter Pan and Toad with very little wait. But I don't know what FL rides you're going for, so it's hard to say if MM is worth it to you.

Use your MM. Unless you value sleep more, there is no reason to avoid it. You'll be able to FP RSR each full day of your trip at least once.

I'm starting to think that the value of MM isn't in riding HSM, but early access to all of the FL attractions that are unique to DLR. We could hit Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, etc. and then get over to TL afterwards.

We didnt use it and really found it OK. But you still have to get there early to get some things done before the crowds arrive. My kids are older... so 1 or 2 rides on anything is OK... still the old rule applies.. get there early, get some stuff done.. and the utilize fastpass for the afternoons...... Have a great time!!!!

This is what we are planning on doing. On our last trip we rode Star Tours twice and Space Mountain once during EME

Be aware that not all rides may be ready to go for magic morning. Several people have reported that Peter Pan and Matterhorn have not been ready to go at 7, and have opened later, sometimes 7:20 or 7:30. Haven't heard the same for HSM. Similar story in DCA with TSMM and CA Screamin, though that won't affect you.

Definitely use your MM, you can get a heck of a lot done in that time. Use that day to grab some Fast Passes to RSR later in the day so you can ride it at night.

Here is what I did last Saturday MM:

7am - lined up at gate 20 but then finally figured out the gate 19 strategy.

Peter Pan
Alice
Mr. Toad
Matterhorn (7:40am)
Star Tours
8am - grabbed Fast Passes for HM
Buzz
Pinochio
Snow White
Casey Jr.
Dumbo (9:15am)
Small World
(all 6 rides above with very short lines)
HM (10am with Fast Passes)
10:15am – Toured Star Wars Launch Bay
10:30am – Starbucks
11:00am – Grabbed Fast Passes for Indy, 1:35-2:35 return
Pirates
Splash Mountain
Winnie the Pooh

Family went to gift shops on the way back to FFI, I ran and grabbed FP's
Grabbed Fast Passes for RSR (7:40-8:40pm return)

Lunch Break

2:30pm – Indy
Pirates
Autopia
Buzz
Grabbed Past Passes for GRR, 6:10-7:10pm return
TSMM
GRR
Dinner break
8:43pm – RSR
HM
Fireworks
Buzz
Mr Toad
Star Tours

A FP runner could have also snuck over to RSR and grabbed FP's for a RSR morning ride at 8AM if you wanted to let the others keep riding on the Disneyland side - and still got the night FP's later in the day (2 hours later).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter