Todays tourist £/$ is $1.33 !!!

You have to look at the whole picture, the majority who don't like the pound fall probably have a mortgage which so long as its not a fixed deal will have fallen. Perhaps you can then spend this money on the extra needed to fund your spending.
At £1 - $1.3 I personally don't think eating out in Florida is expensive.

I go skiing at least once or twice every year and eating and drinking in French ski resorts is far more expensive. 1/2 litre of larger is at least 5 euros which is now about five quid. A drink and some spagbol can easily set you back £15-£20 per person on a lunch time. A 7 day lift pass is the thick end of £180 and for a decent evening meal name your price. For anyone who says Norway is even more expensive, try Piggys bar in Courchervel 1850, I was in there last winter, 1/2 litre of beer was 25 euros.

You have to look at the whole picture, the majority who don't like the pound fall probably have a mortgage which so long as its not a fixed deal will have fallen. Perhaps you can then spend this money on the extra needed to fund your spending.
At £1 - $1.3 I personally don't think eating out in Florida is expensive.

I go skiing at least once or twice every year and eating and drinking in French ski resorts is far more expensive. 1/2 litre of larger is at least 5 euros which is now about five quid. A drink and some spagbol can easily set you back £15-£20 per person on a lunch time. A 7 day lift pass is the thick end of £180 and for a decent evening meal name your price. For anyone who says Norway is even more expensive, try Piggys bar in Courchervel 1850, I was in there last winter, 1/2 litre of beer was 25 euros.

For majority you are correct, a low(very low) mortgage rate more than compensates lower exchange rate. Unfortunately we are in the minority, way more savings than loans and spend about half our mortgage amount on holidays every year. Its not great just now but hopefully things will pick up again in next year or so. We have had a great run last few year so time to cool off a bit, only spending a third on trips this year compared to last few years.
Europe is out of the question for me short term, between trips to Florida we try do at least 1 euro hol a year and a couple of weekends in Holland, not now, I am not paying £5 a pint to drink.
Also the few paid in $'s or Euros are better off just now after they have had a bad few years.

Woo! Even if it stays at 1.40 I'll be happy. Would be nice to get more though lol. Hopefully this si the start of a better £.

this always reminds me of those game shows where they win say a £1000 and then they bet a bit more to win £2000 and loose it all.. even though they say at the beginning they would be happy with £1000 hehehe..

I am not going till October and don't have spending money saved yet, but if I did, I think I would buy at least half now, just in case

liesa
xxx

Lol i got really excited to see it at 1.4 today now im thinking do I hold off and wait for 1.5 but this morning I aid to hubby as soon a sit hits 1.4 im going to buy !!

We are not due to go until December so have no plans to buy yet. As yet we have not booked either but the plan is to go unless there are major problems. The trouble is we have been spoilt for too long. Last time we went it was $2 £1. I think anything above $1.5 is a bonus. Lets not forget that the US is still cheaper than UK and they will have bargains to get us spending. We will do the last 5 nights on the dining plan and eat in buffet restaurants some of the time. If we start saving now we should be okay come December. Saying that fingers crossed the rate improves. The better the rate the more clothes we buy.:thumbsup2

I've just bought some today too. Not a lot at all but still...hope tomorrow is another day we wake up to another rise!

Fairfx is at 1.4150 this morning! I can't help feeling a bit excited now. I just hope it doesn't crash again!

Well the banks have been doing well and I think all the supermarkets announcing the huge jobs increase should hopefully boost it. I am only planning for next year but ill be tempted to top up a little if it gets over $1.5 at any point.

What does oversold mean does it mean it will get worse??

No, if its oversold thats better for us but no-one knows, the market is just constantly waiting for the next bad news just now, the next bed news is expected from US so thats why we have gone off the lows of last week. You have as much chance tossing a coin for the £ direction, the 'experts' have no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter