Tony Hinds question

$120 was what I was quoted as well for our upcoming Nov trip, MCO to RPR and I gladly booked it. The last time I looked at Uber it would have been comparable and universal's shuttle was going to charge me $45 each way on the site I think. After reading some horror stories involving late shuttle times and huge waits (And reading Tony's rave reviews on this site!) I decided to go safe, and the grocery stop was a definite bonus. The savings all week on bottled water alone will probably pay for his service.

Not to hijack the thread but may I ask what a good tip is for a driver? We've always rented a car in the past. Also do I tip both ways or just at the end of the entire trip when we head back to MCO? Help, I'm a complete noob on this.

$120 was what I was quoted as well for our upcoming Nov trip, MCO to RPR and I gladly booked it. The last time I looked at Uber it would have been comparable and universal's shuttle was going to charge me $45 each way on the site I think. After reading some horror stories involving late shuttle times and huge waits (And reading Tony's rave reviews on this site!) I decided to go safe, and the grocery stop was a definite bonus. The savings all week on bottled water alone will probably pay for his service.

Not to hijack the thread but may I ask what a good tip is for a driver? We've always rented a car in the past. Also do I tip both ways or just at the end of the entire trip when we head back to MCO? Help, I'm a complete noob on this.
So we are using Tony this Thursday-Monday, for what its worth we are planning on tipping 20% for each trip, so $72 from MCO, and another $72 to MCO. I plan on doing that as I've read that sometimes there will be different drivers for each trip. We are staying at Royal Pacific, 4 adults and he quoted me $120 round trip.

So we are using Tony this Thursday-Monday, for what its worth we are planning on tipping 20% for each trip, so $72 from MCO, and another $72 to MCO. I plan on doing that as I've read that sometimes there will be different drivers for each trip. We are staying at Royal Pacific, 4 adults and he quoted me $120 round trip.
20% each way sounds like a great idea, I appreciate the response! I'm paying cash upon arrival so I'll stuff the extra in my wallet. I'm all prepped for the trip and I still have months to go. :rotfl2:

We tipped $15 each way, I thought it was well worth it. Loved the grocery stop!
Now, I paid the full $120, plus one $15 tip to the first driver, then just the $15 tip to the second driver. I thought that's what I was expected to do and nobody said anything about it. Was I supposed to do $60 plus tip to each driver?

Following because I have been curious about tipping too. I will be paying the fee by credit card but was thinking of bringing cash for the tip.

To answer the above question, I pay the full round trip car service amount when I get in the car or when I am dropped off at the hotel.

I pay each driver the same amount based on the 20% tip I give.

In January, Tony parked in a limited time zone marked spot so no time to pay him until I got out of the car when delivered to the hotel.

I give tips at end of each leg of the ride to the driver

Tony tries his best to be your driver for at least one leg of the transportation his company provides.

I was quoted $120 by Tony for a roundtrip from MCO to Sapphire Falls. Does this seem high to anyone else? I remember reading his prices were comparable to Uber/Lyft and they are ~$30 one way.
This is right to me. We've been using him for 5+ years and his prices have always been comparable to taxi or private car service. Uber/Lyft is always less. I'm willing to pay more for Tony's service because him and his driver will meet you at baggage claim and assist with luggage, and they park very close to baggage claim for a quick exit out the airport. They will also do a complimentary 30 minute grocery stop if requested. We usually book him for the way there and then will do Uber on the way back to save a little money, and also so we don't have to pre-schedule a time to go to the airport.

I'm editing my original post after speaking with Tony. He was very responsive and wanted to correct anything we saw as a problem. I will just keep this thought here, as it was our biggest concern - please let him know ahead of time if it is important to you that your driver wear a mask.

I would use him again after having had a talk with him about our concerns!

Last edited:
Just talked with him yesterday about getting transportation from Disney to universal at the end of this month- he was very kind and professional in our correspondence and I’m looking forward to meeting him! I feel very comfortable with using him 😊 I’ll update after our trip!

We have used him numerous times. Often had another driver or one leg of the trip. We had several other drivers. All of them were more than fine, but we really love having Tony for the driver as he is just such a kind and wonderful human being. I was so afraid that he would not continue with the business and he, like us, is no spring chicken. That has not happened so we are so grateful. He drove us most recently in May 2021.

We got Tony last night. He was so very nice. I sent a hello from macraven and he told us how much he has enjoyed driving you all those years snd was looking forward to your upcoming trip. Tomorrow morning someone form his service will be taking us to another resort. He is just such a nice man. Very interesting with his stories snd telling us how he manages all the flight changes etc.

What type of vehicle does Tony or his other drivers use? We are looking for someone to take my family of four from MCO to Dolphin at midnight and then back to MCO from Portofino for an early morning flight. We plan to use an Uber/Lyft to transfer from Dolphin to Portofino as we don't want a set time for when we have to finish at our park that day.

Tony is excellent, very responsive to all my texts and calls.....he drives a minivan. He was very punctual.

What type of vehicle does Tony or his other drivers use? We are looking for someone to take my family of four from MCO to Dolphin at midnight and then back to MCO from Portofino for an early morning flight. We plan to use an Uber/Lyft to transfer from Dolphin to Portofino as we don't want a set time for when we have to finish at our park that day.

Tony told me he usually does the late night pickups. He gets alerts when your flight is arriving. He can get to the airport in minutes. We just picked up our luggage and walked out the door and told him what number we were standing at and he came from the cell lot where he waits until you are ready to go.

Just used him Sat and today. He picked us up in a mini van on Sat and today he had a Suburban so more than enough room for a family of 4.

We had Tony both ways and he was as friendly as described here. He accomodated several changes prior to arrival, and also when SW cancelled our return flight and rebooked us the next day. He explained that he is the sole owner/driver of his business. He said he and 4 other independent drivers who own their own cars have formed a co-op type set up in which they help cover for each other. I definitely think he would want to know if you had a bad experience with one of the other drivers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter