Tolls...

Lindaapple

Mouseketeer
I just googled mapped from MCO to The Grove Orlando Resort where we will be staying and I see that one route has tolls. I am wondering how much I should prepare to have for tolls. I have 20 $1 bills and about $9 in dimes (I am in Canada). Do the tolls accept both bills and coins? Just asking to see if I need to find proper change at the airport before we leave (we don't plan to do the sunpass thing). Also wondering if we should expect tolls for the rest of our stay if we are basically just going to and from Disney/Seaworld/Outlets/International Drive stores & restaurants? Thanks!

I just googled mapped from MCO to The Grove Orlando Resort where we will be staying and I see that one route has tolls. I am wondering how much I should prepare to have for tolls. I have 20 $1 bills and about $9 in dimes (I am in Canada). Do the tolls accept both bills and coins? Just asking to see if I need to find proper change at the airport before we leave (we don't plan to do the sunpass thing). Also wondering if we should expect tolls for the rest of our stay if we are basically just going to and from Disney/Seaworld/Outlets/International Drive stores & restaurants? Thanks!
Actually, both routes suggested by Google have tolls, SR-417 or SR-528.

Mainline tolls always have attendants who can take bills and give change. The 528 to I-4 route has only mainline tolls.

The suggested 417 route has you exiting at Osceola Pkwy, which has an unattended coins-only toll booth. The toll is $1.00, and it will accept dimes.

You shouldn't see any tolls going to WDW. You could run into a coins-only toll if you go to the Orlando Factory Outlets, but there are equally convenient toll-free routes; just set "Avoid Tolls" in Google Maps.

Actually, both routes suggested by Google have tolls, SR-417 or SR-528.

Mainline tolls always have attendants who can take bills and give change. The 528 to I-4 route has only mainline tolls.

The suggested 417 route has you exiting at Osceola Pkwy, which has an unattended coins-only toll booth. The toll is $1.00, and it will accept dimes.

You shouldn't see any tolls going to WDW. You could run into a coins-only toll if you go to the Orlando Factory Outlets, but there are equally convenient toll-free routes; just set "Avoid Tolls" in Google Maps.
Thanks! Sounds like I'll be set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter