Today's Disney bad press...

We saw the same and there are many other posts on the boards agreeing with us. I think the article is dated and made up of people who like to complain about old issues like it was yesterday...
It was not that way in just July. So we aren’t talking like years ago. I go every couple months so I have seen the parks during all seasons. As an annual passholder, I still see value b/c of how often we are able to go during the year & DS (4) loves it. But, that’s not to discount the article. Those experiences sound legit to me.

I'm just not shocked by what I read, while some things maybe bad at a particular moment, overall reports here and other locations reflect a lot of maintenance and staffing issues that I can fully believe. If we were still knee deep in Covid I could blame it on that, but we're not.

Based on Disney's prices they should be able to staff the parks, hire adequate staffing levels... IF and only if Disney gets competitive with their pay scales. But IMHO Disney isn't on a path to do that, they are on a path maximize profits. They are willing to sacrifice their core Disney philosophies, principals and traditions such as their former legendary customer service and wonderfully well trained and "in character CMs" for the sake of profits.

Will this last? Will Disney return to their "legacy" ways? I wish I knew, but I don't see it going back under Chapek and honestly I'm not sure even under D’Amaro.

It was not that way in just July. So we aren’t talking like years ago. I go every couple months so I have seen the parks during all seasons. As an annual passholder, I still see value b/c of how often we are able to go during the year & DS (4) loves it. But, that’s not to discount the article. Those experiences sound legit to me.
We are local and go often too. We spent a full week on property in late August and I think the noticeable change took place in that second half of August - crowds thinned out just a bit, letting the CMs finally breath; kids were back in school in FL possibly freeing up more workers along with thinning the crowd; international workers began to return; the new college program stated up, general hiring must have kicked up. No down rides, very helpful CMs at every turn. It really felt like a very noticeable return to what we had known as normal.

As for the article, no doubt they are legit comments but things have changed (as many have stated on here) and no effort was made by the reporter to see if anything had changed.

We are local and go often too. We spent a full week on property in late August and I think the noticeable change took place in that second half of August - crowds thinned out just a bit, letting the CMs finally breath; kids were back in school in FL possibly freeing up more workers along with thinning the crowd; international workers began to return; the new college program stated up, general hiring must have kicked up. No down rides, very helpful CMs at every turn. It really felt like a very noticeable return to what we had known as normal.

As for the article, no doubt they are legit comments but things have changed (as many have stated on here) and no effort was made by the reporter to see if anything had changed.
I hope you’re right! We return in Oct.

So Disney punishing people who break clearly stated rules is now bad press? Interesting.
It's not so much them punishing people but the other part of it. Yes they will buy back tickets if you can't go but they should then resell them but they aren't.

It's not so much them punishing people but the other part of it. Yes they will buy back tickets if you can't go but they should then resell them but they aren't.
How does anyone know for sure that they are not then putting them back on sale? All we have to go on is a random fan site I never heard of and facebook 🙄

Maybe they are holding them back for comp tickets or CM tickets or any number of other possibilities. Why does anyone care? They, for once, enforced a rule, we should actually be happy (that's assuming that random post on FB is actually true).

How does anyone know for sure that they are not then putting them back on sale? All we have to go on is a random fan site I never heard of and facebook 🙄

Maybe they are holding them back for comp tickets or CM tickets or any number of other possibilities. Why does anyone care? They, for once, enforced a rule, we should actually be happy (that's assuming that random post on FB is actually true).
It's posted on more then just that site. The story comes from the site that shall not be named.

It's posted on more then just that site. The story comes from the site that shall not be named.
I don't care enough to go hunting around for it but is the source for all the stories FB or did someone actually do some investigative reporting for those clicks? The latter would be a freaking miracle!

The crowds were worse 😔. But we had a great time! However, I didn’t notice that many ride break downs this time. But we did notice trash cans overflowing. There is a noticeable worker shortage in the whole area not just wdw.
Yep, I just saw an article yesterday that FL's 2.5% unemployment rate is the 2nd lowest in history for the state. Unbelievable given how much the FL population has grown the last few years.

Sorry to hear it still felt understaffed for you. We must have hit a sweet spot of smaller crowds in Aug/Sep that the staff had no problem keeping up with.

Glad you had fun though!!

Yep, I just saw an article yesterday that FL's 2.5% unemployment rate is the 2nd lowest in history for the state. Unbelievable given how much the FL population has grown the last few years.

Sorry to hear it still felt understaffed for you. We must have hit a sweet spot of smaller crowds in Aug/Sep that the staff had no problem keeping up with.

Glad you had fun though!!
I think people are unwilling to work for $20 an hour when they have to pay $1500 a month for an apartment

I think people are unwilling to work for $20 an hour when they have to pay $1500 a month for an apartment
That may be but a 2.5% unemployment rate basically means the state is at full employment - meaning there are no new hires to be had at any price.

That may be but a 2.5% unemployment rate basically means the state is at full employment - meaning there are no new hires to be had at any price.
Disney should jack up the salaries a few dollars an hour to poach employees. That is how I get people. I find the people I like working with that are at other companies and offer them more to jump ship.

I'm just not shocked by what I read, while some things maybe bad at a particular moment, overall reports here and other locations reflect a lot of maintenance and staffing issues that I can fully believe. If we were still knee deep in Covid I could blame it on that, but we're not.

Based on Disney's prices they should be able to staff the parks, hire adequate staffing levels... IF and only if Disney gets competitive with their pay scales. But IMHO Disney isn't on a path to do that, they are on a path maximize profits. They are willing to sacrifice their core Disney philosophies, principals and traditions such as their former legendary customer service and wonderfully well trained and "in character CMs" for the sake of profits.

Will this last? Will Disney return to their "legacy" ways? I wish I knew, but I don't see it going back under Chapek and honestly I'm not sure even under D’Amaro.
They are also willing to sacrifice safety even though they preach it as priority #1.

There's a very easy price to get new employees. Disney just doesn't like that price, nor will they negotiate with non management.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter