Today's Disney bad press...

Remember, Disney ( like most companies ) want to be in the news. Bad or good.
No company wants press like that article though. Not a good scene. After seeing Chapek start the destruction of Disney parks with less service and major increases, I stated to my wife that this will cause major issues for attendance in which she disagreed. I said it may take 4-5 years before they see declining attendance but it will take twice that long for Disney to regain the peoples trust. Disney May have DVC members to rely on but people may forgo park trips or rent out their points denying Disney the chance to sell their exhorborant room rates. As Bob Dylan said, the times they are a changin

That's just a sloppy hit piece. I mean, you could write the same gist with actual journalism, but this isn't it.

Between this and the article they ran based on a tiktok video, I could do without the NY Post’s parks coverage.
Or any main stream media’s coverage for the last umpteen years, basing 80% of their stories off of Twitter.

I do agree with CM not being in character in GE. Was there last week & back in December last year. CM were not in character this time around.

I've been 3 times since the pandemic shut down. This time was by far the best time. Cast members were much better... staffing was much better (not back to normal but better).
But, less than clean bathrooms and disrepair were still pretty noticeable. I don't mind paying more, things do go up in price. BUT, what I don't like is paying more for less. If you need to charge me more for the "Disney" experience then so be it, but I expect the magic.

I've been 3 times since the pandemic shut down. This time was by far the best time. Cast members were much better... staffing was much better (not back to normal but better).
But, less than clean bathrooms and disrepair were still pretty noticeable. I don't mind paying more, things do go up in price. BUT, what I don't like is paying more for less. If you need to charge me more for the "Disney" experience then so be it, but I expect the magic.

I think that's a huge part people are missing....again. you are paying more than you did for when things worked, or were spotless, so where is all that money going? If they aren't reinvesting in the product they have no right to raise prices.

I ws just there and there were no super-glaring issues. The Hondo animatronic from the MFSR pre-show was missing so they were running the B-mode and POTC ws down for the entire MNSSHP, so that was a bummer. Other than that things seemed fine, and honestly, I think I ran into more in-character and just really pleasant CMs this time than over my last couple of visits.

I ws just there and there were no super-glaring issues. The Hondo animatronic from the MFSR pre-show was missing so they were running the B-mode and POTC ws down for the entire MNSSHP, so that was a bummer. Other than that things seemed fine, and honestly, I think I ran into more in-character and just really pleasant CMs this time than over my last couple of visits.
More than a few who were there around the time we both were have said the same, it really feels like they have turned a corner to a better place. And the CM's pleasantness was a noticeable change even vs pre-covid times.

Other than that things seemed fine, and honestly, I think I ran into more in-character and just really pleasant CMs this time than over my last couple of visits.
We were there over Labor Day weekend and this was very noticeable. We all kept saying how this was the first time since the pandemic that things seemed almost back to normal regarding CM interactions. For one thing, having actual international CM's back in Epcot is a game changer. But beyond that it seemed everywhere we went CM's were going out of their way to engage with us or do something special - even if it was just a little thing. We've been back several times in the last couple of years and while I'm loathe to fault CM's in general it's been apparent that they were stretched way too thin and were just doing the best they could to get the job done. This was our first trip in three years that we felt that old Disney magic and it all came from the CM's.

Yeah, I saw a lot of good CM interations, and even ran across this really great bellhop at Tower of Terror - he was very "on" the whole time with a great deadpan delivery. Those little touches seemed to be less common, but it was definitely more noticeable this time.

“Paying more for less is the natural result of progress.” -Josh D’Amaro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter