• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toronto Pearson...U.S. Customs

wee-haggis

DIS Veteran
Am I correct in saying that on leaving Toronto (and going through US Customs),when we arrive in MCO,there is no customs check other than passport control?
(ie: After collecting the suitcases from the carousel,we are on our way out the door?)

Once you clear US Customs in TO, you are home free!

You go pick up your luggage and Enjoy!

Have a Great Trip!

Scratch
:smooth:

Once you have cleared US customs; you have technically you have left Canada. Pick up your liggage at MCO and your on the road. You need to purchase any duty free articles at the airport and will not be sold on the aircraft on the trip down since you have already cleared customs. You will be able to purchase duty free on the trip back (if aircraft has it) since you do do clear customs until the plane lands in Toronto.

Wee-haggis - Unless things have changed, it depends on which terminal your flight is departing from. In the past two years we've done it both ways. Once we cleared customs here and were free to move right along in Orlando. The other time (I think January 2002) we got straight onto the plane and then spent an hour in Orlando clearing customs.

Good Luck!

Its Air Transat and they are in T3......so , i recall that on checking in with AT you walk around the back of desk (which is a bit strange in itself)and proceed to the US Customs luggage in hand.
A bit of a nuisance but upon arriving in MCO it makes for an easier time.

I think it is the time of day of your departure and not athe terminal building I have cleared customs in all three terminal buildings. Only once we did not clear customs. The flight left for Ft Lauderdale at 6:00am. Flight left from the international departure lounge ( I guess US customs were not open yet). On our last trip (flight left at 6:30) we had to wait in line for the US Customs office to open up after obtaining our bording passes.

Hi everyone...

On that same note can someone clear the following for me ?

We are flying Air Canada from Montreal to Toronto then to
Orlando. Are we going to clear custom in Montreal and see our luggage in Orlando only ?

Or do we take back our luggage in Toronto and clear customs there ???:confused:

Thank you for your help;)

Steff

Originally posted by buzz638

On that same note can someone clear the following for me ?

We are flying Air Canada from Montreal to Toronto then to
Orlando. Are we going to clear custom in Montreal and see our luggage in Orlando only ?

Or do we take back our luggage in Toronto and clear customs there ???:confused:

Your baggage will be tagged through to Orlando, however you will have to bring it through US Customs in Toronto. Follow the signs for US connecting baggage (it is a seperate carrousel near US Customs). You will pick your bags up there and then carry them through Customs (stop for Duty Free before getting into line). After passing through Customs and Immigration, you will place your bags on a conveyor and then go through security.

It's pretty simple once you've done it a few times. The check in agent in Montreal will explain the procedure to you when you check in.

Have a great trip!:wave:

Thank you Blizzard, that will help clear the confusion....

Steff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter