Today's last minute BWV questions--USB ports in rooms?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We will have three phones with three different chargers, plus my husband's battery boost thing--it will charge up a phone in the parks but it has to be recharged each evening. Plus whether we decide to take the laptop or the ipad to view our memory maker photos.. DH wanted to know if they have USB ports in the rooms? Thanks.
Daisyx3

OK then, time to individually bag cords with the chargers. Between us there is an iphone 5, iphone 4, and a droid. I wish at least two of us had the same charger!
At least I see from resort photos that it has one of those ihome radios where I can play my ipod and charge it while I am doing so. I still use an ipod classic for my music and I need it for the plane!
Daisyx3

If you haven't already, pack a power strip with you. Preferably one with a long cord. BWV has limited outlets compared to the newer resorts.

The Villas of Grand Floridian has a USB port in the nightstand by the bed, at least in the studios. I'm hoping that DVD will include USB ports in all future DVC resorts.

DSCN1634_zpsbc51a295.jpg

Thanks for the tip....I just happen to have my daughter's power strip from college sitting in the hallway upstairs (she painted her room and her stuff is in the hall). I am going to grab it and pack it!
Daisyx3

OK then, time to individually bag cords with the chargers. Between us there is an iphone 5, iphone 4, and a droid. I wish at least two of us had the same charger!
At least I see from resort photos that it has one of those ihome radios where I can play my ipod and charge it while I am doing so. I still use an ipod classic for my music and I need it for the plane!
Daisyx3

I keep one of these in my suitcase.

372.jpg

The Villas of Grand Floridian has a USB port in the nightstand by the bed, at least in the studios. I'm hoping that DVD will include USB ports in all future DVC resorts.

DSCN1634_zpsbc51a295.jpg

I'm guessing that is a newer, hotel industry standard. (Zeal though Disney is slow to adopt any new standard practice) It's certainly nice to have, but I doubt I would ever travel without my own USB charger.

I keep one of these in my suitcase.

372.jpg

Oooh I like that too. You can probably tell I don't travel that much by how excited I am over a charger with a built in USB. I will add that to my shopping list.
Daisyx3

If you haven't already, pack a power strip with you. Preferably one with a long cord. BWV has limited outlets compared to the newer resorts.
I second this! Not only are there limited outlets at BWV but most of them are already in use. Some of the outlets are difficult to access (behind the nightstand, under the table, etc.) so the long cord nalajms recommends is essential.

We have two power strips and a couple of multi-taps in our Owners Locker. They really come in handy at BWV.

I disagree. I just checked out of BWV, and the alarm clock was plugged in to one of six outlets next to the bed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter