• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too many reservations not enough credits

mvbuch

Earning My Ears
We are going for 10 nights and I selected 11 reservations. I was planing on paying for one. I then noticed I can not do math since one of them is a two credit we will actually have to pay for two.

Boma (since are staying at the animal kingdom lodge)
Sanna dinner (never been so we want to try a new restaurant this trip)
Cape Mae Dinner(Want to have some type of sea food dinner)
Dinner at Teppon Edo (a family tradition that we do every trip)
Breakfast at Cinderalla(Last did it 10 years ago when you had to to call at 180 days and zeo minutes just to have a chance)
Sci Fi for lunch (planned on paying for this)
Yak & Yeti for dinner(never had a sit down in animal kingdom so we decided to give it a try
Chefs de France lunch (Hope to see Remy)
Whispering Canyon dinner(have not been in years)
Park fare Breaksfast (my 13 year old really wants to meet Alice)
Chef Mickey dinner( a last day tradtion)

My question is should we drop one or pay for an additional one. Which one?

CRT is two credits as well... isn't it?

I would look look at menus for each meal and come up with an approximate idea of what each would cost...then pay OOP for those that would cost the least.

Or crunch the numbers to see if the Deluxe Plan would work better for you? :confused3

I'd almost "wing it" per se. If one day you are not feeling so hungry and just feel like an appetizer or small meal - pay for that one.

I think that Sci-Fi seems likes a good one to go OOP.

You have picked some really nice restaurants. From what I hear CRT includes both tip and the picture package so you'll want to use your credits there. What is the other 2TS? Perhaps just pay that one OOP and you'll have enough credits for everything else.

Have fun - sounds like a great trip.

Depending on what you are planning to order, I would pay OOP for the two lunches (Sci-Fi and Chefs de France) or CRT. The CRT breakfast for an adult is $44.80, inclusive of tax and tip. That means it's $22/credit. If your lunch at each Sci-Fi and Chefs will be less than $22 (for entree, beverage and dessert), then pay for Sci-Fi/Chefs OOP. If each of your lunches there will be more than $22, then pay for CRT OOP. In general, the value of a DDP TS credit needs to be more than $22 to break-even on the plan, so CRT is generally a poor use of DDP credits.

P.S. - Remy was not at Chefs when we had lunch there last September. We were told he was "on vacation." My understanding is that he sometimes stops working, etc., just an FYI if that was part of what was helping you keep that ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter