Took my ICD-9 cm coding final last night

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
The class before mine took it the day before and everyone was saying how hard it was, how it took them the whole THREE hours to complete, yada yada yada. I was VERY nervous because it only took me 1 1/2 hours...:eek: So I went to see my instructor and guess WHAT! I got a 96! That means I only missed TWO! I am doing the HAPPY dance!

Not quite sure what that is, but I do know that a 96 is DEFINITELY something to be proud of!!! Good for you!

Excellent Job!!!!

Oh, and Lorelei--I was at the Red Sox game last Saturday, on the left field side, and have a couple of great pics of Nomar's, ahem, backside? Want me to PM them????? ;)

Kudos to you for doing so well. What exactly was that test you took? I've never heard of it.

Congrats on doing so well!!

Its coding used in the medical field. You use the codes in filing insurance claims and processing them. Sometimes in obtaining pre-authorization for certain procedures or surgeries.

Wow! I am a coder/auditor at a hospital. I didn't think anyone knew what this was!!

I actually got certified as an RHIA back in 1996 (took the program in college) and am thinking of getting CCS certified also.

Congrats!!:D

Thanks everyone! Sorry I didn't explain what it was- but I think the others have for me!

I've also been looking into this. There is a lady in my area that teaches night classes. I think only the cost of the classes is holding me back. It's about $1600. I know it includes books, but I don't know what else. It is a growing field right now, especially with all hospitals and medical practices scrambling to comply with the HIPPA guidelines. Congrats to you! I bet that was a stressful exam.

Congratulations! I used those codes when I did a little medical billing (many years ago!). My sis is a medical records librarian - she actually is in quality data management.

So when I have to fill out the 485 on my medicare patients, I know who to come to to get the right diagnosis code.

Excellent work!

What line of work will you be pursuing?

I used to work in OutPatient P.T. at a local hospital & I can still picture that ICD-9 book being tossed all over the office by the P.T.'s/O.T.'s & SLP's trying to find payable DX codes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter