To rope drop MF:SR or not...that is the question

TaylorTexan

Earning My Ears
Making fast passes tomorrow. We are going to HS 3 times on our trip (but 2 of those are half day visits). The first day is going be our Star Wars focused day. I originally was going to do Smuggler's Run fast passes but I'm tempted to do Mickey and Minnie (because it's new) and we rope drop Smuggler's Run. However, I also want to do the Jedi training sign-ups although they are not showing times still for our date in late April. The crowd levels are predicted 2/10. Should we book FP for the new hot ride and rope drop Smuggler's or just stick to an all star-wars themed day and do FP for Smugglers so we're not stressing about the Jedi training sign-ups, etc?? Or am I fretting over nothing since crowds are predicted as 2/10? This will be our first family trip (and we do plan to do mickey and Minnie on one of the other days but maybe it's going to be so awesome, we'll have wished we rode it twice). TIA.

If you're being told Hollywood Studios will be a 2/10 crowd level I would assume that in reality it will be extremely busy.

😫 I don't know. It's Touring Plans who has 2/10. Kenny the Pirate picks says it's a light day and picks HS as the best park to go to and now that I'm looking, Undercover Tourist says 7/10

Touring Plans will likely bump that up at some point. I do not believe we will see a "2" at DHS for a LONG time to come. Assume long lines, try to get a fastpass for any ride you really want to ride without a super long wait, and make the best of your day.

Could someone tell me where the rope line is at Hollywood Studios now? Is it up near the Chinese theater where the Minnie/Mickey Railroad i located? I am trying to plan a trip and wonder if an early breakfast reservation at Hollywood and Vine will gain us any advantage. Thanks

Could someone tell me where the rope line is at Hollywood Studios now? Is it up near the Chinese theater where the Minnie/Mickey Railroad i located? I am trying to plan a trip and wonder if an early breakfast reservation at Hollywood and Vine will gain us any advantage. Thanks
right now you can go all the way to the entrance of TSLand, or the entrance to SWGE or half way down Sunset. No advantage to H&V breakfast

I rope dropped MFSR on 2/18 and it took almost 90 minutes to get on the ride. Not sure what you should do, but I'd get a FP for that and Slinky. Or at the very least count on riding MFSR late in the day right before closing (Which I heard, but didn't test is less time).

Thanks for the help. I thought perhaps they might hold people closer to echo lake area. Perhaps the rope will be closer to Echo Lake when the Mickey Minnie railroad opens in early March. Guess I will have to keep checking. My trip is in late June. Thank you again for replying.

We just finished up our Disney trip today. Galaxy’s Edge was FAR better in the evening. Nighttime standby was 60 minutes. Less crowds and more breathing room to really soak it all in.

FWIW we rope dropped MF last Thurs. and got on in about 45 minutes. We just lined up outside GE with everyone else and as we were getting boarding groups for ROR they opened the doors and we just followed everyone in and stayed to the right. There are lots of CM's directing everyone to the ride. Buy the time we got up to the falcon and entering under the signs it said 120 minutes. I asked and a CM said from that was from the end of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter