Toddler Crafts?

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
Hi there! I am looking for some fun stuff to do with my DD 2! I'm a beader, so when i sometimes work she has her own chunky beads and shoelace like thread to work with, but i was looking for something else to add to that. We already have coloring and painting down. I want to do something different with her, any ideas?? I also have a 1 yr old DS, so it can't be anything that might make too big a mess or i could miss with the vacuum. We like to craft during his morning nap :)
TIA!!!

Hi there! I am looking for some fun stuff to do with my DD 2! I'm a beader, so when i sometimes work she has her own chunky beads and shoelace like thread to work with, but i was looking for something else to add to that. We already have coloring and painting down. I want to do something different with her, any ideas?? I also have a 1 yr old DS, so it can't be anything that might make too big a mess or i could miss with the vacuum. We like to craft during his morning nap :)
TIA!!!

One of the best activities for pre-writing skills is play-doh/clay! first it builds muscles in their hands and when they get comfortable, using the tools is great for development!:thumbsup2

I have a DS 4 and a DS 1 and they love to make thier own playdoe. you can google it to find a recipe and make it in the microwave. They poor and mix the ingredients and then add thier own colors. Plus you can make it with koolaid and it will smell nice. then you use it like playdoe. My guys like to make snakes and the typical boy stuff.
get out your cookie cutters a rolling pin, plastic knifes and have fun!!
Jennifer

Thanks a bunch!!!! i have already started digging for some old cookie cutters i know are here somewhere!! :yay:

It might make a small mess but my ds2 loves to mix sugar, flour, etc. when I bake. He also loves to "wash" dishes in the sink with warm water and bubbles (dish soap). Not really arts and crafts, but an activitiy

It might make a small mess but my ds2 loves to mix sugar, flour, etc. when I bake. He also loves to "wash" dishes in the sink with warm water and bubbles (dish soap). Not really arts and crafts, but an activitiy

I like the dishes thing! thanks! DD already does the baking help! it certainly does make a mess! haha! but our arrangement with daddy is if we bake it, he cleans it :)

Another fun activity that can keep kids busy for a long period of time is an indoor sandbox. Buy a 20 pound bag of rice and put it in a large storage container and give her measuring cups, a funnel and other toys. Just close the lid when she's finished until the next time!:)

Plant Markers

ff1101_craft_plantmark.jpg

This project is perfect for elves of all ages: the Sculpey clay is easy to shape into creepy critters, small signs, and other adorable plant markers. Your child can gift-wrap a couple of them together with a few seed packs or present them in a small potted plant. CRAFT MATERIALS:
One 1 3/4-pound box of Sculpty Granitex polymer clay
Toothpicks
Wooden craft sticks
Rubber stamp (optional)
Aluminum foil

Time needed: Under 1 Hour
1. Have your child start with a small piece of the clay, kneading it until it is soft and easy to work with. For plant pals like our smiling worm, have her roll the clay between her palms to create a smooth, thick rope. She can then bend the rope into a curvy worm shape, round the head slightly, and pinch the tail to a point.

2. Help her use a toothpick to poke in eyes and a mouth and mount the shape on a craft stick. The clay should sit securely on top of the stick like a Popsicle.

3. For a message-bearing rock like our love stone, poke holes with a toothpick to form each letter, then drag the toothpick through the poked holes, or use uninked rubber stamps to print the message.

4. Lay the completed designs on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 275° oven for 15 minutes per 1/4 inch of thickness. Cool on a wire rack.

This one is cute! i just need to get some plants now! :laughing:

Another fun activity that can keep kids busy for a long period of time is an indoor sandbox. Buy a 20 pound bag of rice and put it in a large storage container and give her measuring cups, a funnel and other toys. Just close the lid when she's finished until the next time!

I like this idea! i did something similar with the baby pool :) but there was just nowhere to put it afterwards, so i like the idea of something smaller :yay:

we have an indoor sand box. one that has legs that the kids stand at. One side has a water table the other side is for sand. We use all types of sensory things. Oatmeal, cornmeal, uncooked noodles/pasta, dried beans, rice,

this way if your younger one puts some of this stuff in his mouth it wont be too bad. put an old table cloth underneigh for easy clean up.

Jennifer

Google sensory table ideas and you will get a ton of stuff to put into them

Foamies are great too. My DD2 (27 months) and I glue them to paper plates. So even easier buy the ones that have adhensive on the back already. She loves to put them down and I ask her what shape and color it is. So fun and educational at the same time!

If you ever find Magic Noodles, kids love these! They stick when slightly moistened and can make cool 3-D art!:cool1:

48927.gif

Hi Michelle, My DS loves it when I pour a lil bubbles on a cookie sheet and he uses straws to blow bubbles!

For the indoor sand/rice box, try one of the under the bed storage boxes. They have tight fitting covers, are easy to store, and they give you a good volume.

Hi. With my neice a couple of weeks ago we, took her found pine cone, covered it in peanut butter, then rolled in bird seeds, grandma hung it out in her tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter